Random Politics & Religion #19

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 82 83 84
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-10 09:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Wow Trump can't even get a majority of people to consider him truthful in a conservative poll. Hard times.

Bro, you supported Clinton.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 09:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Wow Trump can't even get a majority of people to consider him truthful in a conservative poll. Hard times.

Feels like a poor defense.

Can't we agree supporting Clinton or Trump is dumb?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-10 09:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonders how the partisan fanatics are going to feel post 2020 when California jumps up to 110 electoral votes.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-10 09:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Feels like a poor defense.

Can't we agree supporting Clinton or Trump is dumb?

Preaching to the choir here, Ramy. That has nothing to do with the point, though. It makes zero sense for a Clinton supporter to make fun of Trump for honesty problems. That's all. It's not excusing Trump for anything.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-10 09:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Wonders how the partisan fanatics are going to feel post 2020 when California jumps up to 110 electoral votes.

They'll feel great, because most of them will apparently be in California.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-02-10 09:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Some guy threw a Molotov cocktail into a train in Hong Kong

17 injured, some seriously
By Viciouss 2017-02-10 09:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You are going to have to come up with a different excuse eventually. Clinton lost, I don't care, she is probably laying on a beach somewhere. Saw Obama went kitesurfing, something everyone should do at least once in their life.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-10 09:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You are going to have to come up with a different excuse eventually. Clinton lost, I don't care, she is probably laying on a beach somewhere. Saw Obama went kitesurfing, something everyone should do at least once in their life.
You still don't get it.

During the election Trump was considered more honest than Clinton most of the time. Since nobody is going to do a poll about an ex-presidential candidate and their trustworthiness, it's safe to say that, going by historical figures, Trump is still considered more trustworthy than Clinton.

And you cheerlead for Clinton. Can you honestly say (without sounding like a partisan hack) that Clinton is more trustworthy than Trump?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 09:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Trump was considered more honest than Clinton most of the time

Which is saying something when he is verifiably lying half the time.

Or just wrong. I mean, I should be fair and admit it's possible he just doesn't know what the *** he's talking about so as far as he knows, he's being entirely honest.

...this is making a lot more sense now that I think about it.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-02-10 09:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, as I understand it, what we would need to do to fix the environment isn't possible with our current system of life... people would have to sacrifice too much comfort and such as well as a radical reform over the years to change the way some businesses operate...

That being said it doesn't mean we should do nothing... for one reducing pollution is a good thing for our own long term health and welfare... destroying the environment needlessly to make a buck off something is also against our own long term interests... a lot of people seem to be way too short term in their thinking about all of this... it all seems to boil down to a money thing these days in the energy sector on both sides...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 09:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Some guy threw a Molotov cocktail into a train in Hong Kong

I'm seriously shocked this ***doesn't happen daily in every metropolitan area across the globe. That it doesn't is actually a pretty ringing endorsement for humanity, honestly.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-02-10 10:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If your only defense is that you're more honest than Clinton... it's kinda like saying that you smell better than a dog turd... it means pretty much nothing... you still smell terrible even if it's better than something that's even worse...

I mean, if you're like Rav, and you're just trying to shut someone up by saying oh hey your guy is worse I kinda get where you're coming from at least... but when it comes down to who's in office how does it really suit us all that much better if the person we have in office is only considered a little more honest than HRC because as you've pointed out she's pretty much the worst in that department...

I guess with trump you get the boisterous nature behind it all... he's definitely more entertaining... personally I'm still holding out hope for his success but we will see...
By Viciouss 2017-02-10 10:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You still don't get it.

During the election Trump was considered more honest than Clinton most of the time. Since nobody is going to do a poll about an ex-presidential candidate and their trustworthiness, it's safe to say that, going by historical figures, Trump is still considered more trustworthy than Clinton.

And you cheerlead for Clinton. Can you honestly say (without sounding like a partisan hack) that Clinton is more trustworthy than Trump?

