Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-08-03 15:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
to me read as if
Not at all!

That body is just an useful among many options through which you can reach that objective. Hasn't been mandatory nor BiS for quite a long time. As a matter of fact I never dared to define it as such but simply as a "nice" option.
And I still stand by that, it is a nice option indeed.

Also let's not forget the body is 10% PDT not DT. Granted that most of the time that won't be a real difference with Shell5 on, but still, worth saying.
To my eyes the good part of that body are the nice (but not BiS) defensive stats among with Refresh. (I consider the Resist Silence cool but it's mostly icing on the cake to me, eh)
Like take Nyame Body, arguably better stats defensively but no Refresh.
If you can cap Pet/Master DT without the body slot I'd argue you can use Empy+3.
Personally I used to "lock" head, neck and feet slot in my DT sets on GEO.
Good thing that Empy+3 head brought DT too, making those sets even easier to assemble, if you ask me.
[+]
By Seun 2023-08-03 16:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Hard disagree on "they aren't taking damage because they have proper buffs, tanks, and healers doing their job". In Omen, Vagary, Odyssey segs, Odyssey NMs (most of them), Sortie, Dynamis, HTBF...Basically every bit of content I can think of, you will take incidental damage even if the tank is tanking, you have proper buffs, and you're topped off.

Agree to disagree. By my definition, incidental damage isn't causing your group any burden in keeping you alive. You're getting hit by stray AoE, but you're also getting hiy by the incoming AoE heals so it's inconsequential.

In cases where said damage would make you a burden on your group, it makes more of a case for your BRD not being on the front lines at all than it does for swapping a single piece of gear.
By Felgarr 2023-08-04 00:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
I would also argue that if people exist in the world of BiS, they aren't taking damage because they have proper buffs, tanks and healers doing their job, ect.

I disagree wholeheartedly. This thinking leads to a lot of assumptions that results in the same thing every time: DDs stop wearing DT in their TP sets. (No Thanks).

Also, what the name of the item you're calling "AJ v2"?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-08-04 00:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

With AJ v2 he means "Assault Jerkin v2".
It's one of the ilevel updated items that were released with Unity Concord system, where they took old "famous" items of the lv75 era and updated to ilevel 119 version.

In particular those items were also updated with augments with the release of Sheol A/B/C.

The new name is "Agony Jerkin" and the augments are Attack +60, STP +10 and All stats+10.

It's a pretty nice body but just like with all those updated items, it suffers from weak defensive stats.
I wouldn't really suggest that body for current day content on BRD but indeed it can be a pretty nice alternative to Ashera Harness in terms of DPS.

I also partially disagree with Maletaru. Ashera Harness had a massive difference for BRD, compared to other options available at the time, for Carn AM3 TP options.

For Savage Blade builds I noticed that Ashera Harness still comes ahead most of the time compared to godly augmented Chironic or R30 Nyame, but the the difference with the latter isn't "significantly worse".
There's a noticeable difference of course but it's not really that huge and I seem to recall in a couple of setups Nyame R30 actually came slightly ahead for Naegling builds.

Either way, both bodies are pretty good and I would say the best a BRD can use these days. Pick one or the other and you're gonna be fine if you ask me.
[+]
By Seun 2023-08-04 03:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
I would also argue that if people exist in the world of BiS, they aren't taking damage because they have proper buffs, tanks and healers doing their job, ect.

I disagree wholeheartedly. This thinking leads to a lot of assumptions that results in the same thing every time: DDs stop wearing DT in their TP sets. (No Thanks).

That's not my thinking. As I pointed out, my base set is already well saturated in DT. When you're an accessory swap away from capping and it's not enough, you either need to swap to a fully defensive set or you need to gtfo.

