Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55 ... 58 59 60

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-19 09:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone on the Left care that Anthony Weiner is pleading guilty?

*cricket*

Hello, we've got a high-profile pedophile here. Anyone?

*cricket*

Oh crap, I forgot. That's Anthony Weiner with a (D). Carry on.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 09:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

*cricket*

Hello, we've got a high-profile pedophile here. Anyone?

*cricket*

Oh crap, I forgot. That's Anthony Weiner with a (D). Carry on.
Lol, his name is Weiner! LOL
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-19 09:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Nausi said: »
So guilty until proven innocent? All anyone has to do is make an accusation, kick the media machine into gear and you are hooked.

You're the tool the establishment has always wanted.

Aren't you blindly defending the establishment? That last statement was so disconnected from the first. You sound a lot more like a Trump tool then anyone here.

Also weren't you calling Clinton guilty? When she wasn't proven guilty?

Further more accepting the possibility =/= Guilty. I'm not saying to lock him up like someone else here. I think that he is perfectly capable of collusion though and it would benefit him greatly. Enough possibility that it should be investigated without impediment.

Let's get some things strait. Trump is not the establishment he's the outsider, the leakers are the establishment who do not want him to succeed.

I can certainly consider the possibility that Trump did something wrong, but until someone provides solid EVIDENCE why should I treat him as though he did? Surely you're capable of seeing how ridiculous the rules are is if all you need to do to ruin someone is accuse them of something bad. (I really would like an answer to this one)

And finally, Clinton WAS guilty she just wasn't prosecuted. Think of it like getting let off for a speeding ticket because you know someone on the police force. Except replace speeding with the mishandling of national secrets.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-19 09:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
So guilty until proven innocent? All anyone has to do is make an accusation, kick the media machine into gear and you are hooked.

That's funny coming from you with your birthism, benghazi, emails, uranium deal with russia.

I didn't really jump on the birther train.

Clinton DID mishandle Benghazi and the administration Lied to the people about it. They sent out Rice to mislead everyone and cover it up because it was a few weeks before the election.

Clinton DID mishandle classified information, she BROKE THE LAW.

There is so much evidence that Clinton profited by exercising her influence at the state department on that uranium deal, it's not even funny. This is not a baseless accusation in the least.

Shiroi can i just use my napkin on you for a second, you got a little *** on the side of your mouth from all that facts I don't like you're eating.
By Viciouss 2017-05-19 09:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget ebola nausi.
By eliroo 2017-05-19 09:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's get some things strait. Trump is not the establishment he's the outsider, the leakers are the establishment who do not want him to succeed.

Nausi's got the jokes.
By eliroo 2017-05-19 09:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank God the guy was a real ***.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2017-05-19 09:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank God the guy was a real ***.
I see what you did there.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-19 09:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi's got the jokes.

[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2017-05-19 09:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That's funny coming from you with your birthism, benghazi, emails, uranium deal with russia.

I didn't really jump on the birther train.

Clinton DID mishandle Benghazi and the administration Lied to the people about it. They sent out Rice to mislead everyone and cover it up because it was a few weeks before the election.

Clinton DID mishandle classified information, she BROKE THE LAW.

There is so much evidence that Clinton profited by exercising her influence at the state department on that uranium deal, it's not even funny. This is not a baseless accusation in the least.

Shiroi can i just use my napkin on you for a second, you got a little *** on the side of your mouth from all that facts I don't like you're eating.

So guilty until proven innocent right? Hell, it's even guilty after proven innocent, but I am assuming a lot of people will do the same with the Trump administration even if they end up not being guilty of anything.

Which point are you arguing against Shiroi?

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-19 09:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm saying you are exactly what you are complaining about. If you can't see the irony of what you are saying, nothing I'll say will help you understand.

You claimed that there was an instance of proven innocence with Hillary Clinton, though, which is false.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2017-05-19 09:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm saying you are exactly what you are complaining about. If you can't see the irony of what you are saying, nothing I'll say will help you understand.
No, I'm not. Clinton did that ***, and there is evidence that she did. That's not jumping to conclusions, not in the least.

[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-19 09:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You claimed that there was an instance of proven innocence with Hillary Clinton, though, which is false.

You are technically right, that's a mistake. She wasn't found guilty of any crime, it's different.
So if you speed, get pulled over, but argue yourself out of a ticket, you didn't break the law?
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-19 10:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe that's how things work up there in backwards Canada Shiroi, but here in the states, we do things a little differently.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 10:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is it that when Trump *** up in some way, his supporters go back to Hillary as if they are still campaigning against each other?

