Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-01 16:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ocean said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
If you were dual wielding Raetics and got both a Raetic proc and a triple attack on both hands, that would be 8 attacks that round.

Nah. Multi-attacks can only proc on the off hand
Citation? That makes no sense.
 Asura.Kapoku
user: Kohh
By Asura.Kapoku 2018-01-01 17:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zanosan said: »
With Tizona I was running out of mana after about two minutes of fighting. In any zerg shorter than that, It's a pretty insane weapon. Blows other offhands out of the water in terms of dps and mostly synergizes well with Tizona, not necessarily because of the mp, but because of how quickly you can build AM3 and your frequency of weaponskills afterwards. This was with +1 by the way. In a somewhat brief and lax session of Neak spam, it was possible to hit around 4.5k dps with the weapon (without capped attack, we were lazy and more interested in the general idea of the weapon and had two Tizona/Raetic+1 users as our DDs).

Under more optimal conditions and a zerg, I think that with this sword set up, BLU can start contending with other job options. However, it's still far from a MS WAR hitting 8k~? dps. All that said, I think Raetic+1 is definitely BLU's best offhand, by far, in a zerg situation, but don't ever expect to cast a spell again if you use it full time in common circumstances.

ah thanks for the response! I like Tizona's utility and ability to maintain mp for solo purposes. With what you said... I may just stick to almace/sequence and use war for zerg purposes!
By ocean 2018-01-01 17:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were dual wielding Raetics and got both a Raetic proc and a triple attack on both hands, that would be 8 attacks that round.

Apologies. misspoke. multi-attack procs on a weapon skill can only proc on the off hand.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-01 17:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if that's true (which I've never heard), how is that relevant to my point? >.> We weren't talking about Weaponskills.

Also, the BG Wiki page on Double Attack explicitly says it can proc on both weapons.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-01 17:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies. misspoke. multi-attack procs on a weapon skill can only proc on the off hand.
Explain AM3 procs on ws
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-01-01 20:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

In regard to Tizona + Raetic. How does the NQ Sword fare? I’m intrigued by the HQ but not sure about the price. What’s the practical difference between the two?
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2018-01-01 20:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Also entirely untrue.. lol
[+]
By ocean 2018-01-01 23:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cair said: »

Nevermind. I'm facts I don't like!!
By ocean 2018-01-01 23:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry Afania for the derail.

I typed one thing and thought something entirely different, added incorrectly, then miss spoke. Apologies!

When I said "SEXTUPLE?!" I was thinking CDC[3]+triple proc[2]+raetic proc[1]+raetic proc[1]. Not only was my math incorrect but Raetic can't proc on WS anyway... As for the off hand comment, what I meant was that if a multi attack procs the damage calculation is done on the off hand, which has nothing to do with my post or Geriond's.

facts I don't like!! Please disregard my previous posts:]
[+]
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2018-01-02 01:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry Afania for the derail.

I typed one thing and thought something entirely different, added incorrectly, then miss spoke. Apologies!

When I said "SEXTUPLE?!" I was thinking CDC[3]+triple proc[2]+raetic proc[1]+raetic proc[1]. Not only was my math incorrect but Raetic can't proc on WS anyway... As for the off hand comment, what I meant was that if a multi attack procs the damage calculation is done on the off hand, which has nothing to do with my post or Geriond's.

facts I don't like!! Please disregard my previous posts:]

Just another time you were wrong :P <3 its going on the list
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-02 09:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bought a Raetic scythe to test out entropy spam on WAR. INT modifier and the ws itself is pretty garbage, but is there any way to make this WS competitive? Perhaps Ody int set? I tried a few ws on an apex with a throwtogether set, and could not get it to hit beyond 9k on war. Definitely not keeping up with GS, but just asking since its infinite MP pool for Raetic.

Still going to keep it for DRK for cross reapers/entropy MP restoral, so it's not a waste totally. I needed a good scythe anyways.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-02 10:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Entropy is pretty crap for damage; scythe pretty much needs Cross Reaper (or Insurgency with Liberator equipped) to even hit "okay".
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-01-02 14:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It works out if you are 5 stepping things on DRK.

It's not that great for Warrior. You can do Entropy->Spiral Hell for darkness but the damage is weak even with warcry and DA bonuses.

Cross Reaper->Insurgency->Entropy->Cross Reaper->Quietus ends with double darkness.

Also for other things you can just spam Cross Reaper while occasionally throwing out an Entropy.

Is it better than GS on DRK? Maybe for Skillchaining Apex and stuff, for raw damage great sword is better. Ragnaroks delay/tp return was pretty annoying to deal with for self SC on DRK. Especially with Scourge or Torcleaver being a single hit WS.

