Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 58 59 60
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2017-05-16 15:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
fonewear said: »
There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling.
That's only one scoop though.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-05-16 15:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, yes it is.

Not at all, at least not in the case of my comment. It was actually a discussion about your character. Or lack thereof. Not a detraction from another argument.
By Viciouss 2017-05-16 15:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
McMaster and Tillerson already stated that there was no classified information (aka methods) discussed.

No they didn't. Their full statements yesterday:
Quote:
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson:

"During President Trump's meeting with Foreign Minister Lavrov a broad range of subjects were discussed among which were common efforts and threats regarding counter-terrorism. During that exchange the nature of specific threats were discussed, but they did not discuss sources, methods or military operations."

National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster:

"The president and the foreign minister reviewed common threats from terrorist organizations to include threats to aviation. At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed and no military operations were disclosed that were not already known publicly."

Both of those statements clearly deny that Trump shared sources, (which was never the accusation) but they never come close to denying that Trump shared classified intel. Furthermore, McMaster clearly avoided answering whether or not the intel that was discussed was classified or not, just a few hours ago.

Reposting. To emphasize, McMaster is on the record of declining to say whether or not the intel discussed was classified. He specifically dodged that topic again today, after not including it in his statement yesterday. They are only denying that Trump didn't share the source of the intel, which was probably the Israelis. But they refuse to say that the intel was not classified, even after being pressed on it.
By fonewear 2017-05-16 15:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Um, yes it is.

Not at all, at least not in the case of my comment. It was actually a discussion about your character. Or lack thereof. Not a detraction from another argument.

Bro calm down bro this is the internet !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 15:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Um, yes it is.

Um...do you know what ad hominem attacks are?

It's really simple. It's attacks on the person instead of the topic at hand. Which is clearly against the rules but those rules are relaxed due to the heated nature of political debate.

Which is why I state that those attacks happen quite often, and directed towards me, Saevel, and Nausi quite often than not. Happens too often to care anymore.

Hell, I don't even bother with reports, unless the attack is very personal in nature and those generally are followed up with a PM to the closest loser I can find, usually Kojo.

Also, I'm not below making a few ad hominem attacks myself. I would be hypocritical and outright lying if I said that I don't do them. I try not to do them as often as some though, and even then, I don't get too personal on those attacks.

No "Yo mama" jokes from me.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 15:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

McMaster and Tillerson already stated that there was no classified information (aka methods) discussed.

Quote:

"During President Trump's meeting with Foreign Minister Lavrov a broad range of subjects were discussed among which were common efforts and threats regarding counter-terrorism. During that exchange the nature of specific threats were discussed, but they did not discuss sources, methods or military operations."

"The president and the foreign minister reviewed common threats from terrorist organizations to include threats to aviation. At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed and no military operations were disclosed that were not already known publicly."

Both of those statements clearly deny that Trump shared sources, (which was never the accusation) but they never come close to denying that Trump shared classified intel. Furthermore, McMaster clearly avoided answering whether or not the intel that was discussed was classified or not, just a few hours ago.

Reposting. To emphasize, McMaster is on the record of declining to say whether or not the intel discussed was classified. He specifically dodged that topic again today, after not including it in his statement yesterday. They are only denying that Trump didn't share the source of the intel, which was probably the Israelis. But they refuse to say that the intel was not classified, even after being pressed on it.
Well, that goes counter to a previous post you made today. And not even an hour ago even.

Geeze Vic, get your story straight!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 15:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, yet another analysis for Vic to deny

Key point:

Quote:
Just this week, a Senate hearing revealed that there’s still no evidence of the alleged collusion between the Trump 2016 campaign and Russia but there was illegal disclosure of information on former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn collected via government surveillance. A Journal editorial observed:

Quote:
Mr. Flynn’s name was leaked in violation of the law after he was “unmasked” by an Obama Administration official and his name was distributed widely across the government.
We don’t know who did the unmasking, but on Monday both [Former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates] and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper admitted that while in office they had personally reviewed classified reports about “Mr. Trump, his officials or members of Congress” who had been “unmasked.” Both also admitted that they had shared that information with others in government, though they did deny leaking to the press.

Can't wait for Vic to defend Obama on this again.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-16 15:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

My name is hugh mungus nice to meet all of you !
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Nausi 2017-05-16 15:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Libs crossing their fingers really hard for a new national scandal and someone besides them give a crap about it.

