Random Politics & Religion #19

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 82 83 84
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-10 12:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
I don't think anyone cares about being taken seriously by climate deniers. Certainly no one wonders about it.
You know, your argument would hold more weight and your accusation of "climate deniers" would hold more weight if climate science was preformed like science instead of the political wing of the liberal left.
By fonewear 2017-02-10 12:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone cares about being taken seriously by climate deniers. Certainly no one wonders about it.

I agree !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-10 12:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
So, we got people here who are ok with supposedly highly accredited agencies using unverified data and ignoring internal protocols so they can push an agenda, and when called out on it, create a strawman argument (manipulation) and say that the whole thing is based off of nothing.

And then deflect, deflect, and more deflect.

And these people wonder why nobody takes them, nor what they stand for, seriously anymore.
Don't worry climate science is just too complicated for you to unravel by yourself. That's why we pay the government to tell us the world is gonna end.
Yeah, we should just trust them.

And believe! If you believe hard enough, it might come true!
By fonewear 2017-02-10 12:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Japanese Prime Minister is talking says he is going to ban anime from America *crowd cheers*
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-10 12:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Japanese Prime Minister is talking says he is going to ban anime from America *crowd cheers*
Yeah, I would ban anime from America too.

I mean, have you seen the type of ***we produce?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-10 12:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Trump say we plan on keeping Godzilla out of Tokyo and that seemed to go over well !
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-10 12:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
The honeymoon will end soon.

can't hear you over all this winning!

Enjoy it while it lasts, don't forget to take your profits off the table.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-10 12:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If it were me I would rebrand it to something simpler for people to understand....

climate change - that happens every three months it's called seasons!
global warming- aka summertime!

how anout we call it a "Reduce Air Polution Emergancy!"
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 12:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, your argument would hold more weight and your accusation of "climate deniers" would hold more weight if climate science was preformed like science instead of the political wing of the liberal left.

Just throwing this out there: isn't it awfully convenient that the vast majority of people who can see the "truth" of the "climate change lie" are the people who just so happen to profit massively from industries that engage in the exact behaviors that supposedly cause the problem?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-10 12:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you!!! and I'll do that!

[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-10 12:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I could go for some global warming right about now. It's 20 degrees out and about 8 inches of snow.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 12:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you!!! and I'll do that!

SEE? HONESTY!

REFRESHING!

Like being in a party with a bard, red mage, corsair, and...I don't know what refreshes anymore, I haven't played in a year...but like being in a party with all of them at once who are actually refreshing you!
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 12:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Just throwing this out there: isn't it awfully convenient that the vast majority of people who can see the "truth" of the "climate change lie" are the people who just so happen to profit massively from industries that engage in the exact behaviors that supposedly cause the problem?

Like, seriously. If they would just say "*** you, this is way too profitable to cut back on and we have the money, we write the rules. Deal with it."

It'd still be a problem, but it'd be honest and it'd be a place to start!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-10 12:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Counterpoint: Isn't it awfully convenient that the vast majority of people who pushes the global warming initiative are the very people who profit from such research in terms of government grants, donations, and tenure? Profit enough that, if evidence is presented that would show either no change or that global warming is something other than man-made, they would go to great links to attack such evidence and/or produce results using unethical and/or unscientific means.

Fraud by any other name.....
By fonewear 2017-02-10 12:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to see Eskimos surfing then I'll start to believe in global warming.
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 12:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Except your counterpoint doesn't work, because the "profit" for most people is having an environment that isn't ***. Not a Scrooge McDuck-like vault of dolla-dolla-bills, y'all.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-10 12:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What if I told you people deny global warming just to piss off liberals...sounds good enough for me !
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 12:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What if I told you people deny global warming just to piss off liberals...sounds good enough for me !

...it would make more reasonable sense than bending over backward to deny something that's clearly happening.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-10 12:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I could go for some global warming right about now. It's 20 degrees out and about 8 inches of snow.

see!? that's the problem. every *** up here in clevelnad is like.... yeah....I don't really see the downside... /shovels three feet of snow

I WANT THE WARM NOW!!!

[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-10 12:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe global warming will be good. I'll go outside more an exercise !
By fonewear 2017-02-10 12:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys got to put a negative spin on everything...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 12:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

see!? that's the problem. every *** up here in clevelnad is like.... yeah....I don't really see the downside... /shovels three feet of snow

I WANT THE WARM NOW!!!

I like snow! I like winter! >:(
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-02-10 12:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

New Scrooge McDuck-like vault of dolla-dolla bills is my new favorite phrase.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-10 12:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Except your counterpoint doesn't work, because the "profit" for most people is having an environment that isn't ***. Not a Scrooge McDuck-like vault of dolla-dolla-bills, y'all.
So, are you saying that these scientists who study global warming is doing it for free, on their free time, using their own money to produce such research?

Also that those same scientists don't have influence over government policies or even global policies? That they are doing this all without any hint of the power that comes from making policy decisions?

Protip: Stop taking those meds, they are warping your perception of reality.
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 12:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
New Scrooge McDuck-like vault of dolla-dolla bills is my new favorite phrase.

[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-10 12:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Profiting from global warming sounds like a good business plan. Constantly hammer about doom and gloom. Get people to buy shitty electric cars.... profit !
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-10 12:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
climate science is just too complicated for you
Finally you say something true.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-02-10 12:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Man is not capable of affecting the climate in the way libs want believe them to be. But even if we were, pumping out a bunch of co2 and/or warming up a degree or two has plenty of positives to look forward to.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-10 12:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I like snow! I like winter! >:(

BOO! WINTER SUCKS! ENDLESS SUMMER!

I need to see Eskimos surfing then I'll start to believe in global warming.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 82 83 84