YouTube Video Placeholder
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-03-20 22:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Evlkairi said: »
Thank you all for the replys, well i do have ragnarok and if i remember right i upgraded to 119 version.

Was kinda hoping Scythe wold be on top of GS but i do like GS anyways, and even tough ppl suggest Drk is not very high in the tiers atm it always was my fav job and will always be so ill just deal whit it and try to max it the best i can.

Don't be swayed by what people say about scythe, I continue to have fun doing great damage with mythic despite having Rag as well. As others said before, Lib, Apoc & Anguta have their place. Lib is by far the best weapon for casting, so if you do end up favouring Great Sword it will always be a useful weapon in your arsenal. Of course, forging a mythic is an adventure but it is mostly soloable on Thief (nyzul tokens being the exception). Either way, working on getting Ragnarok up to Afterglow as well as acquiring Valorous/Odyssean/Sulevias/Flamma sets will help a great deal.

You missed out on the latest Domain Invasion Campaign which handed Valorous/Odyssean out like sugar-coated doughnuts all doused in cream. When that rolls around again you could spam it all day (or week) long and pick them up with minimal effort. Til then, make sure you get all the decent reforged pieces, damage taken gear, and magic accuracy pieces. Jumalik Helm and Mail are nice .. and other Sinister Reign pieces could serve as stopgaps.

Don't forget about dark magic skill for Endark and HP for Souleater/Dread Spikes! There's lots of gear around which isn't mentioned in the OP's guide unless you look way back in the comments. Lastly, I strongly suggest you fully unlock Torcleaver and Quietus (either by getting Calad/Redemption to 90 or building a Magian Weapon) if you didn't already. They'll serve as Light/Dark skillchain options in Capacity Points parties.

If you'd like to ask me any questions, feel free to private message and I'll answer the best I can.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-03-20 23:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Psycooo said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
DRKs seem upset that RDM got buffed, and now want the title for most emo.
you must be going for the troll title then.
Excuse me? That's my title:

[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-03-21 02:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Elemental/Fotia gorgets and belts add 0.1 ftp, not 25/256 % http://ftp. A WS with 5.0 ftp will only be increased to 5.1 and a 10 ftp WS will only be increased to 10.1. The higher the ftp of the WS before gorget/belt, the smaller the increase will seem.
fTP is always expressed as a fraction of 1024. 25/256 for the belt and gorget is correct.

The point I was making is that it is a flat 0.1, not 10% ftp as was suggested above my reply.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-03-21 02:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What...the hell did I just walk into?
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-03-21 03:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thorva said: »
Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
This is the "i do 30k savage blades on the secondary party as rdm/sch with 0 buffs" troll bait again, please post those 8k regular hits with calad (and with regular i mean every hit, you sounds as if every hit is 8k 8k 8k lol) and then you'll have your claim, other than that this is all waa waa make calad because "reasons".
It is funny you talk about troll bait when you do the exact same thing, especially after the 30k savage was proven, as well was the rdm is a dd, as rdm was on par or beating many "better" DD jobs with rema weapons.

There is a bigger problem than someone coming in and saying they can do something that nobody else can do.

It is the fact very few people can replicate it, so other players act like little children with their "pic or it didn't happen" then ignore any and all evidence that proves it is possible. The childish mentality of "I can't do/see it, means it can't happen." Needs to just die out already.

People argued with me for months trying to say reso/rag was the best dps option, people argued with me saying scythe can't DD, now.... months later people are doing the very same thing I was saying long ago. Congrats, you are more behind the curve than they were.

The 8k hits is very possible, really not a far reaching concept, it wouldn't be 100% of the time, if anything you might be able to get a 15-20%

Assuming you have sam roll from a half decent cor you can lower your sTP in gear during tp phase and change it out for more crit rate gear.

For the sake of argument lets say you have 20% crit rate gear, stacked with AM3 on empy weapon, which is triple damage 50% of the time AND it procs on multi-hit. That means 10% (not likely, but possible) of your hits can deal triple dmg crit gear. No it won't happen all the time, but a few is enough to make a difference.

With yetshila and valorous feet alone that is an additional 9% crit Dmg.

I really don't see how this isn't a possible concept, especially when so many people in the past have already dealt this dmg. Then again... it looks like you are still on the bluwagon so I can see why you don't believe anything anyone would tell you differently.

On a final note, don't praise someone that subs /war and pops all ja with a human geo and 5 tiers of smite to hit a whole 38k spike dmg reso. That is pretty average for drk right now. You want context on what some of us are doing? we are testing on crabs in the lowest possible attk+/mob-def situations so we can get a base line of what drk is capable of.

If for some dim witted reason you think you need to /war and burn every ja you have for -55% def (depending on merits and if you kill your own dps by using reforge feet) when you are already capping attack on drk/sam very easily, at least ds/nv drain 3 and dread spikes so you don't get 3 shot by a lvl 129 crab.