#noonecares

Meanwhile they're silent on the murder of DNC staffer and Wikileaks supplier Seth Rich.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-05-16 15:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So, you guys done with ad hominem attacks and want to get back to the topics, or are you guys going for another round of circle jerking?
Another pot kettle situation?
By Viciouss 2017-05-16 15:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Well, that goes counter to a previous post you made today. And not even an hour ago even.

No, it doesn't. It only counters your made up claims of McMaster and Tillerson saying no classified intel was shared. This isn't hard for me at all, I think by now everyone has seen you don't have anything. Don't feel bad, when the Trump WH doesn't even have an effective explanation, we can hardly expect his supporters to.
By Viciouss 2017-05-16 15:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Libs crossing their fingers really hard for a new national scandal and someone besides them give a crap about it.

Meanwhile they're silent on the murder of DNC staffer and Wikileaks supplier Seth Rich.
#noonecares

Its front page news on every conservative news outlet, its all Congress is talking about, our allies are concerned with it, and nausi doesn't care. Boo hoo.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-05-16 15:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Someone point out to Nausi that this was supposed to be satirical.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 15:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
So, you guys done with ad hominem attacks and want to get back to the topics, or are you guys going for another round of circle jerking?
Nope, nice try though
By fonewear 2017-05-16 15:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Nope, nice try though
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-16 15:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

They really grasping now, anything that can be twisted is being twisted lol.

I'll reiterate the same things I said back when Obama got elected and the Conservatives went nuclear. If your going to ding or hate on someone, do it for stuff they actually did, don't hate them for *** you invented.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-05-16 15:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Its funny because all the Trump WH needs to do is come out and say "Yeah, we may have *** up a bit there, our bad." And the story is gone. But no, they have to come out and put massive spin on it, and not actually deny it, just for feels.
By Nausi 2017-05-16 15:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Officer Robbinson who initially responded to the Seth Rich shooting went to Georgetown when Podesta taught there. His sister also worked for Hillary Clinton.
By Nausi 2017-05-16 15:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Its funny because all the Trump WH needs to do is come out and say "Yeah, we may have *** up a bit there, our bad." And the story is gone. But no, they have to come out and put massive spin on it, and not actually deny it, just for feels.
The story would be gone? Yeah that's what the media want...

Hahahahahabahahahahahahahha!
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-05-16 15:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the media doesn't let anything go these days. It's the age of spin. They'd just launch a new angle on it.

Of course, even if the WH did say something strong enough to make them stop reporting on it, they'd fill the gaps with whatever ***they got loaded in their ***cannon.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-05-16 15:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If the WH wants to keep lying about it go for it. It hasn't been hard to debunk them as of yet. How are those rasmussen numbers looking these days nausi?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-16 16:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Of course, even if the WH did say something strong enough to make them stop reporting on it, they'd fill the gaps with whatever ***they got loaded in their ***cannon.

Officials who were actually present in the room have already made statements saying nothing classified was discussed. Those same officials have already called the WAPO story complete fabricated ***.

Earlier I even linked the executive order establishing classification criteria which also describes how things are classified and declassified. This pertains to the statements regarding methods / sources / ect which is very important because that's how something is determined to be classified and what restrictions it has on dissemination.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 16:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Its funny because all the Trump WH needs to do is come out and say "Yeah, we may have *** up a bit there, our bad." And the story is gone.
No it won't, and you know it.
By Viciouss 2017-05-16 16:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Officials who were actually present in the room have already made statements saying nothing classified was discussed. Those same officials have already called the WAPO story complete fabricated ***.

This has been debunked a few times already. But I'm sure you guys will keep trying to say it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 16:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This has been debunked a few times already. But I'm sure you guys will keep trying to say it.
Debunked? Can you source the "debunking" please?

Cause all I see is you saying "no u!"
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-05-16 16:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, I don't mind reposting their official statements:
Quote:

No where in these statements will you see a denial of classified intel being shared. They focus purely on denying that the source was shared. Like I said, this isn't hard.
By fonewear 2017-05-16 16:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 16:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, I don't mind reposting their official statements:
Quote:

No where in these statements will you see a denial of classified intel being shared. They focus purely on denying that the source was shared. Like I said, this isn't hard.
Thanks for proving Saevel's point.

Or are you going to deny your own quotes?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 16:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

$50 in Bison Bucks says that Vic denies his own quotes.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-05-16 16:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you point out where in those quotes do they say nothing classified was discussed?
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 58 59 60