Random Politics & Religion #20

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #20
Random Politics & Religion #20
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 43 44 45

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-16 15:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Josiahkf said: »
Meanwhile when KN says he can theorize about a budget proposal that no one in Washington would like and say I also can, he says no you can't.
Fine then, why don't you give us a real US national budget (highlights are ok in this case) where the politicians are not going to like it.

I said that because I highly doubt you know what a national budget looks like.

Everything is free from the government, housing, education, food, healthcare, entertainment, everything.

100% Tax on all income over $12,000 USD per year, 100% Tax on all corporate profits.

There just *fixed* the economy Progressive style.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-16 15:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Daily reminder:

There is no evidence that Trump colluded with the Russians to steal the election.
Gotta keep saying it over and over to convince yourself or something?
If we're being neutral about this, both posts were.
Nausi's point was that, regardless of what some posters believe in, it's not going to happen. Trump is not going to be impeached today.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-16 15:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Meanwhile when KN says he can theorize about a budget proposal that no one in Washington would like and say I also can, he says no you can't.
Fine then, why don't you give us a real US national budget (highlights are ok in this case) where the politicians are not going to like it.

I said that because I highly doubt you know what a national budget looks like.

Everything is free from the government, housing, education, food, healthcare, entertainment, everything.

100% Tax on all income over $12,000 USD per year, 100% Tax on all corporate profits.

There just *fixed* the economy Progressive style.
Still doesn't count. I can produce a workable, realistic budget that nobody (Republicans nor liberal/democrats) would want.

What you said, liberal/democrats crave.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-16 15:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Let me elaborate.

National budgets are hard. While not impossible, they are hard to figure out without an accounting degree, and hard to figure out with an accounting degree. Especially hard when you are figuring out a national budget for people without accounting degrees.

But the biggest headache of them all? Everyone has an agenda, which is why presidential budgets always get changed, but the framework stays.

Which is what I'm thinking is going to happen this time. We may have a lot of Congressmen/women/lizards who have never seen a budget before (unless they been in DC since the Bush days), so there's going to be a lot of questions about the president's budget.

Nice to see the law being upheld again.
True strike. Things have gotten cringeworthy at almost every step of the process, from both sides of this.

I do not envy the situation your officials are in.
The thing is, our officials have their committees that look at one aspect of the budget (Defense committee looks at the defense spending, while Foreign Affairs committee looks at State Dept. spending) and make their changes there.

What Trump proposed is a complete budget. What Congress is going to do is propose mincemeal portions of the complete budget and vote on it (therefor bloating it sky high). Trump is either going to sign off on it or reject it, where they either start again, or go pass the veto barrier, at 67 Senate votes and 2/3rds of whoever shows up at the House that day.

That's normal procedure. Problem is, they have until the end of April to at the very least extend spending to the end of the FY or there will be another government shutdown.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2017-03-16 16:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Democrats should come out in support of the very liberal Trump budget. Ends the Republican sequester, doesnt change the deficit or the debt, doesnt touch entitlements. Conservatives must be losing their minds in Congress.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-16 16:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Canada's plan for world domination is in motion, Justin Trudeau went on a date with Ivanka Trump! Now we only have to wait for the Donald to turn America into a monarchy!
Now you know why we won't build the wall on the Canadian border. It's our master plan on taking over Canada.

Why we are taking over Canada? To save you from yourselves. Also, syrup. Lots and lots of syrup.

The easiest way to take over Canada is to say "Please lay down your arms" they will reply "okay"
>>Implying Canada has arms to even lay down.
The military fights with snowballs

I hear there's an effort among Canadian politicians to increase the variety of weapons that the Canadian military will have at its disposal, including weapons of biological warfare. The new budget will include provisions for disposable gloves so that soldiers will be able to throw moose droppings in the near future.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-03-16 16:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Finding it hard to take American politics seriously these days. Its like watching an episode of Family Guy with South Park Drawings and Simpsons' sarcasm.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-16 17:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Finding it hard to take American politics seriously these days. Its like watching an episode of Family Guy with South Park Drawings and Simpsons' sarcasm.

Don't worry when war comes to Europe again we will be there to fight your wars !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-16 17:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

See that is the beauty of America everyone hates us till it's time to stop a foreign invader...then all of the sudden everyone loves us again !
By Viciouss 2017-03-16 17:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you personally expect another government shutdown to happen?
Nothing seems surprising at this point.