As for schah? Drk is the clear winner all day long on schah, arcane circle/crest. A drk will keep up with if not beat a war all day long. No top geared war will ever mop the floor with a top geared drk. Even during mighty strikes a drk can run soul enslavement and keep solid pace with a war. Tack on 9k hp, souleater/bloodweapon, not only are you better defensively but you will surpass that war.

Just because someone post a video of themselves doesn't mean it is a great video or even good evidence. It means they hit record. That is it. Videos and pics are garbage information, all it is, petty *** swinging where everyone can see your flaws as you toot your own horn on how great you think you are because apparently you play with bad players that for some terrible reason can't beat you. I *** hate using pics/videos, but it seems little kids think that is the only way to prove anything, even then they get butt hurt and ignore the information when you post it, instead they follow trash videos barely staying alive against a 129 crab thinking that is amazing dps and a great way to play.

Want real data, parse everything, parse against everyone you play. Beat people with lesser buffs than they have, beat people on lower jobs, go spend hours each week tweaking your gear. NEVER under any circumstances think you are the best or you have the best gear or nobody can beat you or that you can't do better. That is the moment you stop getting better and begin to decline.

Thorva be honest, a cropped parse pic and a couple SS with dmg spikes prove nothing, well yea 1 thing, you did 30k twice gratz but do you know why i thought those pics were hard to believe? Because i had in my aeonic group a couple rdms con bis gear and rhe only time they broke big numbers were with buss?

But yea, end of semitopic for me
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-03-21 08:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

nearly any job with savage blade can break 30k, the ws is just very exploitable and rdm can do it better than most (all?) simply due to the fact they have massive +str and mnd together (spells). Ive broken 40k on drk lots of times too, but normally have just sub of 30k on most things when buffed properly. Plus having actually done events with Thorva I can tell you that yes, 30k is a very common occurrence, and if this surprises you idk why.... doesnt your blu have sequence too? Mine does and I can break 30k on blu just fine on helms which would have less str/mnd than a rdm. All the cors/blu/war who we use for savage spam on helms in my ls also dont have an issue, maybe it wont avg-30k, but mid 20s is a real common occurrence. I can remember our ls cor savaging 28k on a schah once, with me, another blu, and a war all pulling in 22-24k~ avg too same fight. Same ***happens when we do worm, teles, T3s etc. Omen bosses too where I've dozen 100+ by now with thorva also is very easy to get 30k on savage buffed.

Lets try to stop attacking each other personally. I think its childish in general that is happening every drk forum, but I can see that it will be a forever thing. Just because you havent done something doesnt mean someone else hasnt. Just because you dislike a person does not make them a bad player, maybe just a bad person. Its that simple.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-03-21 10:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Azagarth you said it, with buffs and all that i believe almost anything but calling numbers on 150 content -unbuffed- is another story but hey if im wrong, kudos to him.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-03-21 10:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

When was the last time you did 150 content unbuffed? would it even be winnable lol? Would be kinda fun to have a challnege since so many are easy now. 18 hr pw go!
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-03-21 10:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
nearly any job with savage blade can break 30k, the ws is just very exploitable and rdm can do it better than most (all?) simply due to the fact they have massive +str and mnd together (spells). Ive broken 40k on drk lots of times too, but normally have just sub of 30k on most things when buffed properly. Plus having actually done events with Thorva I can tell you that yes, 30k is a very common occurrence, and if this surprises you idk why.... doesnt your blu have sequence too? Mine does and I can break 30k on blu just fine on helms which would have less str/mnd than a rdm. All the cors/blu/war who we use for savage spam on helms in my ls also dont have an issue, maybe it wont avg-30k, but mid 20s is a real common occurrence. I can remember our ls cor savaging 28k on a schah once, with me, another blu, and a war all pulling in 22-24k~ avg too same fight. Same ***happens when we do worm, teles, T3s etc. Omen bosses too where I've dozen 100+ by now with thorva also is very easy to get 30k on savage buffed.

Lets try to stop attacking each other personally. I think its childish in general that is happening every drk forum, but I can see that it will be a forever thing. Just because you havent done something doesnt mean someone else hasnt. Just because you dislike a person does not make them a bad player, maybe just a bad person. Its that simple.

Hey I hate everyone equally :0!
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-03-21 13:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

When was the last time you did 150 content unbuffed? would it even be winnable lol? Would be kinda fun to have a challnege since so many are easy now. 18 hr pw go!

That's where his claims of 30k+ savages came, just pointing that out lol and no, i dont do 150 unbuffed.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-03-21 13:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »

That's where his claims of 30k+ savages came, just pointing that out lol and no, i dont do 150 unbuffed.
Hey I do 150 Unbuffed! (I'm usually dead ...) lol
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-03-23 15:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
CRAWLING IN MY SKINNNNN
Did you use...souleater first?
{Last Resort}
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-03-23 15:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

CRAWLING IN MY SKINNNNN
{Last Resort}
:0 be epic souleater>last resort>bezerk and watch whm lose their mind! Or just use apoc ;0
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-23 15:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »
Numbers and logic are painful things.

