Random Politics & Religion #25

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #25
Random Politics & Religion #25
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 59 60 61
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-07-11 16:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Considering how there's only 2 people in this "meeting," you either have to take the one person's account for it, or, both if they corroborate with each other (in this case, they do).
That's not how this works. Jr. now has to corroborate all the details with the meeting with something more than his word. And it's made more difficult by the fact he didn't disclose the meeting properly when it first happened.

Does he? Do you understand how the burden of proof works? How about the 5th Amendment?
He's going to be compelled to divulge what he knows. The fifth only works while testifying.
By Nausi 2017-07-11 16:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If there was collusion between trump and the russians (which there wasnt), why would any agent attempt to make contact with JR? Why would Jr jump at this opportunity if there was already conspiractorial action in place?

Someone fill in these dots for me please.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-11 16:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
.... I hope the presidents family remains safe from the next left wing terrorist that decides all this "facts I don't like" is real and some has to be done about it.
Sorry, but it was a right winger who shot up a pizza parlor due to facts I don't like.

He got four years for it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-11 16:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Considering how there's only 2 people in this "meeting," you either have to take the one person's account for it, or, both if they corroborate with each other (in this case, they do).
That's not how this works. Jr. now has to corroborate all the details with the meeting with something more than his word. And it's made more difficult by the fact he didn't disclose the meeting properly when it first happened.

Does he? Do you understand how the burden of proof works? How about the 5th Amendment?
He's going to be compelled to divulge what he knows. The fifth only works while testifying.

So, that's a no then.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-07-11 16:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Conflating the definition of solicitation in a statue with it's vernacular, is sophomoric.

As Bloodrose stated as soon as DJT Jr. received the soliciting email he should have informed the FBI. However, he did not. He went on public record for over a year denying any type of contact or meeting ever occurred. Today he released emails to that display the contrary.

He was not part of the campaign, however Manafort was. He forwarded the emails to Manafort and asked him to attend on the premise of getting the information advertised.

You guys can attack people all you want but it doesn't change the fact DTJ Jr. in his attempt to clear the air, has put Manafort and Kushner along with others in a compromising position.

The question then arises, "for Russia to proffer this information what was asked in exchange?"
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-11 16:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
The question then arises, "for Russia to proffer this information what was asked in exchange?"

What information? Oh right, the non-existent info on Clinton that apparently required a non-existent quid pro quo conspiracy to follow in tow.

The more you squint to guess what's on the horizon, the less likely you'll be to see the edge of the cliff right in front of you.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-07-11 16:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The emails were forwarded to a then Trump Campaign manager (Manafort), and a current senior adviser (Kushner) who both attended and were knowingly being solicited.

Would love to see you guys argue against laws like "solicitation of an 'X' " is not a crime because there was nothing received or obtained, in a court of law.

How many tries did it take you to pass the Bar Exam?

1. Passed in 2001.

The same year that Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney was released? I don't think beating the game counts as a Bar Exam.

Always with the insults...You know that's like claiming to be statistician because you run Kparse on FFXI/FFXIV.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-11 16:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The emails were forwarded to a then Trump Campaign manager (Manafort), and a current senior adviser (Kushner) who both attended and were knowingly being solicited.

Would love to see you guys argue against laws like "solicitation of an 'X' " is not a crime because there was nothing received or obtained, in a court of law.

How many tries did it take you to pass the Bar Exam?

1. Passed in 2001.

The same year that Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney was released? I don't think beating the game counts as a Bar Exam.

Always with the insults...You know that's like claiming to be statistician because you run Kparse on FFXI/FFXIV.

Joke's on you! I don't parse.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-11 16:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

All I'm hearing is that it's ok to pay for a British "spy" for making ***up about Trump and getting paid for it by the FBI and probably the Clinton campaign, but it's treason to go to a meeting about possible information against Clinton.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-07-11 16:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump–Russia_dossier

It pays to actually read up on who commissioned it.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-07-11 16:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Conflating the definition of solicitation in a statue with it's vernacular, is sophomoric.

As Bloodrose stated as soon as DJT Jr. received the soliciting email he should have informed the FBI. However, he did not. He went on public record for over a year denying any type of contact or meeting ever occurred. Today he released emails to that display the contrary.

He was not part of the campaign, however Manafort was. He forwarded the emails to Manafort and asked him to attend on the premise of getting the information advertised.

You guys can attack people all you want but it doesn't change the fact DTJ Jr. in his attempt to clear the air, has put Manafort and Kushner along with others in a compromising position.

The girl isnt a russian agent. Nothing was exchanged.

Like if you never won the lottery, you wouldnt tell people you wom the lottery.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-11 16:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The girl isnt a russian agent. Nothing was exchanged.

Like if you never won the lottery, you wouldnt tell people you wom the lottery.

If I won the lottery I wouldn't tell people I won the lottery either.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-11 16:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't bother with it Nausi.

