Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 58 59 60
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-18 10:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Nausi said: »
Remember when Obama advocated for hillarys defence publicly last April and no one called it obstruction of justice?

Quote:
“April 10, 2016 — President Obama said Sunday that Hillary Clinton showed ‘carelessness’ by using a private email server, but he also strongly defended his former secretary of state, saying she did not endanger national security…”

Pepridge farm remembers

How would that be anywhere close to obstruction of justice?

That's exactly the point....
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-18 10:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I swear some times reading the ***on here is worse than doing algebra. They are words but they don't make sense.
I'm good at math Fone. I'm good at English too.

Some of those words make no sense to me either.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-05-18 10:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/05/smoking-gun-comey-testified-oathtrump-never-pressured-fbi-halt-investigations/

There the testimony. I can't imagine how Vic missed it.

Quote:
its not happened in my experience

Because the line of questioning has nothing to do with Trump, they are specifically talking about the FBI's relationship with the DOJ. You didn't read the testimony, you just searched for a right wing link that fit your narrative.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-18 10:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Wow, pretty early in the day for proving me wrong guys? Did Schumer's twitter tantrums get you all riled up or something?
fixed for accuracy.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-18 10:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/05/smoking-gun-comey-testified-oathtrump-never-pressured-fbi-halt-investigations/

Quote:

Because the line of questioning has nothing to do with Trump, they are specifically talking about the FBI's relationship with the DOJ. You didn't read the testimony, you just searched for a right wing link that fit your narrative.
Right, and trump of course has no offiliation with the DOJ. What brach of government is that again?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-18 10:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember when Obama advocated for hillarys defence publicly last April and no one called it obstruction of justice?

Quote:
“April 10, 2016 — President Obama said Sunday that Hillary Clinton showed ‘carelessness’ by using a private email server, but he also strongly defended his former secretary of state, saying she did not endanger national security…”

Pepridge farm remembers

It's the same level of obstruction of justice that Trump supposedly said to Comey privately.

So, either Obama obstructed justice or Trump didn't. Take your pick.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-18 10:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

FBI Not Probing DNC Staffer Seth Rich’s Murder, Despite WikiLeaks Claim
Newsweek

Quote:
The FBI is not investigating the unsolved murder of former Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich, Newsweek has learned. The bureau’s lack of involvement refutes a Fox News report that an FBI analysis of Rich’s computer showed he had transferred more than 44,000 DNC emails to a person with ties to WikiLeaks. The report cited an unnamed “federal investigator.”

The circumstances around Rich’s July 2016 murder are mysterious and have led to conspiracy theories that claim he is responsible for passing DNC emails to WikiLeaks. The conspiracy theorists have suggested that the DNC or Hillary Clinton is responsible for Rich’s death. A Fox News report on Tuesday about an alleged connection between Rich and WikiLeaks exploded in conservative media.

On Monday, a local Fox affiliate quoted Rod Wheeler, a private investigator looking into Rich’s death, as saying he knew of evidence connecting Rich to WikiLeaks. The following day, Fox News published an expanded report, claiming that a “federal investigator” had corroborated Wheeler’s comments.

Citing that source, Fox News said that “an FBI forensic report of Rich’s computer—generated within 96 hours after Rich’s murder—showed that he made contact with WikiLeaks through Gavin MacFadyen,” whom The New York Times described in an obituary as a mentor to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and as director of WikiLeaks. The source said that sometime before May 21, 2016, Rich had transferred 44,053 emails and 17,761 attachments belonging to DNC leaders dating from January 2015 to late May 2016. MacFadyen, the apparent recipient, died of lung cancer last October....
It goes on...
By Viciouss 2017-05-18 10:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Right, and trump of course has no offiliation with the DOJ.

Right, completely independent of the Presidency. Notice how they assigned a special counsel without even giving the WH a heads up? Comey was never talking about the President, never got asked about the President, and never lied. Try reading next time instead of going to those trash sites you love so much.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-18 10:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

So, you say that the Secretary of Justice hasn't demanded the stop of this investigation, which, by Comey's own testimony they have the authority to do, but Trump's very vague words was obstruction of justice?

Actions speak louder than words Vic, and the lack of action by the DOJ shows that Trump didn't even attempt to obstruct the investigation. So, yes, Comey did state under oath that the Trump Administration didn't attempt to stop this investigation.

Nice try Vic.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-18 10:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Brazil yet again.

Your Guide to Brazil’s New Political Crisis
Bloomberg
By Viciouss 2017-05-18 10:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I noticed how Fox News went dark on that conspiracy pretty quick.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2017-05-18 10:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Quote:

Pepridge farm remembers

That's exactly the point....

The memo is not a proof of obstruction of justice, but firing Comey adds weight to that theory.
Only in the mind of a liberal.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-05-18 10:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Quote:

So, you say that the Secretary of Justice hasn't demanded the stop of this investigation, which, by Comey's own testimony they have the authority to do, but Trump's very vague words was obstruction of justice?

