Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Escutcheons final stage
Escutcheons final stage
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 19 20 21
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-03-15 15:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The good thing is they stack, if you can pick a camp with multiple dropping mobs and make a circuit so u can roam without much thinking, it can be a good alternative camp to palborough.

Dont think these camps will beat palborough tho but if pal is crowded or you cant kick the competition, these camps offer a respectable alternative.

That being said, i think these camps are going to be bot friendly because these cards stack to 99 so they can just put a bot + trusts do a path and forget about em for the last 100 hours lol.
 Asura.Solymr
Server: Asura
user: Barber
By Asura.Solymr 2018-03-17 01:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just messed around for 90 minutes in inner raz. umbrils and blm/drk/brd/rng mobs on rotation. Just killing them every 23 seconds when blood pact was up with no thf at all. 10 cards. Round down and call it 200 kills so 5% without any thf. Not that you want to farm up 20k of these without using thf but I was JPing smn tonight while watching basketball and figured why not.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-17 01:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Broken pic/link

*edit damn he's fast lol

These gates 2 camps are (currently) ideal for bots. No one goes there (except bots) and stacking just screams "bot them it's ok"
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-03-17 01:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

where do you upload to? imgur apparently is not my fren
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-17 01:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I use tinypic
 Asura.Verbannt
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-03-17 01:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Has anyone seen more than one in a loot pool at a time?

Was wondering if the drop it similar to Beastman/Kindred Seals, in which you can only have one per party in the loot pool at a time. So if you have three parties in an alliance, you can have up to 3 in the loot pool, versus only having one for a single pary.

Okay for real this time
 Asura.Verbannt
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-03-17 01:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I got about 55~60 cards taking my mule from lvl 61 to 99. And from what I noticed they produced results similar to the normal items being desynth'd.
By dnoons 2018-03-17 03:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Based on information given, I am pretty sure I figured out the desynth pattern:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category_talk:Escutcheons#Desynth

Please help with verification tags. Need more info on type of crystals for each card too.

Updated Sih, Cirdas, Doh, Woh, and Inner with my findings.
Killed each mob at least 30 times before marking it with none[!].

Does anyone have anything better than (cheaper or faster):
Det > Scis > Liq > Imp > Grav > Dist > Dark = 45 spirit - 56,600 gil
Imp > Liq > Scis > Liq > Imp > Frag > Light = 42 spirit - 57,200 gil
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-17 03:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyngbakrs drop water cards, even though it's marked with a "!" none

Also; Moghancement desynth vs Moghancement lightning/wind

Which do you use, 1~2% from desynth isn't overly impressive

rusk or macaroon

So much for that idea lol. There are already thousands of spheres in bazaars in port.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-03-17 05:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Lyngbakrs drop water cards, even though it's marked with a "!" none

Also; Moghancement desynth vs Moghancement lightning/wind

Which do you use, 1~2% from desynth isn't overly impressive

rusk or macaroon

So much for that idea lol. There are already thousands of spheres in bazaars in port.

I used mog lightning and rusk.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-03-17 10:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category_talk:Escutcheons#Desynth

All card synths are figured out, except which crystal is used for Earth cards.
By Excellia 2018-03-17 12:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Wind crystals are for earth cards
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-03-20 10:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

How are you guys handling breaks on the synthchains? They seem to be pretty common. Im using some of the chains recommended throughout this thread.

Thanks in advance!
By Pankas 2018-03-20 17:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

in my experience, i just repeat the step , and keep the chain. Not sure, but seems you have plenty of time for to keep the chain going, at least 5 step one.
 Bahamut.Neb
Server: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2018-03-29 12:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Not Sure where to ask but any way to get the craft addon to work with the new Cards I have tried and cant seem to figure it out it wont recognize the new cards it keeps looking for the COR Versions?
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-03-29 12:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's possible. The current version uses string names to store the items. This format was selected to be human readable, but it has the downside of not working if item names ever overlap. The following changes are required.