It would be fairly shocking to see a shutdown with the GOP in the WH and controlling Congress, not to mention humiliating. But there is a showdown coming become Trump/Ryan and the Tea Party/alt-right. Don't worry about what the Dems are doing, don't believe any of the deflection or distraction, there is gonna be a fight over entitlements.
Trump made it a big part of his campaign that he would not cut entitlements, specifically Medicare and Social Security. He was very clear about it and so far he has held to that. It would be a major betrayal to go back on it and so far he hasn't shown he is willing to even consider breaking a campaign promise. (Of course there isn't gonna be a border wall but thats beside the point right?)
The Tea Party has never cared about any of that stuff, they only care about getting their way and they have already forced out a Speaker with their tantrums. The pressure will be on Paul Ryan, side with Trump's plan or side with the alt-right. The Dems will be happy with anything that doesn't touch entitlement programs, especially if the Republican sequester goes away. Some of those cuts probably won't happen and the military probably will see a smaller number, but somebody is definitely going to get burned.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-16 17:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Democrats should come out in support of the very liberal Trump budget. Ends the Republican sequester, doesnt change the deficit or the debt, doesnt touch entitlements. Conservatives must be losing their minds in Congress.
....you haven't even seen the proposed budget, have you?

You want Congress to sign off on an increase in spending on Defense while decreasing almost everything else (except Transportation, which, somewhat surprising, got the biggest bump of them all, percentage-wise).
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-16 17:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump made it a big part of his campaign that he would not cut entitlements, specifically Medicare and Social Security.
...err, I don't remember him saying anything about Medicare and Social Security.

Can you point to the class where the liberal touched you when you were a child where and when Trump said that?

The Dems will be happy with anything that doesn't touch entitlement programs, especially if the Republican sequester goes away.
....you seriously didn't read or even look at the budget, did you?

but somebody is definitely going to get burned.
You, obviously.

Hate to break it to you, but a government shutdown isn't going to lead to Trump's impeachment, no matter how much you wish it to happen.
By Viciouss 2017-03-16 17:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess you werent really paying attention to his campaign..or anything else he has said. Plenty of results on Google tho, here is one: No changes to SS and Medicare

Also don't know why you had to double post to say absolutely nothing.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2017-03-16 19:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

"I grew up in the Westboro Baptist Church. Here's why I left"
Megan Phelps-Roper

YouTube Video Placeholder

I grew up on FFXIAH and I barely escaped...
By fonewear 2017-03-16 19:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Also 15 minutes I can summarize the video a lot faster: Don't believe what people tell you to believe. Done I saved you 15 minutes.
By fonewear 2017-03-16 19:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This woman sounds like she belongs in Canada also with the "can't we all just get along nonsense" No we can't all get along. That is why we are Americans !
By Viciouss 2017-03-16 19:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fone I will just take your word for it since you summarized the video for me.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-16 19:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me elaborate.

National budgets are hard. While not impossible, they are hard to figure out without an accounting degree, and hard to figure out with an accounting degree. Especially hard when you are figuring out a national budget for people without accounting degrees.

But the biggest headache of them all? Everyone has an agenda, which is why presidential budgets always get changed, but the framework stays.

Which is what I'm thinking is going to happen this time. We may have a lot of Congressmen/women/lizards who have never seen a budget before (unless they been in DC since the Bush days), so there's going to be a lot of questions about the president's budget.

Nice to see the law being upheld again.
True strike. Things have gotten cringeworthy at almost every step of the process, from both sides of this.

I do not envy the situation your officials are in.
The thing is, our officials have their committees that look at one aspect of the budget (Defense committee looks at the defense spending, while Foreign Affairs committee looks at State Dept. spending) and make their changes there.

What Trump proposed is a complete budget. What Congress is going to do is propose mincemeal portions of the complete budget and vote on it (therefor bloating it sky high). Trump is either going to sign off on it or reject it, where they either start again, or go pass the veto barrier, at 67 Senate votes and 2/3rds of whoever shows up at the House that day.

That's normal procedure. Problem is, they have until the end of April to at the very least extend spending to the end of the FY or there will be another government shutdown.

Oh I was just showing what the ultimate Democrat plan would be. It would fail miserably like all such plans do.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-16 19:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah we see a lot of blanket hating on here and I just can't relate to it at all motivation wise;

Me either. What kind of weirdo hates blankets.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-16 19:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
yeah we see a lot of blanket hating on here and I just can't relate to it at all motivation wise;

Me either. What kind of weirdo hates blankets.

Disagreeing with a Progressive is considered hate speech.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 43 44 45