Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 320 321 322 ... 448 449 450
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-07 17:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Making the exp come (more) from grinding outside an event doubles your playtime.

You grind an hour and you sortie an hour. If you got more exemplar from sortie, you would play less. It's that simple. It's not they see it as different events, they're just maximizing your chemistry. They are min/maxing you.
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2022-09-07 17:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
And give us a KI that doubles amount of EP received, I dunno, from TVR missions?

I feel like this is exactly what's going to happen... eventually
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-09-07 18:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
they're just maximizing your chemistry. They are min/maxing you.

Oh make me feel like a dirty ***. /moan
[+]
 Asura.Shua
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2022-09-07 20:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Making the exp come (more) from grinding outside an event doubles your playtime.

You grind an hour and you sortie an hour. If you got more exemplar from sortie, you would play less. It's that simple. It's not they see it as different events, they're just maximizing your chemistry. They are min/maxing you.

Nothing of sustenance to add here but, I think this is the first time I have ever seen you without your capped gil Avatar. Damn rough times even for Vana'Diel~ ._.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-07 20:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I was TRYING to change it to an SE logo to like Belkins post for giggles, but its proving to be SUCH A MOTHER *** IRRITATION FOR A SMALL LAUGH
[+]
By Torzak 2022-09-07 21:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think the ML Grind is hard enough. I got to ML40 within a week of the update, was out of town the weekend the update hit, had to work a full work week through that week. And I was only even online like half of that week.

And I didn't bot since I hate bots - I've gone out of my way to kill bots. Lots of screen shots of that. SE if you're reading, ban the bots. I'm tired of them. You're worse than the bots for not having dealt with them, already.

People paying for CP/ML are lazy or rich or some combination of the two. Why are you even playing this game if you want someone else to bot it for you?

What they need to do, is increase some of the physical AoE WS's to do 25k+ dmg with max gear/max physical damage buffs - make them more comparable to Edge. Circle Blade shouldn't be the AoE no one uses except for that one Ambuscade that basically required it.

I think some of y'all cry around too much about exp grinds.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-07 22:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Torzak said: »
People paying for CP/ML are lazy or rich or some combination of the two. Why are you even playing this game if you want someone else to bot it for you?

This comment is so *** incredibly stupid. I'd much rather play with my son and spend time with my famjam than grind ML, sorry. The bots allow me to get dem gains overnight, so when I do get a couple hours in the evening to play, I can do LS events. It has NOTHING to do with being *** lazy, get over yourself. The bots aren't hurting you, let the people that can optimize their gameplay do it.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-09-07 22:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think the ML Grind is hard enough. I got to ML40 within a week of the update, was out of town the weekend the update hit, had to work a full work week through that week. And I was only even online like half of that week.
That's great. To be clear half the week so 84 hours to get ML40?
By Torzak 2022-09-07 22:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
To be clear half the week so 84 hours to get ML40?

F' no. Not even half that.

Edit:

To be clear, you suck at math. There's only 168 hours in a week. I was at work 5 days out of the week, was out of town the weekend it hit, and I do sleep.
By Torzak 2022-09-07 22:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
This comment is so *** incredibly stupid. I'd much rather play with my son and spend time with my famjam than grind ML, sorry.

Then play with your son. The game will still be there.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-07 23:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Then play with your son. The game will still be there.

And so will the bots. I guess your lucrative dark matter scheme isn't paying the bills to fling money at them like I can. It's aight.
By Torzak 2022-09-07 23:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lucrative, I just bought a few stacks so I could use some and sold some as singles to make a few gil back lol. Goofy *** attempt of a come back, though?

Edit: You're not pissed that you got undercut or something, are you?
By Draylo 2022-09-07 23:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The general player mindset has changed since the old days and most are older with stable careers and etc. Well, SE keeps trying to cater to that 75 cap crowd with these types of content in the form of ML... but those people are long gone and wont return. I think they should plan these things out better. 30-40 is a huge grind for any person.. cant imagine once we go past that. To lose 15k per HP kinda sucks too lol
[+]
By AegParm 2022-09-07 23:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I like where this is going!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-07 23:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Well, SE keeps trying to cater to that 75 cap crowd with these types of content in the form of ML... but those people are long gone and wont return

I don't know about that, If that crowd was gone, SE wouldn't cater to them at all. They are still around, people just aren't as brazen with it anymore.
VIP
By Lili 2022-09-08 01:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What they need to do, is increase some of the physical AoE WS's to do 25k+ dmg with max gear/max physical damage buffs - make them more comparable to Edge.

With all the modern PDL gear Fell Cleave can get well into the 20k dmg range, Sonic Thrust way above that, and nobody uses those in CN because you pull hate on the second ws and die immediately. The reason Aeolian Edge cleave is so effective is not because of the damage it deals (Cataclysm is a good 30% stronger at lower TP), it's because magical ws pull so little hate in the first place, keeping you alive.
By Draylo 2022-09-08 03:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

New cowbow hat from the buffalo event

[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-09-08 06:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Freshly Picked broadcast

Ambuscade
September
V1 is a dahallan and alicorn
V2 is hydra

Making adjustments in difficulty as they have before, such as lowering number of enfeebles needed to trigger the alicorns grace move. Also adding cumulative resistance during the Dullahan's Blood Weapon ability.