In cases where survival matters, both AH and AJ are outclassed by other options. When it doesn't matter, it really doesn't.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-08-04 05:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

this whole exchange just reads like cope for not having an ashera harness

i can see how AJv2 is a good next-best option, but the level of delusion required to try to justify giving up 7 dt, 30 m.eva(which can add damage), and 90 resist para over 20 attack is insane and i'd love to see the files of someone who actually has 12+ tp sets to justify making one with that jerkin
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-08-04 09:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no devs to track, can talk about tiddlywinks or pocket lint from clothes fresh out of the dryer
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2023-08-04 09:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

New rewards for the sunbreeze festival. Guess thats something.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/20711/20711_14.jpg
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-04 09:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

is Fujito ok? that's not purple
[+]
By Seun 2023-08-04 14:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
this whole exchange just reads like cope for not having an ashera harness

i can see how AJv2 is a good next-best option, but the level of delusion required to try to justify giving up 7 dt, 30 m.eva(which can add damage), and 90 resist para over 20 attack is insane and i'd love to see the files of someone who actually has 12+ tp sets to justify making one with that jerkin

It's really quite simple Thorny. I use Agony Jerkin to TP unless I'm doing content where I would take too much damage to sustain. In those cases, I use Nyame. I have an Ashera Harness, but I can't point to 30 MEVA like it's something meaningful when Nyame adds more than twice that, more evasion, defense, MDB, ect. ect.

My Ashera Harness sits on a mule because I prefer the inventory and AJ can be used by more jobs. That and I don't play RUN lately so I really don't have much use for it.
By Dodik 2023-08-04 15:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

There is already a purple version or I'm sure it would be. Literally a recolor of existing yukatas.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-08-04 15:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

My Ashera Harness sits on a mule because I prefer the inventory and AJ can be used by more jobs. That and I don't play RUN lately so I really don't have much use for it.

Ew

Your monthly sub... But Ewwwwwwwww
By Rips 2023-08-04 15:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Did you mean to say blupurle?
[+]
By Foxfire 2023-08-04 15:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

it's the same color as those red weapons from the NPCs who assist you in the final TVR fight

obviously
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-08-04 17:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
New rewards for the sunbreeze festival. Guess thats something.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/20711/20711_14.jpg

Phew... NOW i have a reason to pay next month fee.
By Seun 2023-08-04 17:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Ew

Your monthly sub... But Ewwwwwwwww

ewwwwwwww the steaming pile that Malignance left in the middle of this chest or ewwwwwwww the pile that Nyyame left on the back?

I feel like you've said your sub is for finishing Ody, I assume this would resonate.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-09 00:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

750 Files to change one thing in sortie and rotate ambu.
By warmech 2023-08-09 01:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

what was changed in sortie? i didnt see anything in the notes.
 Fenrir.Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-08-09 01:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

warmech said: »
what was changed in sortie? i didnt see anything in the notes.

They realized people were making progress so they recapped Gallimuffins at 100k again

I kid.
By Serjero 2023-08-09 01:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Changes to Sortie won't be implemented until at least September if we're lucky. But honestly probably October because it'll get delayed just to piss on the playerbase some more. Or they'll break something catastrophically in September and won't fix it till the next update, unless it benefits us then it'll be patched within 2 hours.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-08-09 07:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I will also bet on October for it to actually work.

Looks like 750 files was just Fujito finally remembering he needed to start doing his summer home work.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-08-09 19:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got an email about "An epilogue to the vr is coming" I thought we already got the epilogue
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-09 19:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

they just didnt change the subject line
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-08-09 19:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels bad.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2023-08-09 21:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

give me an epilogue to meeble burrows and finally add rolanberry
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-08-10 10:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

They meant Eulogy for the horse horse campaign.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-08-10 12:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bruno said: »
give me an epilogue to meeble burrows and finally add rolanberry

Is there a story there?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-08-10 16:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
I just got an email about "An epilogue to the vr is coming" I thought we already got the epilogue

I still remember a creative writing professor saying to me years ago that "epilogues are used by writers incapable of writing a succinct ending".

...I'd like to nominate post-credit scenes to this category.
By Pantafernando 2023-08-16 01:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you guys also had a ninja update right now?

I had one, kinda unexpected unless my client got bugged somehow.
First Page 2 3 ... 385 386 387 ... 448 449 450