Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 376 377 378 ... 448 449 450
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2023-05-04 21:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

People act like making an Aegis is some how a challenge and this cheapens it. I didn't know what to spend money on. So I made one just for the lock style on Warrior.

It isn't a big deal lol. I mean several REMA have been reskinned already.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-05-04 22:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing is a big deal anymore, what is your point? Should we make every single REMA a login point reskin? Or just unlock every single armor/weapon for lockstyle without owning it?

Do yall not see the logic behind your reasoning there? Where do you draw the line between what is somehow not worth caring about and what is? I would guess you don't give a ***about any item in the game and have a who gives a *** attitude about anything related to XI. That's fine, but lets not pretend that its a pretty big joke to take an iconic weapon/armor, that literally has lore behind it in the game, and give it to everyone at lv 1 with a smiley face on it.

Its not some huge deal but it just shows how little they care about things in all honesty.
By AegParm 2023-05-04 22:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This feels like manufactured rage soon to be settled out of court.
 Asura.Aquatiq
Server: Asura
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2023-05-04 23:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
I would not have decided that giving a rema skin for login points or whatever would be a good idea, come on. It cheapens the history of rema and whatever no matter how small effort that someone can say: "I worked for this".

Poor decision like always, who knows what the hell they are thinking.

terminally online take touch grass etc etc you've surely been told this before just reiterating
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2023-05-05 01:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Nothing is a big deal anymore, what is your point? Should we make every single REMA a login point reskin? Or just unlock every single armor/weapon for lockstyle without owning it?

Do yall not see the logic behind your reasoning there? Where do you draw the line between what is somehow not worth caring about and what is? I would guess you don't give a ***about any item in the game and have a who gives a *** attitude about anything related to XI. That's fine, but lets not pretend that its a pretty big joke to take an iconic weapon/armor, that literally has lore behind it in the game, and give it to everyone at lv 1 with a smiley face on it.

Its not some huge deal but it just shows how little they care about things in all honesty.
The way most people will see it is celebrating the look of that iconic item and wearing a reference to it. Just like anything else sharing a model or referencing a model of any other classic item. "Ahhh... classic Final Fantasy XI. Yess...."

The dev team has made so many choices that trivialized or made old content completely obsolete. The gear that a player can collect now makes most of the game a completely joke. We were on a nice stretch for many years and then they went full retard again.
[+]
By Seun 2023-05-05 03:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do you draw the line between what is somehow not worth caring about and what is?

I understand that you don't appreciate the humor, but they don't take it as seriously as some of us do. They kinda had to use the model to make the joke. No need to escalate blood pressure.
VIP
By Lili 2023-05-05 03:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a joke item. At a passing glance it might look the same, but then you do a double take and go like "wait a sec", then you do a triple take, notice the grimace, and burst out laughing, and want to know where it comes from.

It's a great joke and doesn't diminish any rema in any way whatsoever, except in the minds of those that need a reason to be outraged at a joke item. Joke items, I might add, the likes of which games such as Final Fantasy have always been full.

Carry on.
[+]
By Tarage 2023-05-05 04:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So datswap the shield to be a different shield. Problem solved.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-05-05 05:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nearly all the Relics have reskins already or models that very similar so what is the problem? The only ones that didn't were Aegis, Ghorn, Annihilator, Ragnarok and Gungnir.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-05-05 07:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do you draw the line between what is somehow not worth caring about and what is? ...

I made my Aegis a couple years ago when prices for 10000 pieces were sub 15 mil. It's pretty clear we passed the line for caring about Aegis' dignity a while back.

