Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-04-07 17:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Taint said: »
Says the crowd of people that spend 180 hours for 1 STR in the past.

Getting that last Master Level takes a lot longer than that.

49 to 50?

You're looking at 37 hrs straight with a full party (Cor GEo Brd DD DD you) with an outside healer healing with a brd giving him ballad.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2023-04-07 17:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Getting that last Master Level takes a lot longer than that.

49 to 50?

You're looking at 37 hrs straight with a full party (Cor GEo Brd DD DD you) with an outside healer healing with a brd giving him ballad.

That's massively exaggerating it. 49~50 is 3,354,601 EP. A decent party with NO "outside healer" crap will get 130K/hr easily, rendering the time as only 25~26 hrs. An thrown together party can be doing ~100K/hr for 33~34hrs, and an optimized super party will be cooking at 150~200K+ depending on camp for 16~23hrs. You really become monster limited in many of the camps when tuning that high and gears or promy are the only places with virtually unlimited mobs.

The reason you think it's 37hrs is that RMT botters use the least possible gear / support they can get away with to maximize the number of buyer slots resorting in a 50~70K/hr speed.
[+]
By Torzak 2023-04-07 18:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The groups I put together were making 250k to 330k an hour.
By Hopalong 2023-04-07 20:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That's some good leader stuff there Torzak. Sounds like professional fun.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-04-07 22:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

RMT hates me on Bismarck with a passion to the point I think Im blacklisted at character creation, I just love eyeballing ***, I was really close too, but could you imagine staying up for 37 hours tho lmao - that would insane.
By Dodik 2023-04-08 06:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely some Asura problems over here if you're expecting 200k an hour groups.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-08 08:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely some Asura problems over here if you're expecting 200k an hour groups.

I would assume more the opposite. Thinking you could find a camp with no bots to support enough mobs to do that would be uniquely un-asuran.
By Torzak 2023-04-08 08:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if I'd call it professional. Everyone I brought along was recruited by yell. There wasn't a whole lot of being picky either.. as long as you had the jobs I asked for. I killed the bots in the camp I wanted before even starting the recruiting process.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Meeble 2023-04-08 13:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble said: »
<...>
There are def. some players who would still do it, but grinding 180+ hours of Sortie just to unlock some cosmetic challenge mode fights isn't going to be most people's cup of tea.

If you could only gain EP for an hour each day there'd be far fewer ML50 players running around.

On that note, it'd be nice if they dramatically buffed or scaled EP gain during sortie. If ~20 or so runs could take a job from 45-50 it would have a lot more value for time spent, and likely cut down on the demand for merc EP.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-08 13:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't want to disincentivize mercs.
By Dodik 2023-04-08 14:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you could only gain EP for an hour each day there'd be far fewer ML50 players running around.

That's some original FFXIV stuff there - that was real popular.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-04-08 15:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that would be dumb. I'd rather they just attach a large EP bonus to the end of Odyssea Sheol or Sortie.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-04-08 19:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I don't know if I'd call it professional.

By professional I mean you set it up right, then everyone pitched in, did their jobs together and got their payoffs!
By Seun 2023-04-08 21:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultimately fatigue was dropped for time gates. It's quick, it's easy and it keeps players logging in daily so it's good for metrics too. Besides, how do you answer the question "How many points per week is reasonable?" when players are talking about 37 hour binges for 1 STR...
[+]
By Minaras84 2023-04-09 23:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
Minaras84 said: »
You all are assuming prime weapons will be usable in every content even tho they said they had to create the new content in order for the weapons to have sense.
I smell something similar to the early stage of the relics, when you would get the ws only in Dynamis.

I could be wrong, but I thought the devs said that the new master trial would be a good place to showcase prime weapons? I guess the master trial could be locked behind the 'battle-content' but it sounded like they could be used anywhere.

Oh yeah, im not saying we wont be able to use them outside the new content, but i think they'll "shine" in the new one.
After all, one single weapon shouldnt be able to beat all previous REMA
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-04-10 06:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol Delve Weapons did.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-04-10 09:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So... after 20 years people are still expecting "unique" or "special" stuff from ultimate weapons? They will have WS's attached that are modified versions of the existing relic WS's with as yet undetermined power. There won't be anything special or unique, just stat blocks and SC properties.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-04-10 09:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You probably can't use any of those stats in your offhand!
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2023-04-10 10:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming souped up Uriel Blade!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kengo
Server: Cerberus
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2023-04-10 23:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You all are assuming prime weapons will be usable in every content even tho they said they had to create the new content in order for the weapons to have sense.
I smell something similar to the early stage of the relics, when you would get the ws only in Dynamis.

Fujito said:
After "Embryo" is completed, we will be able to enhance prime weapons, but even if we go to the trouble of creating them, they will be meaningless if there is no place to use them. On the other hand, we don't want new content that tests the power of prime weapons to be mandatory for future play, so we are planning several new master trials.

Pretty clear primes aren't exclusively for master trials, but new master trials may require prime power. What's unclear is whether that'll be some content-specific mechanic, or if finished primes are just intended to be more powerful than any current options.

There are def. some players who would still do it, but grinding 180+ hours of Sortie just to unlock some cosmetic challenge mode fights isn't going to be most people's cup of tea.

1 STR is serious business.
[+]
By Seun 2023-04-11 02:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »

I could be wrong, but I thought the devs said that the new master trial would be a good place to showcase prime weapons? I guess the master trial could be locked behind the 'battle-content' but it sounded like they could be used anywhere.

Oh yeah, im not saying we wont be able to use them outside the new content, but i think they'll "shine" in the new one.
After all, one single weapon shouldnt be able to beat all previous REMA

That's what I thought you were saying. If they do have some sort of additional stats inside of master trials, then it kinda makes his point about not making the weapons 'mandatory for future content' seem out of place. Who doesn't want to 'shine' in the new master trials?

It's all speculation until the weapons finally come out and w all get blown up. I don't like to set expectations, but the way they seem to feel that new master trials are needed to 'test' these prime weapons makes me think they will be very powerful (on par or better with RMEA counterparts). If they are, the additional bonuses would push them closer to being mandatory.
By Dodik 2023-04-11 10:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's likely they will outright replace the original relic weapons.

They've had a good run.
 Asura.Zacheus
user: Zacheus
By Asura.Zacheus 2023-04-11 11:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Think there’s any likelihood of new models? These reskins look so bad
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-11 11:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zacheus said: »
Think there’s any likelihood of new models? These reskins look so bad

Assuredly not. They might get glossier, but the models are set.
(And purple glow)
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2023-04-11 11:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If they're going to do anything they'll add some low bit vfx on them and call it a day.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2023-04-12 08:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Gungnir II, Shock Spikes electric bugaloo.
[+]
By gargurty 2023-04-12 09:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

yup prob a dd weapon without any usefull addidions or abilities on it.
First Page 2 3 ... 372 373 374 ... 448 449 450