It states that democrats and the FBI didn't spend money on the fake dossier, then gives evidence that the democrats and the FBI spent money on the fake dossier.

It probably thinks that Trump colluded directly with Putin to steal the election away from it's candidate.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2017-07-11 18:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

All this hub bub really just means one thing.

Democrats have no agenda and refuse to understand why they keep loosing.

Bring on 2018.
By Viciouss 2017-07-11 18:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2017-07-11 18:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

LennartHK said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

The growing North Korean nuclear threat, explained (updated)
Basically all hope rests on China and since the USA transformed China from a 3rd World country into what it is now they probly dont enjoy Kim Jong-un rocking the boat? Dont even understand Kim Jong-un. He's young ffs... go get laid and stop trying to threaten the world. Nobody gives a fk to remove you from power.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2017-07-11 18:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the vast majority of Americans would rather the US just back down on it's global Military presence.
YouTube Video Placeholder
Long but great vid on the Subject
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-11 19:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
go get laid and stop trying to threaten the world.
That's the only way he can hold power.

That and extreme propaganda.

It's a liberal's paradise there.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-11 19:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought you all might be amused by these headlines from one of my favorite left leaning sources, Slate.

Unlike some others here I amn't afraid of naming my sources and providing their slant.

Don Trump Jr.’s Emails Are the Smoking Gun
If the Russia scandal has been a murk of lies, misdirection, and hearsay, now we finally have clarity.

Tyranny by Blunder
The latest revelations show the Trumps never had a master plan to subvert American democracy. It just comes naturally to them.

Is Donald Trump Jr. Guilty of Treason?
Probably not, but he likely committed this other crime.

Disgusting. Phony. Outrageous. Absurd.
A timeline of team Trump’s denials of collusion with Russia.

Enjoy. Also feel free to not read them. I haven't.

*This one has a far more clickbatey headline on their home page.
By Bloodrose 2017-07-11 20:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the Independent sources I watch or read from, Ring of Fire, TyT DavidPak, etc., have strongly criticized the MSM for focusing on only one thing, when there are tons of other ***they could be reporting on.

Hell, TYT did a segment on FoxNews (a news anchor, not the talking heads of The Five and Fox and Friends) Defending CNN in the wake of all this facts I don't like ***.

I mean, ***'s gone topsy turvy when FOX of all people are defending their competition instead of berating it. (Usually, like other large media businesses, it's good business to pander to their demographics) And it's gone even MORE insane when I actually have to point out something good Fox has done. Twice.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2017-07-11 20:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Defending CNN in the wake of all this facts I don't like ***.
What's there to Defend. .
CNN threatens Memes
CNN Producer and Political Analyst admits...

CNN is more like the WWE of News than anything.
That aint ***.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2017-07-11 20:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
Defending CNN in the wake of all this facts I don't like ***.
What's there to Defend. .
CNN threatens Memes
CNN is more like the WWE of News than anything.
That aint ***.
CNN Producer and Political Analyst admits...
[fixed link]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2017-07-11 20:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
.... I hope the presidents family remains safe from the next left wing terrorist that decides all this "facts I don't like" is real and some has to be done about it.
Sorry, but it was a right winger who shot up a pizza parlor due to facts I don't like.

He got four years for it.
That man was a gd idiot. Alex Jones is obviously FOS fueled by nothing but conspiracy theories. More entertainment than reality unless you're dilusional. On the other hand we have actual Democrats + CNN themselves, whom are Not supposed to be Political Comedians, continuing to show thier fond approval for violence.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-11 20:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

And it's gone even MORE insane when I actually have to point out something good Fox has done. Twice.
Maybe Fox News is the source you should listen to.

They aren't afraid of admitting their own mistakes, and quickly.

And they aren't afraid of criticizing Trump, but not to the point of mass hysteria the other news outlets have done.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-11 21:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

TyT

TYT is horrifically liberal biased, similar to Slate or WaPo, the only difference being they use young stooges and extremely condescending language. I listened to them for awhile but then they went full retard a few years back and I stopped.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2017-07-11 21:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The Left is way out of control. If they aint claiming Trump as a Hitler. They are claiming his speech in Poland as 'White Supremacist'. If they aint fear mongering against Trump fueling lunatics into shooting up a Baseball Game of Politicians. They are taking pictures of a make believe severed head of Trump or performing 'Plays' depicting his assassination. That aint even including the crackhead BS coming out of the mouths of the Hollywood elitists. .

I dont even know how these ppl are capable of even looking in the mirror. Extremely disgusting behaviour from ppl claiming themselves as Americans...
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-11 21:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking back, I remember thinking how oddly ridiculous it was that Fox should call itself "Fair and Balanced". Now that Fox is actually one of the most fair and balanced networks, it is in no way indicative of its own quality in reporting but rather a testament to how utterly awful the rest of the media has become.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-07-11 23:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

They stop pretending with the fair and balanced thing about a month ago.
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 59 60 61