They make way more silly lvl 1 glam gear than they make real gear at this point. At least this one was good and made people laugh. I'd say that shows they care more than usual with this piece.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2023-05-05 07:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Filthy casuals.sacrilege.blasphemy. Kafirs. heathens
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-05-05 10:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

All this time on a lvl 1 shield could've been spent on adding Chemist, Time Mage, 5 expansions to the Sorth-Weast! Meeble lore, Pankration updates!
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-05-05 11:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

discussions like this are a wonderful constant reminder that none of us are making the shinies for their own quality, our own desire, or even our own gaming- we do them to lorde over others, and the moment our shiny isn't as shiny as the free one, the tangible benefits of quality and gaming importance go to ***because we don't look cooler than the other dude in Mhaura.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-05-05 11:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
discussions like this are a wonderful constant reminder that none of us are making the shinies for their own quality, our own desire, or even our own gaming- we do them to lorde over others, and the moment our shiny isn't as shiny as the free one, the tangible benefits of quality and gaming importance go to ***because we don't look cooler than the other dude in Mhaura.

This guy gets it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-05-05 11:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Moonja said: »
Maybe you and everyone else, but I only make things if I want to.

I understand that this is a video game and I use it for ENTERTAINMENT purposes.

It makes me laugh hard when I see people use the word “accomplishment” or “earned” here.

It’s a damn video game. If i want to accomplish or earn something, I’m going to go climb a mountain or do something real.

Just look at how often people make dumb guildwork threads. Oh no my points aren’t working!!! Who *** cares! You get literally NOTHING.

That is society here for ya. You all think it matters what other people think of you and you will sell out hard and fast for anything that gives you “recognition” or the look that you are better than someone else.

Many days I wish I was so ignorant like the majority of the human race.

Clout chasing is real and clout is a helluva drug.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Blazed1979 2023-05-05 11:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

it serves a purpose.
Breeding rights with the females and secksy times
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-05 11:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Moonja said: »
I wish it worked on me!

Be extremely happy it doesn't
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2023-05-05 11:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
it serves a purpose.

I posted on Bumble that I have Ukon V15. It didn’t make me any more popular with women.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2023-05-05 11:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf is bumble?
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-05-05 11:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
it serves a purpose.

I posted on Bumble that I have Ukon V15. It didn’t make me any more popular with women.

ladies know if it didn't involve Chloris you don't have the commitment for a mortgage.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-05-05 13:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

it serves a purpose.

ladies know if it didn't involve Chloris you don't have the commitment for a mortgage.
Thats cause ladies dont look at the big picture, they see beginning and end, what happens in the middle doesnt matter. It begins with Tahrongi and ends with boulders. Boulders is the same for both, which leaves Tahrongi. Chloris farming has a bit more effort than Glavoid, no doubt. However in the middle of that is Dragua vs Orthrus. The effort delta between Orthrus/Dragus and Glavoid/Chloris is not even close. A single-boxer can bang out 75 Dragua Scales in about 6 hours (presuming: not on asura and the area is open, 4 pops per hour from Haz-dragon, 4 extra pops per hour cleaving for gold box = 48 pops). Can you bang out 75 Claws in 6 hours?
By Blazed1979 2023-05-05 13:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
it serves a purpose.

Thats cause ladies dont look at the big picture, they see beginning and end, what happens in the middle doesnt matter. It begins with Tahrongi and ends with boulders. Boulders is the same for both, which leaves Tahrongi. Chloris farming has a bit more effort than Glavoid, no doubt. However in the middle of that is Dragua vs Orthrus. The effort delta between Orthrus/Dragus and Glavoid/Chloris is not even close. A single-boxer can bang out 75 Dragua Scales in about 6 hours (presuming: not on asura and the area is open, 4 pops per hour from Haz-dragon, 4 extra pops per hour cleaving for gold box = 48 pops). Can you bang out 75 Claws in 6 hours?
we did 450 dragua scales in 6 hours back in the day. I concur
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2023-05-05 15:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

How dare you?!. I do this for the sunk cost fallacy!
By Draylo 2023-05-05 19:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So weird, its like people are reading but they are making the words appear how they want.

-Nobody said its prestigious to have an Aegis, its easy to get like almost everything in the game currently.