Hillary isn't the president, Trump is. All eyes are on him now. Hillary is irrelevant at this point.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-19 10:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I look at it this way. And I am noting that, yes, there is no such thing as a perfect analogy.

A man walks into a gas station and without provocation shoots a guy in the face. It is caught on camera, and the video becomes available to the public. Due to a technicality, he is never convicted.

Would you fault anyone for calling him a murderer even if he was acquitted? No, and why not? Because there is a preponderance of evidence. I'm not saying anyone should go vigilante on the guy because we should respect the system, but the proof is there.

Hillary Clinton broke the law. Comey more or less said so, and the evidence mounted in the eyes of the public long before the election ever occurred. It wasn't just smoke, we saw the fire.

The claims against Donald Trump have yielded zero evidence available to the public. There is definitely smoke, but with a highly dishonest media and an odd, unpredictable Trump clearly contributing to at least some of that smoke unnecessarily, there is plenty of reasonable doubt.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 10:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary is just a diversion, a distraction now and not a very good one seeing as she's out of a job.
By Nausi 2017-05-19 10:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Don't forget ebola nausi.

I tell you what, next Ebola scare I'll call trump a moron if he doesn't forcible quarantine potential carriers as well.

I bet you flip out on him way before I do though.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 10:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I look at it this way. And I am noting that, yes, there is no such thing as a perfect analogy.

A man walks into a gas station and without provocation shoots a guy in the face. It is caught on camera, and the video becomes available to the public. Due to a technicality, he is never convicted.

Would you fault anyone for calling him a murderer even if he was acquitted? No, and why not? Because there is a preponderance of evidence. I'm not saying anyone should go vigilante on the guy because we should respect the system, but the proof is there.

Hillary Clinton broke the law. Comey more or less said so, and the evidence mounted in the eyes of the public long before the election ever occurred. It wasn't just smoke, we saw the fire.

The claims against Donald Trump have yielded zero evidence available to the public. There is definitely smoke, but with a highly dishonest media and an odd, unpredictable Trump clearly contributing to at least some of that smoke unnecessarily, there is plenty of reasonable doubt.
I understand that point, where does Hillary come into any and every little thing that comes up against​ Trump?

Trump fires Comey, the public loses their *** minds and Trump supporters immediately start saying "But Hillary sent emails and stored them on a non government server!"

Yeah, she did... what's your point?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-19 10:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I understand that point, where does Hillary come into any and every little thing that comes up against​ Trump?

Trump fires Comey, the public loses their *** minds and Trump supporters immediately start saying "But Hillary sent emails and stored them on a non government server!"

Hypocrisy. That's pretty much the entire point.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-19 10:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is it that when Trump *** up in some way, his supporters go back to Hillary as if they are still campaigning against each other?

Hillary isn't the president, Trump is. All eyes are on him now. Hillary is irrelevant at this point.

Because it's the perfect example of liberal hypocrisy.

Hillary has piles of actual evidence of her committed and inferred crimes and libs literally bury their head in the sand.

Someone accuses Trump of wrongdoing based on some anonymous phone call that we can't even verify ACTUALLY happened, and libs call for full investigation.

Passing off the topic as a "distraction" is a form of cognitive dissonance.

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2017-05-19 10:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, she trafficked in classified information. When she wanted to send stuff that was top secret but she couldn't send it because it had "classified" on it, she removed the markings and sent it anyways.

That is a HUGE DEAL. The "but her emails" meme is bogus, it's not about emails, it's about trafficking in government secrets.

Do you think that is you did that, they wouldn't throw you in jail? Why then aren't you angered by it (serious question)?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 10:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypocrisy. That's pretty much the entire point.
Eh. I dunno. I still don't think we should defend everything Trump does to piss people off with "But Hillary though!"

It's not really working. Hillary is out and the only people who really listen to the "But Hillary" stuff are the people who would never and will never vote for Hillary to begin with.
By Nausi 2017-05-19 10:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I'm not. Clinton did that ***, and there is evidence that she did. That's not jumping to conclusions, not in the least.

lol.

So if you speed, get pulled over, but argue yourself out of a ticket, you didn't break the law?

That's a weak analogy.
Not an argument.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55 ... 58 59 60