Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 58 59 60
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 09:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Seth Rich sent 40000 emails to Wikileaks.

Democrats clearly had him killed because of it.

Investigation when?
I wouldn't say clearly. But an investigation does need to take place.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 09:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
And the kicker in all of this? Even in the worst case scenario, Trump did nothing illegal.
Didn't you know? It's illegal to exist now.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-16 09:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Libs can't seem to fathom that anti-trump "leakers" aren't leaking objective news, they're just anti-trump.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-16 09:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leaking against Obama was treason. Leaking against Trump makes you a hero.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 09:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
And the kicker in all of this? Even in the worst case scenario, Trump did nothing illegal.

You are probably right, but it'll still have an impact. Assuming the report is right, it's information received from a intel sharing agreement with a foreign agency.

Other countries will not be too thrilled to share information with the US if the president is going to casually reveal their intel like that.

But yeah, it's not impeachable and the president has the power to declassify information on a whim like that.
Too bad the report was worded to make it sound like Trump did something illegal. But then again, that's all the WP/NYT/CNN/MSNBC/liberal media outlets all are doing now.

Trump had 2 scoops, that's an impeachable offence!
By Nausi 2017-05-16 09:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You are probably right, but it'll still have an impact. Assuming the report is right, it's information received from a intel sharing agreement with a foreign agency.

Other countries will not be too thrilled to share information with the US if the president is going to casually reveal their intel like that.

But yeah, it's not impeachable and the president has the power to declassify information on a whim like that.
"If"

#itdoesntmatter
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-16 09:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Too bad the report was worded to make it sound like Trump did something illegal. But then again, that's all the WP/NYT/CNN/MSNBC/liberal media outlets all are doing now.

I just can't get over that. Those poor, poor... mostly rich people that only get one scoop of ice cream to start. I can't fathom how difficult it must be, after a fancy dinner, to have to ask for another scoop of ice cream if that's what they want. That Trump, *sniffle*, he's such a monster!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-16 09:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while...I'm sure that if they dig around long enough they will find "something" that breaks some law... since everyone in america is breaking some law, rule or regulation right.... now.

Al Capone had seven people killed in broad daylight but they busted him for tax evasion.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-16 10:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The conversation isn't about the legality. The President can has the ability to share classified information and can change it's status. The conversation is he just had McMaster make a statement yesterday that the report about Trump sharing information in that meeting is false. Then within 24hrs Trump says

"As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, Facts pertaining to terrorism and airline flight safety. Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS and Terrorism"

So he shared. Which he as President can do. But he did just make McMaster look like a fool. Which is the conversation.
By Nausi 2017-05-16 10:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I just can't get over that. Those poor, poor... mostly rich people that only get one scoop of ice cream to start. I can't fathom how difficult it must be, after a fancy dinner, to have to ask for another scoop of ice cream if that's what they want. That Trump, *sniffle*, he's such a monster!
BREAKING NEWS! Anonymous sources have told news networks that Russian officials were served TWO SCOOPS of ice cream without even asking for it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-16 10:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
So he shared. Which he as President can do. But he did just make McMaster look like a fool. Which is the conversation.

That's the stupidest narrative I've heard on this.

Quote:
LT. GEN. H.R. McMASTER, NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER: I have a brief statement for the record. There is nothing that the president takes more seriously than the security of the American people. The story that came out tonight as reported is false. The president and the foreign minister reviewed a range of common threats to our two countries, including threats to civil aviation.

At no time, at no time, where intelligent sources or methods discussed. And the president did not disclose any military operations that were not already publicly known. Two other senior officials who were present, including the Secretary of the State, remember the meeting the same way and have said so. Their on the record accounts should outweigh anonymous sources. I was in the room. It didn't happen.

Quote:
"As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining to terrorism and airline flight safety," Trump said on Twitter. "Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism."

How is this a contradiction?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 10:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

That's the stupidest narrative I've heard on this.

Quote:
LT. GEN. H.R. McMASTER, NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER: I have a brief statement for the record. There is nothing that the president takes more seriously than the security of the American people. The story that came out tonight as reported is false. The president and the foreign minister reviewed a range of common threats to our two countries, including threats to civil aviation.

