Random Politics & Religion #19

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 82 83 84
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2017-02-08 10:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
This is the core problem of progressive religion
Versus teaching creationism.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-02-08 10:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
In titties news: people are protesting in Argentina against an order that forbids women to sunbathe topless.

In a move of solidarity, all women the world over should go topless for the day. that'll show em'!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-08 10:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Versus teaching creationism.

Teach the controversy, Seha!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-08 10:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
I don't think we're going to get a free trade agreement with EU
You don't need to cause soon there won't be one at all. Le Pen is projected to win elections in France(especially now with the scandal that buried Fillion, the moderate right candidate), and M5S is projected to win in Italy and doom us.

I mean, I guess Germany and Benelux could decide to stick together but you can hardly call that a EU.
Guide Maker
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
By Crystal Neptunia 2017-02-08 10:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
In titties news: people are protesting in Argentina against an order that forbids women to sunbathe topless.

In a move of solidarity, all women the world over should go topless for the day. that'll show em'!
It's february, it's cold in this hemisphere!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-08 10:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you not understand why it is of utmost importance that every citizen has access to education without being discriminated in any form, including class?

You can't eliminate human nature from the equation....without getting rid of all the people.... I looked into it.

The really real problem here in the states is a complete lack of parental involvement and encouragement for kids to do well in school in the inner cities and rural poor.

Which would naturally have to be based on the parents belief that their children can succeed/get ahead by going to school.

"The schools failed me so the schools will fail you" parental attitude in the inner cities and poor communities created a self defeating cycle of failure you can't spend your way out of / fix without a time machine.

We're reaping a whirlwind of a much larger problem we created with the destruction of the family in the inner city poor community.

All we gotta do is put the families back together...that should be easy right?

Then we just educate all the adults to be able to find gainful employment and rebuild their faith in a system that has failed them for seventy years and whammy...

/lights the trump signal

I'm sure he can EO his way out of this one.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-08 10:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
What they are scared most about is that since private schools do not require their educators to be in unions

What I'm more worried about is private schools don't require teachers to be teachers, or to have any expertise in the fields they teach.

Most quality private schools obviously have that because they're quality schools.

But poor people don't get access to those schools. They get the ***charter schools that have poor standards and ulterior motives -- liberal or conservative, take your pick, they're both out there.

Cry as you will about teachers unions, but I, for one, never had a public school teacher try to impose any ideology on me, even when their own leanings were quite obvious.

Yep they dictate their own standards and do require teachers and administrators to be certified. They simply don't have to adhere to requirements or "regulations" if you will.

That's not saying there aren't quality private and charter schools out there that adhere to national standards, but it's also not pretending that sub standard over glorified for profit day cares posing as schools don't exist either.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-08 10:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Do not require certification *
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-02-08 10:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how you people dig through walls of text and find points be they valid, invalid, right, wrong, etc.

Every time I see a wall of text in here, I'm like "oh, that must be Trump's wall. That ought to keep the Mexicans out."
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-08 10:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Do you not understand why it is of utmost importance that every citizen has access to education without being discriminated in any form, including class?

You can't eliminate human nature from the equation....without getting rid of all the people.... I looked into it.

The really real problem here in the states is a complete lack of parental involvement and encouragement for kids to do well in school in the inner cities and rural poor.

Which would naturally have to be based on the parents belief that their children can succeed/get ahead by going to school.

"The schools failed me so the schools will fail you" parental attitude in the inner cities and poor communities created a self defeating cycle of failure you can't spend your way out of / fix without a time machine.

We're reaping a whirlwind of a much larger problem we created with the destruction of the family in the inner city poor community.

All we gotta do is put the families back together...that should be easy right?

Then we just educate all the adults to be able to find gainful employment and rebuild their faith in a system that has failed them for seventy years and whammy...

/lights the trump signal

I'm sure he can EO his way out of this one.

So painfully true.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2017-02-08 10:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Crystal Neptunia said: »
It's february, it's cold in this hemisphere!

that'll REALLY show em'!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-08 10:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I don't know how you people dig through walls of text and find points be they valid, invalid, right, wrong, etc.

Every time I see a wall of text in here, I'm like "oh, that must be Trump's wall. That ought to keep the Mexicans out."

Mexicans on the intrawebz!!!!???

We need a firewall!!!

Make the Internet Great Again.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2017-02-08 10:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
So painfully true.

It's all pretty obvious if you were a product of it.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-08 10:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I like when Nik forgets to boycott.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-08 10:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So painfully true.

It's all pretty obvious if you were a product of it.

That or you saw it in others going through motions/system while you grew up. Or in my wife's case, work at a title 1 where the parents of her students are late teens - early 20 middle school dropouts.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-08 10:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the idea was silly... And i do genuinely worry about the future of the UK outside the EU. I think you already know i voted stay.
I know bits/pieces of the plan. Nothing really definite except the general, broad idea of it all.

Why do you think this is bad for the economic stability for the UK?