October
V1 is medusa
V2 is under development

TVR

Screenshot of new area, unsure if it is actually a zone like the library, we are able to access during the missions

Prime Weapons

Created by progressing in TVR chapter 9

Requires 10,000 Galimaufry to craft - probably only base weapona

16 types of weapons, including instruments and shields

Needed to progress in tvr in the future

Sortie adjustments

They are removing the automatic entry system. If it's on now, it'll be turned off after the update automatically

Changing the system to be like ambuscade, where you get a short time to enter and it is forfeit if you wait too long. It may take time to try again.

Compensation for those who lose emp+2 mats before they fixed it

Speak to the gob to get 10k galimaufry and a Sapphire before Oct update. Chars need to be created for 45 days.

Empyrean +3 seems to be coming in October already!

Upgrade requirements

A new area will be added to sortie.

To unlock a jobs upgrade to +3, you must reach the new area, it is not immediately accessible after entering

Entry conditions are the same as they are now

I didn't hear any specifics regarding materials or galli needed

Other updates

Mog slip 29 being added in Sept, all emp +2 storable

Locus mobs

Changing crawlers s nest for apex and locus to coexist in the same area

Increasing Exemplar Points from mobs

Adding Locus mobs to KRT.

They are removing grounds of Valor pages 6-8, so the mobs will be placed where those used to be

Edit: I looked up the Grounds of Valor pages 6-8 monsters. They encompass the entire Map 2 area, so this is where the Locus monsters will be added. Inb4 killing Vrtra to keep that EXP chain.

Fixed bug where morbol apron could not be equipped

Events

Shadow Lord event reminder

Login campaign discussion now with Karen jeans

Adventurer Campaign discussion

Buffalo event, hat in it Draylo linked to above this post

New Synthesis recipe for food

Stats on food is Enmity-5, Double Attack +5%, Weapons Skill Damage+5%

Blazing Buffalo screenshot campaign starting 9-16

Theme seems to require both the pants and hat

Silly lockstyle with the new pants and hat

Halloween event starts 10-24
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-08 07:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

We're not getting real stats for a long time.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-09-08 07:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Also interesting (and potentially setting up for mega disappointment) that it says you *need* one to progress in VR. If they get released without stats, it'll really suck if you dart threw a terrible one.

I'm just hoping there is at least some sort of glimpse of what they will become in their final state so we can make a better informed decision about which one we need to take.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-08 07:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make multiple as you go through VR if you're worried about that. It's only going to be the optional post-VR steps thst are going to be hard.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-08 07:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Did not expect them to release +3 so soon. That's a good development. I wonder if the new area in Sortie will open up after completing x amount of objectives, and killing # of bosses, then [Pluoton] area opens up somewhere like walls in Delve.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-09-08 07:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Did not expect them to release +3 so soon. That's a good development. I wonder if the new area in Sortie will open up after completing x amount of objectives, and killing # of bosses, then [Pluoton] area opens up somewhere like walls in Delve.

This is my guess. Either the middle elevators, or the opposite side of the entrance has a weird green blockage on the hole.

Edit - I think this is also the area with no map, which makes a lot of sense if this is the area to be added onto.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-08 07:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
the middle elevators

(I'm being speculative) I was also thinking this area with the glowing doors. Seems like an easy spot to put the boss after you've completed key objectives from certain sectors. The same doors-opening-when-NMs-are-killed happens in Vagary, so easy thing to implement. Takes you to Map 2. Might mean groups have to forgo full-clear strats and instead just do the needful to unlock new area, and head to boss. I assume it will drop new mats for crafting +3 as well, maybe personal drops also. I'm glad they didn't drag this out for months, so people can upgrade asap.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-09-08 07:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah this is actually a really fast turn around time compared to the last several years.

10k muffins is nothing. I'm already 5/5 on 2 jobs and 3/5 on another. Even if you did all 16 weapons, that's just 3 jobs 5/5 and 1 more.

Not surprising, there are 16 Relic weapons and there are going to be 16 Prime weapons which will 100% be palette swaps. Lets just hope they are at least a little inclusive and worth making so we want to make a lot of them.
By SimonSes 2022-09-08 07:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Also interesting (and potentially setting up for mega disappointment) that it says you *need* one to progress in VR. If they get released without stats, it'll really suck if you dart threw a terrible one.

I'm just hoping there is at least some sort of glimpse of what they will become in their final state so we can make a better informed decision about which one we need to take.

The only thing that I hope to know from those base weapons is what job will get what and if some will get more than one (like Relics). I don't expect to get any more info than that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-08 08:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I expect the simplest approach from their end, just copying the Relic jobs and attaching the Jobs that weren't on the originals (DNC on dagger, BLU on Sword, PUP on H2H, COR on Gun). I imagine some jobs would have to have more than one, otherwise, Instrument/Shield won't be able to use unique WS attached to weapon, so both PLD + BRD are the odd men out.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-09-08 08:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Stats on food is Enmity-5, Double Attack +5%, Weapons Skill Damage+5%

Interesting food. Good if you're capped on attack. Otherwise something like red curry buns would be better. Nice to have the option.
First Page 2 3 ... 320 321 322 ... 448 449 450