users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Remember Baby Brianna,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Remember Baby Brianna,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 Carbuncle.Contessalynn
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Contessalynn 2009-10-14 22:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wanted to clarify and point out to people that it was this case that changed the laws in New Mexico. It took three long years, but the district attorney assigned to the case created Brianna's law, which now states that anyone abusing a child resulting in death will get an automatic life sentence. It also states that anyone who knows about the abuse and doesn't report will get a minimum of 1 year in jail.

The two men involved in the case were moved to a different jail in Oregon "for their protection" according to information released. The mother is still here in New Mexico and is actually going to serve a 27 year sentence as far as I know. The orginal trial and sentencing was thrown out because at first they were tried as a group, and the mother claimed she wanted to be tried seperately and actually won that. I think the father and uncle will also be serving longer sentences although not as much as they deserve.

I used to try and stay current on the case, but it's just to hard for me. Thinking of baby Brianna makes me cry. The family still has a cage on her gravestone, not allowing anyone to pay her any respect. Even in death she cannot find peace.

I saw a story yesterday about a 15 month old, the same age as my daughter, tortured for months, people knew what was happening, his real father tried to take him away, and they just kept giving him back to his mom. His stepfather finally killed him. It's such a harsh reality. It's so incredibly heartbreaking, but it needs to be said, it can't be ignorned because it's important for all of us who truly care to try and do something to help others less fortunate.

T
 Asura.Hit
Server: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2009-10-15 00:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched the video, and I've got to say that I'm shocked. I completely understand that there are some messed up sick people in this world, but I can't even comprehend what would motivate someone to so cruelly and thoroughly abuse and torture a baby this way. The baby could not speak or provoke and even defend herself in anyway whatsoever. The depths of heartlessness that must have been possessed by the "mother" and "father" and "relatives" in this case completely blows my mind. These "people" responsible deserve the death penalty for what they've done, and I'm not talking about the relic gun here.. I'm talking about a good old fashioned short drop and quick stop.
 Asura.Angelita
By Asura.Angelita 2009-10-15 00:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This is sad, I hope that she can find some peace in heaven.
[+]
 Sylph.Taruzard
Server: Sylph
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Taruzard 2009-10-15 01:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

heaven doesnt exist
[+]
 Asura.Hit
By Asura.Hit 2009-10-15 01:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Taruzard said:
heaven doesnt exist

I'm not religious myself, But this ^ is fail. Even if you don't believe in an afterlife how could you find fault in somebody else wishing that this child who suffered her entire short life can find some kind of peace?
 Sylph.Taruzard
By Sylph.Taruzard 2009-10-15 02:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Because these threads are too often for me to give a ***anymore
 Fenrir.Didgist
Server: Fenrir
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2009-10-15 02:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Trolling an already trolled thread lol
 Sylph.Taruzard
By Sylph.Taruzard 2009-10-15 02:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yawai
 Bismarck.Angellus
Server: Bismarck
user: Angellus
By Bismarck.Angellus 2009-10-15 08:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

people make me laugh...

/click on topic
"Meh I don't wanna read this ***..."
/say something dumb
*Few mins later sees people talking about the tread*
"Meh I don't wanna read this ***..."
/click on topic
/reads
/says something dumb..."
*Repeats until topic banned*

Just saying... If you don't want to read a thread don't click onto it. This website is not all about you people, gotta deal with it, it is a public based website. The best way to let a topic die is not say anything at all, now if people post up it should mean they have something to say and not anything dumb.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-15 08:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That post was just as meaningless as all the other meaningless posts, like this one I'm posting.
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-10-15 08:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a horrible thing that happened. The video didn't really effect me because really, you read about or hear about this kind of stuff in the news all the time. Just today I read about a father that killed all 3 of his young children. There is really not much you can do other than take it as a lesson and treat your (future) children better and take care of them. Increasing sentencing for this kind of crime doesn't deter the people that do it, because most people have the common sense not too, other than the few psychos out there.

To all the people saying the perpetrators should be brutally murdered or that they should get a death sentence. The criminals already had their fair trial and were sentenced, you seriously sound less than intelligent demanding more punishment upon them. This is, ironically, bringing out the trolls. And really this is a gaming website and I don't think it's the right place to discuss child abuse and murder. Posting on a forum about how much you "care" doesn't really change a thing. You'll always have trolls that make fun of any subject and upset the people who genuinely care about it; That's what trolls do. So just ignore the trolls, say what you want to get off your chest and let this thread pass on.
 Sylph.Taruzard
By Sylph.Taruzard 2009-10-15 11:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
That post was just as meaningless as all the other meaningless posts, like this one I'm posting.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-15 11:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Taruzard said:
heaven doesnt exist

Taruzard said:
Haseyo said:

Didgist said:
 Sylph.Taruzard
By Sylph.Taruzard 2009-10-15 13:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
Taruzard said:
heaven doesnt exist

Taruzard said:
Haseyo said:

Didgist said:

Your avvy looks into my mind
 Bismarck.Marinae
Server: Bismarck
user: Filiros
By Bismarck.Marinae 2009-10-16 11:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
I watched the video, and no, I did not shed a tear for the kid.

Why?

Why is that kid's life more valuable than a rabbit? Or a tree? Or a fish in the bottom of the ocean?

We seem to be able to kill those really easy. Why are they different than that kid's life? You really should set your priorities straight, and stop being so egotisical in thinking that only you matter.

But then again, its not your fault that the human mindset is like this. We are the so-called "conquitors" of the world. We treat every life on this planet as its plaything.

So, go ahead, and think that the kid's life is more important than anything else's. I for one will not feel sorry for it because it was just one of humanity's many murders of the world that day.

I somewhat agree with this, but still, at that age you feel the pain more with the nerve ending sensitivities, I at least feel for her experiences, even though we as humans can undergo tendencies of viewing life unconsiderably, it doesn't mean we have the will to.

Her uncle, father & mother got what they deserve on a mundane level, I would've preferred that they got injected with certain drugs to keep them alive as others saw open their heads & feed them parts of their brain as they do in underground treatments now away from the public, but that would inspire too much like-minded impressions if that were released to a broad audience as well.

Besides, human beings have different genetic & physical make-up that differentiate our capabilities from other classes, sick minds have their motives which at least we got prison & law for them if they go out of line, no one should have gone & suffered in example as this baby has though, that is far too much trauma a moment like breathing.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-10-18 02:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

People "need" to click it. I shows how ????ked up human beings can be. It's a hard learned lesson on what not to be and do. There is situations like this all over the world. People still get treated like slaves or are slaves. If this only now opened your eyes I feel sorry for the future...
[+]