Actions speak louder than words Vic, and the lack of action by the DOJ shows that Trump didn't even attempt to obstruct the investigation. So, yes, Comey did state under oath that the Trump Administration didn't attempt to stop this investigation.

Secretary of Justice, a new Cabinet position created by KN. I also never said that Trump obstructed justice. And no, Comey never testified about Trump trying to stop the investigation. He was never asked about it, and never responded to it. Nice assumptions tho.
By Nausi 2017-05-18 10:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Right, and trump of course has no offiliation with the DOJ.

Right, completely independent of the Presidency. Notice how they assigned a special counsel without even giving the WH a heads up? Comey was never talking about the President, never got asked about the President, and never lied. Try reading next time instead of going to those trash sites you love so much.
Trump ain't worried Vic. Dems should be.
By Viciouss 2017-05-18 10:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, if he isn't worried, why the twitter tantrums? There is also no reason for Dems to be worried. But I like how you just abandoned your made up argument.
By Nausi 2017-05-18 10:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, if he isn't worried, why the twitter tantrums? There is also no reason for Dems to be worried. But I like how you just abandoned your made up argument.
He's telling his supporters that he's fighting. This is a witch hunt and a threat to the republic.

We all knew the swamp would not drain itself. I question how anyone can view all this vileness and somehow be ok with a group of unelected people have been this much power over a freely elected president.

Do you think they will always be on your side?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-18 10:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, if they ain't worried, why the media tantrums?

But specifically, if the Russia thing turns out to be a big nothingburger (which it probably is, just not officially yet), then it could serve to give a huge boost to Trump just as Comey's decision to not prosecute Hillary did for her.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-18 10:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Secretary of Justice, a new Cabinet position created by KN. I also never said that Trump obstructed justice. And no, Comey never testified about Trump trying to stop the investigation. He was never asked about it, and never responded to it. Nice assumptions tho.
Head Attorney General, you know what I'm talking about.

You aren't saying that Trump obstructed justice? But that is the whole premise of your argument.

But you are looking for Comey stating specifically that Trump himself didn't tell Comey to stop the investigation. Which is what he didn't say (actually refused to say, which is what he is known to do in testimonies).

He was asked a broad question, which he gave a specific answer. He was asked if the Department of Justice asked Comey to stop the investigation, which he was very specific to say no.

Either way, Comey either committed perjury or the NYT article about the memo is lying. Which is it?
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2017-05-18 11:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So much evidence yet no one has produced any of it.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-18 11:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember innocent till proven guilty doesn't just apply to joe six pack. It applies to everyone.
By Viciouss 2017-05-18 11:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Head Attorney General, you know what I'm talking about.

You aren't saying that Trump obstructed justice? But that is the whole premise of your argument.

But you are looking for Comey stating specifically that Trump himself didn't tell Comey to stop the investigation. Which is what he didn't say (actually refused to say, which is what he is known to do in testimonies).

He was asked a broad question, which he gave a specific answer. He was asked if the Department of Justice asked Comey to stop the investigation, which he was very specific to say no.

Either way, Comey either committed perjury or the NYT article about the memo is lying. Which is it?

Nausi made up the claim that Comey never testified that Trump himself asked him to stop this specific investigation. Then he sourced a pathetic article that cherry picks testimony out of a line of questioning regarding the relationship between the FBI and the DOJ.

Quote:
HIRONO: Yes. And so speaking of the independence of not just the judiciary but I'd like you to clarify the FBI's independence from the DOJ apparatus. Can the FBI conduct an investigation independent from the department of Justice. Or does the FBI have to disclose all it's investigations to the DOJ? And does it have to get the Attorney General's consent?

COMEY: Well we work with the Department of Justice, whether that's main justice or U.S. attorney's offices on all of our investigations.

And so we work with them and so in a legal sense we're not independent of the department of justice. We are spiritually, culturally pretty independent group and that's the way you would want ***. But yes, we work with the Department of Justice on all of our investigations.

HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

COMEY: In theory yes.

HIRONO: Has it happened?

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.

They are not talking about any specific investigation, which means they are not talking about the Russian investigation. Comey responds with they have never been told by the DOJ to stop something due to political reasons. Thats all he says. Its not a specific answer.

And its the Deputy Attorney General that is overseeing the Russian investigation, Rosenstein. Sessions is out.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2017-05-18 11:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yahoo news as source let me laugh some more !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-18 11:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I only post Yahoo news when I want a good laugh myself.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-18 11:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

He's telling his supporters that he's fighting. This is a witch hunt and a threat to the republic.

We all knew the swamp would not drain itself. I question how anyone can view all this vileness and somehow be ok with a group of unelected people have been this much power over a freely elected president.

Do you think they will always be on your side?

The Dems who were Bernie Sanders supporters were already screwed over by the establishment. Just wait until a successor appears that isn't going to figuratively roll over and die like Bernie did. That's when the Dems will finally get some perspective on this.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-18 11:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember people thought OJ was guilty to how did that turn out...
By Viciouss 2017-05-18 11:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Remember people thought OJ was guilty to how did that turn out...

He is in jail at least?
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 58 59 60