• Update the recipes generator to generate data using item IDs instead of strings (this was on the radar to do for other reasons)

• Update the recipes generator to work with the new format for bg-wiki (the format for the table containing escutcheons has changed)

• Update the addon to use the revised recipe list

Another way would be to hack it for now. Add the recipes manually without fixing the generator (not unreasonable since there are only 8 of them) and add exception to craft.lua for the card ingredients.

I would like to eventually do it the 'right way', but my time is fairly limited these days.
 Bahamut.Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2018-03-29 13:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive added the recipies how would I go about hacking the Craft.lua lol

Edit
Just add them under the Local Exceptions?
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-03-29 13:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, just add them there. Max sure you use the correct item id. I forgot this hack was already added.
 Bahamut.Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2018-03-29 13:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG you are a saint Snaps ty it worked

Now only if someone would make a lua to do the damn Synthchains LOL
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-03-29 13:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So once you are done with the shield, is it possible to withdraw the leftover spheres? Would be a shame to lose whatever light/darkness sphere I have left.
 Bahamut.Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2018-03-29 13:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
So once you are done with the shield, is it possible to withdraw the leftover spheres? Would be a shame to lose whatever light/darkness sphere I have left.
yes just check Materials Stored and click on the sphere it will allow you to take them out
By Nyarlko 2018-03-29 16:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Neb said: »
yes just check Materials Stored and click on the sphere it will allow you to take them out

Here's an odd one. Are you able to continue making new spheres after the shield is done?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-03-29 16:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »

Here's an odd one. Are you able to continue making new spheres after the shield is done?
Yes, you dont loose the KI to desynth the spheres.

Next question before you ask, no the enchantment does not work on desynthing the spheres
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-03-31 01:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Been seeing a handful of JP popping kitron macaron to infuse spirit, does it work to reduce breaks?
By Nyarlko 2018-03-31 21:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Nyarlko said: »

Yes, you dont loose the KI to desynth the spheres.

Next question before you ask, no the enchantment does not work on desynthing the spheres

Good catch. lol I take it that you mean that you can still get NQ results with the enchantment active? That would actually confirm that either the shields do not work on desynths in general, or that the sphere recipes are kinda like non-elemental things and have no specific crafts attached to them, so craft-specific bonuses like the enchantment simply don't apply (which is what I was expecting actually.) I don't know if any of that was previously answered/documented. :x
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-03-31 21:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any proof that food/rings actually work on desynths?
 Odin.Cdgreg
Server: Odin
user: cdgreg
By Odin.Cdgreg 2018-04-23 20:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

RE: Stage 4 - I have a number of jobs with 0 job points, that I would really like to master (RDM, BLM, THF, BST). I'm in no real rush to finish the shield since I'm completing it as a personal challenge and I make enough gil from events and whatnot. Has anyone taken the route of farming the CP level mobs in Sih, Moh, Dho, Woh Gates for cards as the primary source of spheres? I'm wondering if I can load up a pt of trusts, "solo" job points and then later in town mass desynth. If this hybrid cp / sphere farm option is anything anyone has found success with, is there a preferred zone or path? Thank you!
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-04-23 20:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Cdgreg said: »
RE: Stage 4 - I have a number of jobs with 0 job points, that I would really like to master (RDM, BLM, THF, BST). I'm in no real rush to finish the shield since I'm completing it as a personal challenge and I make enough gil from events and whatnot. Has anyone taken the route of farming the CP level mobs in Sih, Moh, Dho, Woh Gates for cards as the primary source of spheres? I'm wondering if I can load up a pt of trusts, "solo" job points and then later in town mass desynth. If this hybrid cp / sphere farm option is anything anyone has found success with, is there a preferred zone or path? Thank you!

I found that card farming is only viable if you are not there for cards. If you there for soloing CP, cards are an added bonus. You get many more spheres by sticking to the old areas.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-23 20:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The mobs are easy enough to kill with trusts in a reasonable time. Easy enough to keep your chain going etc.

In an entire 12 hour "farm" I got under 300 cards, which turns into like 100 spheres.

The zones themselves are kinda like abyssea. One spot with a group of "mob" relatively open, with maybe 20 of "said mob" in the space.

No real "preferred" spot, base it on "if using piercing job, pick piercing weak enemies" etc. and/or base on the elements you want.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 19 20 21