I guess.
RDM just needs a pair of dice ...
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-03-23 16:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2017-03-23 16:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

CRAWLING IN MY SKINNNNN
{Last Resort}
:0 be epic souleater>last resort>bezerk and watch whm lose their mind! Or just use apoc ;0

If that helps anyone, I use a /party warning in my macro for Souleater.
Which let me use Last Resort Berserk and then Soul Eater, on anything up to Omen Bosses w/o dieing, even if i get hurt for 1k+ dmg per hit.
Of course in that situation, 5k+ HP, dreadspikes, a solid PDT for emergency, and a whm "normal", are mandatory.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1499 days between previous and next post]
By Yzen 2021-04-30 10:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Any macro palette layouts posted anywhere [with /sam sub]. New DRK and want to get a sense of what folks use most often on the go - thanks.
 Cerberus.Castien
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Castien 2021-04-30 12:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I would post this in the main DRK forum Don't Fear the Reaper
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2021-05-26 11:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts on Drk Group 2 Merits? I am currently @5/5 Diabolic Eye & Desperate Blows. I see some are taking 5/5 Dark Seal? Is this a thing? Or, just random discussion on maxing out each spell/ability even though it is not possible to have it all?
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2021-05-26 11:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Drk merits have been pretty much set in stone since job ability augments were added on relic armor. Going all in on Last Resort with recast, effect, and desperate blows is a no-brainer, and 5/5 dark seal with relic head and ratri+1 feet is required for 100% uptime on drain3's HP boost.

/edit
I don't think HQ feet are strictly necessary for 100% uptime. NQ should work, but having the extra 5% duration is more room for error during that little window while Drain3 HP is on and JAs have just reset. I think its a 6 second window with NQ and a 15 second window with HQ.
[+]
 Leviathan.Aqeeb
Server: Leviathan
user: Aqeeb
By Leviathan.Aqeeb 2021-05-26 11:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Otomis said: »
Thoughts on Drk Group 2 Merits? I am currently @5/5 Diabolic Eye & Desperate Blows. I see some are taking 5/5 Dark Seal? Is this a thing? Or, just random discussion on maxing out each spell/ability even though it is not possible to have it all?

Max duration from Relic head, so you can full time HP+ with NV/DS Drain 3. As long as you can drain your target you can full time 5000+ HP, landing a darkness burst youll sit at 9999HP.
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2021-05-26 13:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Aqeeb said: »

Max duration from Relic head, so you can full time HP+ with NV/DS Drain 3. As long as you can drain your target you can full time 5000+ HP, landing a darkness burst youll sit at 9999HP.

I am landing over 5k now as mithra without DS, Just wondering if I should change; And IF I change, which, diabolic eye or desperate blows. I will be changing from Apoc to GS soon as I am getting to nearly BiS gear sets. A welcome change for DPS, just worry about getting death smacked all the time, even with /Drg. Wondering what other Drk mains are utilizing?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-26 14:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Most DRKs I know are making the switch from GSWD to Scythe, not the other way around, these days.

Schere Earring is an amazing tool for survivability while improving dps- not often a pairing we get. And Scythe synergizes so much better with Schere due to Entropy allowing you to refill your MP to 100% even when used against mobs without MP, and still fits into the long chains that Scythe loves.

And Sakpata fits into lovely TP sets for pretty much any DRK RMEA outside of Liberator, also improving both dps and survival at the same time. One needn't move to Caladbolg to take advantage of what Sakpata offers.

I'd reconsider "moving" from Scythe to GSWD. Not saying you shouldn't build one, its important to have options, but that doesn't mean that your scythes should gather dust.
[+]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2021-05-26 14:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Most DRKs I know are making the switch from GSWD to Scythe, not the other way around, these days.

Schere Earring is an amazing tool for survivability while improving dps- not often a pairing we get. And Scythe synergizes so much better with Schere due to Entropy allowing you to refill your MP to 100% even when used against mobs without MP, and still fits into the long chains that Scythe loves.

And Sakpata fits into lovely TP sets for pretty much any DRK RMEA outside of Liberator, also improving both dps and survival at the same time. One needn't move to Caladbolg to take advantage of what Sakpata offers.

I'd reconsider "moving" from Scythe to GSWD. Not saying you shouldn't build one, its important to have options, but that doesn't mean that your scythes should gather dust.

I love being a Scythe Drk. Just coming back now for 2.5 months after 9 years gone. I enjoy the versatility and fineness of Scythe. I figure, if I wanted to just smash hulk smash, I would play War, lol. Thoughts on Group 2 merit balance?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-26 14:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I love being a Scythe Drk. Just coming back now for 2.5 months after 9 years gone. I enjoy the versatility and fineness of Scythe. I figure, if I wanted to just smash hulk smash, I would play War, lol. Thoughts on Group 2 merit balance?

I'm pretty vanilla in that regard- 5/5 Dark Seal, 5/5 Desperate Blows.
[+]