-Nobody is making a call to action, nobody is saying we should storm SE headquarters and stop the making of this shield

I am honestly am surprised this many dummies come to post crap to stop someone from writing an opinion. I literally wrote "I dont like the idea behind this shield" to have a swath of people coming out the woodwork to say "WHO CARES" in 10 different ways.

It has nothing to do with prestige or "filthy casuals" getting a lv 1 version of a relic. Its the image and integrity of the game, in my point of view.

Ask yourself,

- is it ok they add every single REMA as a lv1 vanity item and devalue the item in image and standing?

- is it ok they allow people to lockstyle to literally anything they want without obtaining it?

If you said yes to those two things, you probably don't give a ***about the games longevity, lore or probably anything.

I don't get how this is a hard concept, nor do I understand how so many people are coming to say "who cares" repeatedly. If you don't care why in the world are you trying to change an opinion, and a small passing by comment like "I dont like the idea behind this, its funny but it could have been a different color"

These whole few pages are just insane. Its like people are running with one line of comment and creating this entire fantasy.

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Nearly all the Relics have reskins already or models that very similar so what is the problem? The only ones that didn't were Aegis, Ghorn, Annihilator, Ragnarok and Gungnir.

No thats not true and barely lv1 cosmetic items from login points.
By Draylo 2023-05-05 19:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
Where do you draw the line between what is somehow not worth caring about and what is?

I understand that you don't appreciate the humor, but they don't take it as seriously as some of us do. They kinda had to use the model to make the joke. No need to escalate blood pressure.

Not escalating blood pressure, I left one comment and came back to "WHO CARES" 50 times repeatedly, I'd say the people trying to force their opinion care more. I made no call to action, I simply left my opinion that its a stupid idea. I still think it is but you don't see me trying to force anyone elses opinion. The majority couldn't care less if SE gave REMA away in login points directly, I think theres a real "who gives a ***" attitude permeating. I can't say I blame them given how little SE themselves care.
By gistofanything 2023-05-05 19:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally think it's a fun take on an iconic shield that's been very present in the game for over 15 years. I'm looking forward to future additions sponsored by the new producer that incorporate more iconic items like this.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-05-05 21:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So weird, its like people are reading but they are making the words appear how they want.

-Nobody said its prestigious to have an Aegis, its easy to get like almost everything in the game currently.

-Nobody is making a call to action, nobody is saying we should storm SE headquarters and stop the making of this shield

I am honestly am surprised this many dummies come to post crap to stop someone from writing an opinion. I literally wrote "I dont like the idea behind this shield" to have a swath of people coming out the woodwork to say "WHO CARES" in 10 different ways.

It has nothing to do with prestige or "filthy casuals" getting a lv 1 version of a relic. Its the image and integrity of the game, in my point of view.

Ask yourself,

- is it ok they add every single REMA as a lv1 vanity item and devalue the item in image and standing?

- is it ok they allow people to lockstyle to literally anything they want without obtaining it?

If you said yes to those two things, you probably don't give a ***about the games longevity, lore or probably anything.

I don't get how this is a hard concept, nor do I understand how so many people are coming to say "who cares" repeatedly. If you don't care why in the world are you trying to change an opinion, and a small passing by comment like "I dont like the idea behind this, its funny but it could have been a different color"

These whole few pages are just insane. Its like people are running with one line of comment and creating this entire fantasy.

Odin.Creaucent said: »

No thats not true and barely lv1 cosmetic items from login points.

That is true.

Apoc = Death Scythe and Enforcer.
Bravura = Any Bhuj there are many!
Mandau = Thief's Knife and Gusterion.
Excalibur = Hauteclaire
Guttler = Orcish Axe types.
Mjollnir = Most hammers.
Claustrum = Signet Staves etc.
Amano = GKs that you need to make it.
Spharai = Plenty of H2H including Karambit
Kikoku = Plenty of low level Katana with the same model just different colour.
Yoichi = Pretty sure the tenzen HTBF bow is the same model.

A lie is it?
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-05-05 21:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

it serves a purpose.

This is why i read this thread
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 376 377 378 ... 448 449 450