Forum » Windower » General » modifying skillchains.lua
modifying skillchains.lua
 Asura.Icewell
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Icewell
By Asura.Icewell 2017-01-27 11:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the skillchains.lua for one thing only, the timer for the window for when you can do a skillchain. All that text that takes up the screen is pretty useless in my opinion. Is there any way to get rid of it?

https://github.com/Ivaar/Skillchains
By Sammeh 2017-02-12 15:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I mod'd Ivaar's skillchains lua pretty heavily. Added in Aeonic aftermath options and BST Pet options.

https://github.com/SammehFFXI/Skillchains
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-02-12 18:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably a noob question but how do I increase the font size? I tried to modify line 59 but still look really small.
By Sammeh 2017-02-12 21:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

can manually edit settings.xml in the data folder then reload.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2719 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2024-07-24 14:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone been able to use this? I get a error at loading it saying expected "(" at like 468.

The original one crashes after using a couple weapon skills, so I was looking for something that worked.
 Asura.Yottaxa
Server: Asura
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2024-07-24 15:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tdizzle said: »
Has anyone been able to use this? I get a error at loading it saying expected "(" at like 468.

The original one crashes after using a couple weapon skills, so I was looking for something that worked.

I've never had any issues, but you could try this one, it has prime ws's added, I think there are a couple forks around that have primes.

https://github.com/posimagi/Skillchains/tree/master
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2024-07-25 18:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using ashita unfortunately, although they look virtually identical. Seems to always happen when i try to skill chain with aeonic aftermath up and use kings justice, but not sure. Definitely went an hour using other ws with no issue.
VIP
By Lili 2024-07-26 04:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using ashita unfortunately, although they look virtually identical. Seems to always happen when i try to skill chain with aeonic aftermath up and use kings justice, but not sure. Definitely went an hour using other ws with no issue.

That addon doesn't work on Ashita, if it does you either have an Ashita-specific version that someone made, which could be bugged, or it is using the windower shim - an ashita-specific library that is able to make some windower addons work on ashita. The windower shim is notoriously good but not perfect, so the crashes might come from there.

Either case the best place to ask for help on this is the Ashita discord.
[+]
By Sevu 2024-07-26 16:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »

That addon doesn't work on Ashita, if it does you either have an Ashita-specific version that someone made, which could be bugged, or it is using the windower shim - an ashita-specific library that is able to make some windower addons work on ashita. The windower shim is notoriously good but not perfect, so the crashes might come from there.

Either case the best place to ask for help on this is the Ashita discord.

There is a Ashita port of Ivaar's. Not sure how good it is though.

https://github.com/Sippius/Ashita-v4-addons/tree/main/chains