I don't think we're going to get a free trade agreement with EU. /o/
That's not true. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it's not going to happen period.

But i also feel the 48.1% of us who voted to stay than leave, is being ignored. (My Local MP is one of the few from labour who are voting no. Thank you!!!)
That's the problem with absolute votes like this. The decision is mutually exclusive from one another. Either "stay" or "leave" but you cannot have both. It's the same concept with the US presidential election, both candidates cannot be president at the same time.

Let me ask you this then: If you voted to "leave" but the "stay" vote won, would you still feel the same way?

Edit: (because i can haha!!)
ABUSE OF MODERATOR'S POWERS!!!!! DOWN WITH THE LINA!!!!!!!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-08 10:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

What I'm more worried about is private schools don't require teachers to be teachers, or to have any expertise in the fields they teach.

And Facebook isn't required to hire people who know IT, or People, or Coding to be their IT people, their Social managers or their developers, yet you bet your *** off they do. Outside of very limited situational licensing (EE / ME / CDL stuff), companies are free to hire whomever they want. Companies with bad hiring practices sink or at best tred water, those with good hiring practices excel and grow.

Education is no different, it's a industry even if those involved refused to acknowledge it. Right now that industry is almost entirely controlled by bureaucrats who are more concerned with building their own empires and pocketing their own fortunes then doing any actual education. And because they have a government sanctioned virtual monopoly, there is no real competition and thus no incentive to develop or excel. The US's Education Industry is just like that one ISP who's the only provider for the area charging $60 USD a month for slow unreliable 10Mbps connection speeds.

Breaking the back of teachers unions is absolute required to create competition in the Education Industry. Once they no longer have that sacred monopoly, they would be forced to innovate and cut the excess bureaucratic fat to compete with the leaner private companies.

But poor people don't get access to those schools. They get the ***charter schools that have poor standards and ulterior motives -- liberal or conservative, take your pick, they're both out there.

This is a red herring at best. There are standards required for all educational institutes to adhere to, failure to do so results in them having their license to operate revoked. Each state has it's own diploma requirements and state wide testing standards, those don't magically go away. Finally parents talk to each other and bad institutes will be outed quicker then not, and they still have the "free" public education system which they are now being forced to use.

Cry as you will about teachers unions, but I, for one, never had a public school teacher try to impose any ideology on me, even when their own leanings were quite obvious.

I've seen it, as has many others. You won't recognize it as a child / student because your in learning mode. You are learning what the teachers teaching and if their are hard progressives they will put it into their material, even if it's just in the tone and nature of the discussion and how they guide it. In Universities that ***gets out of control and professors will crater someone's grade quick if they find out their thinking isn't towards "the correct ideology". The only courses that are unaffected are the ones not dealing with anything remotely related to politics and interpreted history, basically STEM courses.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-08 10:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

And private schools don't have that problem today?

They are better standards than private schools though....
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2017-02-08 10:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shame on you all for bickering over nonsense while bare argentinian titties need our support!

SHAME!!!
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-02-08 10:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shame on you all for bickering over nonsense while bare argentinian titties need our support!

SHAME!!!

Sheds a tear for Argentina.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-08 10:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »

SHAME!!!

Sheds a tear for Argentina.

Hey.

Look at yourself in the mirror, take a deep breath and say,
"Don't cry for Agentina, me."
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-08 10:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-08 10:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Mexicans on the intrawebz!!!!???

We need a firewall!!!

A wall of fire, you say? To keep people out?

*strokes beard*

Go on...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-08 10:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah. I chimed into the thread in a serious fashion about education before remembering "I don't have kids and the only person who is going to give a damn about me in my old age is me, so I don't actually *** care."

*** hypotheticals. Let them be a bunch of stupid little miscreants, they weren't going to do squat for me anyhow.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-08 10:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Even people without children should be concerned about education, if not for the goddamn improvement of the species, at least because they will be future voters that will infact affect your life (unless you're about to die any moment).
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-02-08 10:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Even people without children should be concerned about education, if not for the goddamn improvement of the species, at least because they will be future voters that will infact affect your life (unless you're about to die any moment).
This, bad education is why when you go to McDonald's, Burger King, etc and order a burger with no pickles the cashier has to call over a manager because there is no "without pickles" button.

Then you get your burger and it still has pickles on it. So yes, you should care about education.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-08 10:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

if not for the goddamn improvement of the species
The only way the human race can improve is to either A) become something other than humans or B) wipe each other off the face of the earth.

I hope we evolve to catgirlspeople.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-08 10:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

we'll just legalize weed and they'll all forget to vote!...
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-08 11:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think America lost an enormous opportunity by not electing the only decent candidate available.

Joe Exotic.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-02-08 11:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
This, bad education is why when you go to McDonald's, Burger King, etc and order a burger with no pickles the cashier has to call over a manager because there is no "without pickles" button.

Then you get your burger and it still has pickles on it. So yes, you should care about education.

We'll eventually evolve to this:
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 82 83 84