At no time, at no time, where intelligent sources or methods discussed. And the president did not disclose any military operations that were not already publicly known. Two other senior officials who were present, including the Secretary of the State, remember the meeting the same way and have said so. Their on the record accounts should outweigh anonymous sources. I was in the room. It didn't happen.

Quote:
"As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining to terrorism and airline flight safety," Trump said on Twitter. "Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism."

How is this a contradiction?
Because Trump and the Derangement Syndrome he has on people.

For example:

Tillerson - "Israel relations are improving"
Trump - "I like ice cream"
MSM - "Today, Trump just stated that Israel relations are deteriorating in counter to what was reported by the Secretary of State due to ice cream shortages in the region, more at 11!"
Maddow - We have Trump's tax returns, no foolin!
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-16 10:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Mark my words, if Seth Rich starts eclipsing Russian collusion, Dems will begin to say he was a Russian spy...
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-16 10:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The bad news about this perfectly legal sharing.

The ‘Chilling Effect’ of Trump’s Loose Talk With Russia

Wired.

TLDR: It makes our partners in intleigence less likley to share tidbits with us.

The good news about this perfectly legal sharing.

Stephen Colbert: Mystery solved — Trump's the White House leaker
USA Today

The funny news about this perfectly legal sharing.

Screaming overheard in Cabinet Room meeting between Spicer, Bannon and Sanders after Russia intel revelation
Raw story
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-16 10:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
It makes our partners in intleigence less likley to share tidbits with us.

Oh, that's good. I'd be concerned about our partners in intelligence, but our partners in intleigence are a bunch of weirdos.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 10:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what these people who are claiming that Trump disclosed classified information actually know what they are talking about.

Terrorism and aviation security is not classified information....
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-16 10:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Another day, another media generated trump controversy.

This ***is astonishing to watch.

I seriously don't understand how libs can cheer for this vileness.
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-05-16 10:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get how you can felate a xenophobic sexist shitbag, but hey, you do you buddy.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 10:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, after reading the WP hit piece itself, it is strangely devoid of what it was that Trump apparently released.

All it inferred is that Trump released classified information without saying what that classified information was. I mean, it did mention a threat that ISIS was using laptop computers on aircraft, but we already knew that, since Britian and US banned them back in March. Hell, I even sourced the WP story saying that!

Other than that, it's a big nothingburger, which I nominate as the title of the RP&R #24.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 10:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »
I don't get how you can felate a xenophobic sexist shitbag, but hey, you do you buddy.
You shouldn't call Clinton names.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2017-05-16 10:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what these people who are claiming that Trump disclosed classified information actually know what they are talking about.

Terrorism and aviation security is not classified information....

You don't think there is classified intel within those 2 very broad topics...?

Moving on, the Russian visit was already a fiasco, letting Russian photographers into the Oval Office was stupid. Of course the Russians immediately shared those photos, the WH cried foul but come on, what did you think was gonna happen...

I was expecting another twitter tantrum from Trump this morning, all we got was a weird non-denial denial. /dissappoint.
By Nausi 2017-05-16 10:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny, the press has been flat out wrong so often with trump I don't understand how libs can still give them any credit.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-16 10:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, remember when Hillary Clinton leaked out classified nuke response information despite not having the authority to during the debate and no liberal cared because it was Hillary?

Good times!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-16 11:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Hey, remember when Hillary Clinton leaked out classified nuke response information despite not having the authority to during the debate and no liberal cared because it was Hillary?

Good times!

Trump isn't a Clinton, Nausi. Only Clintons are allowed to mishandle classified information. Read the Constitution, jeez.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 11:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

All it inferred is that Trump released classified information without saying what that classified information was.

In my opinion, that's the proper way for the press to handle classified information.
Tell that to Flynn, Manafont, and Page.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-16 11:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sharing all of this with Russian spies try and stop me !
By fonewear 2017-05-16 11:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »

Too many trigger words in one sentence...does not compute !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-16 11:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Maximum trigger engaged !
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 58 59 60