Who cares? Why does this even matter? Trump is the President. He has a trust problem. He has a myriad of problems. What is he doing about it? Pouring gas on the fire.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-10 10:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
If your only defense is that you're more honest than Clinton... it's kinda like saying that you smell better than a dog turd... it means pretty much nothing... you still smell terrible even if it's better than something that's even worse...
It's still better than having an argument for arguments' sake.

Kindof like how you are doing it right now.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-02-10 10:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone here support Trumps attempt to issue this travel ban? If so would you mind explaining why you do?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-10 10:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You still don't get it.

Who cares? Why does this even matter? Trump is the President. He has a trust problem. He has a myriad of problems. What is he doing about it? Pouring gas on the fire.
And yet, still is viewed better than the candidate you supported.

Enjoy that mug of liberal tears.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-10 10:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone here support Trumps attempt to issue this travel ban? If so would you mind explaining why you do?
Support? Not really.

Understand the actual events and not the hyped up version you find on liberal media? Absolutely.

This is just a review of the current procedures and policies made on visa issuance on 7 well-known terrorist-laden countries. You don't do a complete review and still work at the same time.

That's like trying to fix a machine while it's running full-tilt.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-02-10 10:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It really isn't... all it really reveals is that you have nothing of substance to add to the matter so you just say oh well at least this guy isn't as bad as that guy... it's a child's argument...it's not meant for debate or anything other than a mindless rebuke...

Rav stated his only purpose of even using it is to point out that an HRC supporter calling out hypocrisy is just hypocritical... not that there's any defense for the lie itself...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 10:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

And yet, still is viewed better than the candidate you supported.

Enjoy that mug of liberal tears.

Just so we're clear, this air of smug superiority and your casual dismissal of anyone who doesn't agree with you is likely why the mods don't do anything when you're "personally attacked."

You're like a sibling holding your finger a hair from your brother's face going "I'm not touching you" and then getting mad when your parents aren't sympathetic when your brother socks you in the gut.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-02-10 10:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This is exactly what you are doing. Just trying to harp on Clinton as if anyone cares. There is no "mug of tears." Its been nonstop laughter for the last 3 weeks. Trump has had zero good days in the WH. Every story they put out is negative. Every tweet is negative. The cracks are starting to show in the GOP and Trump is doing nothing.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-10 10:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't care one way or another. The implementation was botched and it should be slightly revised, but he has the authority to do it as shown by previous presidents. My biggest issue is with these activist judges who are trying to stop the order because they hate Trump because they can't personally understand the importance of it. I guess "rule of law" and "my personal opinion" are kind of a gray area with these so-called judges.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 10:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The cracks are starting to show in the GOP

Unfortunately I think this is a little optimistic on your part.

They've got the run of the place for another year at the very least and let's be honest; the weaker Trump gets the better it suits the mainline GOP's purpose.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-10 10:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Rav stated his only purpose of even using it is to point out that an HRC supporter calling out hypocrisy is just hypocritical... not that there's any defense for the lie itself...

[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-10 10:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

"SEE YOU IN COURT" -el Presidente
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-10 10:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't care one way or another. The implementation was botched and it should be slightly revised, but he has the authority to do it as shown by previous presidents. My biggest issue is with these activist judges who are trying to stop the order because they hate Trump because they can't personally understand the importance of it. I guess "rule of law" and "my personal opinion" are kind of a gray area with these so-called judges.

These so called judges make Judge Judy look credible !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-10 10:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Not only should we ban Muslims we should ban Canadians Mexicans and most of Europe !
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 10:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

These so called judges make Judge Judy look credible !

Don't you dare impugn Judy! Don't you dare!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-10 10:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've banned Muslims form my life and I got to tell you I feel a lot better...
By fonewear 2017-02-10 10:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

From *

You guys should try it go out find some Muslims and tell em your banned ! Go back to Syria !
By Viciouss 2017-02-10 10:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
The cracks are starting to show in the GOP

Unfortunately I think this is a little optimistic on your part.

They've got the run of the place for another year at the very least and let's be honest; the weaker Trump gets the better it suits the mainline GOP's purpose.

Well he is definitely trending downward.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 82 83 84