But it is a fun option when you actually want to use Scythe.

Honestly for Apex on WAR, use a Raetic Algol/Chopper/Blade/Axe with an Ethereal earring and plan on tanking. Keeping MP up wont be a huge issue. Also you'll probably have Retaliation up anyways. Take advantage of it.

Outside of Reisenjima I'm only getting a 15% proc rate with an MP pool of 300ish. With Ethereal earring its easy to keep the proc rate around 10%-ish
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-02 14:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

i picked static earring. blah bleh bluh....
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-01-03 17:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
In regard to Tizona + Raetic. How does the NQ Sword fare? I’m intrigued by the HQ but not sure about the price. What’s the practical difference between the two?

Bump lol
 Asura.Zanosan
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2018-01-03 18:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

In regard to Tizona + Raetic. How does the NQ Sword fare?

Slightly worse.

What’s the practical difference between the two?

A little less damage.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-01-03 19:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhh so the HQ would be nice but definitely not worth 100m? (Asura)

Thank you for the information. Like I said, I’m intrigued just not crazy about dropping a large chunk of Gil for it lol
By anik 2018-01-03 19:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

He is right, a multi attack from the offhand during a weaponskill can only happen from the off hand. I don't see any problem.
 Asura.Zanosan
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2018-01-03 22:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

anik said: »

He is right, a multi attack from the offhand during a weaponskill can only happen from the off hand. I don't see any problem.

Pulling from Cair's bag of tricks and seeing if bold helps reading comprehension.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-05 13:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ever tested to see if the Raetic Staff's additional MP expenditure is covered by Spaekona body, or if it only restores up to the normal cost?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-01-05 13:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ever tested to see if the Raetic Staff's additional MP expenditure is covered by Spaekona body, or if it only restores up to the normal cost?
I keep meaning to test that so I'll go do that now.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-01-05 13:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I also wonder if the MAB+50 is extra over the base 28 (i.e. 78 total for 30% more MP) or the total value as it usually happens for latent effects. It has tons of magic accuracy compared to lathi or well-augmented grio and could be an interesting option with enough refresh/aspirs (escha/Dyna-D). The lack of any INT compared to lathi/grio may really hurt tho so I don't expect it to be amazing in term of damage but definitely curious
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-01-05 13:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't test the NQ version, but Raetic Staff +1 is slightly stronger than a Lathi Path A for high-tier nukes, but noticeably stronger for low-tier nukes. Even with the best nuking gear out there, I still run out of MP when I free nuke buffless for Omen or Dynamis. This only becomes an issue when there are no aspirable mobs around.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-01-05 13:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Tested and the body does negate the staff's +30%
By zaxtiss 2018-02-01 14:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

hey everyone,

i does the STP + on a HQ weapon only proc when the extra hit procs?
By Nyarlko 2018-02-01 18:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Tested and the body does negate the staff's +30%

Is the extra mp cost+30% reflected in TP gained from Occult Acumen?

How do the bracers interact with Mana Wall? Is it like dividing by zero? o_o;;

Wouldn't it be kinda fun to dual-wield club+1 for uber cure1s? XD I'm assuming the "Cure+50" adds straight to end result.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-02-07 10:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

does a raetic +1 get the full effect while offhand?
[+]
 Valefor.Madranta
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2018-02-21 04:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's another small collection of Strange Apparatus trades in case anyone else finds these useful. Thanks to those that have posted them before.

Dangruf Wadi, Watersday, Doctor status unlocked, 15 trades.
Rune Algol x1
Rune Baghnakhs x2
6 Rune Arrows x3
Arcane Flowerpot x1
8 Cermet Chunks x6
2 Adaman Nuggets x2
By Smacks 2018-02-21 05:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

is the 30% cost MP of raetic staff+1 is 100% proc ? If yes, i suppose the Mac/Macc boost is 100% too ?

So Raetic Staff +1 > Lathi in all situations but Manavore

What about Raetic Staff +1 Vs Laeveteinn AG (with max AM2) ?
By hobo 2018-02-21 09:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Madranta said: »
Here's another small collection of Strange Apparatus trades in case anyone else finds these useful. Thanks to those that have posted them before.

Dangruf Wadi, Watersday, Doctor status unlocked, 15 trades.
Rune Algol x1
Rune Baghnakhs x2
6 Rune Arrows x3
Arcane Flowerpot x1
8 Cermet Chunks x6
2 Adaman Nuggets x2

15 trades must be nice, took me 60 to get a 2nd algol after the first one broke