Random Politics & Religion #17

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #17
Random Politics & Religion #17
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 28 29 30

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-30 16:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoosh.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-30 19:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Now KN is lying about what is going on in Syria and the role the US is playing over there. Ok sure. Probably should move on from that topic KN. Ceasefire lasted a couple of hours btw.
I'm assuming you are talking about the Russia ceasefire that the US was not part of the talks.

I hate to break it to you, but it happened.

Please try to keep up with foreign affairs for now on, ok? I know you don't care, you are still in mourning for Clinton's assrape of an election, but if you are going to call somebody a liar, make sure they are truly lying and you aren't making accusations out of your *** (like usual), k buddy?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-30 19:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
They arent going to give you secret information on how it happened or how they found out russia involvment, thats never going to happen.

And I'm supposed to take their word for it why? The super-duper trustworthy government and president who clearly does not have a case of sour grapes say Russia did a thing but won't prove it, and it's totally justified and not just another way of trying to delegitimize Trump's fair victory.

Ok so you want the US to share how they can be hacked and how they get intel? Sounds like a great plan.
Didn't you read the report? That's exactly what the FBI/DHS did. Although not in specific detail, the whole point of the report was to show how it could be done. Also for the reader to make the leap of logical faith to tie Russia with the hacks.
By Viciouss 2016-12-30 21:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Now KN is lying about what is going on in Syria and the role the US is playing over there. Ok sure. Probably should move on from that topic KN. Ceasefire lasted a couple of hours btw.
I'm assuming you are talking about the Russia ceasefire that the US was not part of the talks.

Please try to keep up with foreign affairs for now on, ok? I know you don't care, you are still in mourning for Clinton's assrape of an election, but if you are going to call somebody a liar, make sure they are truly lying and you aren't making accusations out of your *** (like usual), k buddy?

Broken in hours. Stop lying.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-30 21:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Broken in hours. Stop lying.
Still active as of right this minute

Gawd Vic, you are seriously out of touch.

Just admit, your lord and savior Obama was irrelevant in this newfound peace. Just because you want this war doesn't mean that those who are in it do.
By Viciouss 2016-12-30 22:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No KN. There is shooting everywhere. Know why? Because the rebel groups didn't sign a ceasefire, so why stop shooting? There are skirmishes going on all over the country, the rebels don't care about Putins PR stunt. Better luck next time. This isn't hard at all.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-30 22:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

An Actual Trinity-Denying Heretic Will Pray at Trump’s Inauguration
The Resergent

Quote:
Paula White is a trinity denying heretic. She rejects the Council of Nicaea’s creed that every Christian accepts. To reject the orthodoxy of the Nicene Creed is to reject Christianity itself. You can see Paula White do this in the video above. And Paula White is going to pray at the inauguration.

Why does it matter? I don’t think anyone thinks Trump takes his faith serious (if at all), but Paula White claims to do so and claims to be a Christian. The President of the United States putting a heretic on stage who claims to believe in Jesus, but does not really believe in Jesus, risks leading others astray. Christians have an obligation to speak in defense of their faith. Trump letting this heretic pray in Jesus’s name should offend every Bible believing Christian.

I’d rather a Hindu pray on Inauguration Day and not risk the souls of men, than one whose heresy lures in souls with promises of comfort only to damn them in eternity. At least no one would mistake a Hindu, a Buddhist, or an atheist with being a representative of Christ’s kingdom.

Roman Emperor Constantine called the First Council of Nicaea in AD 325 to settle a growing controversy in the Christian church. Was Christ part of the God-head or was he the first fruit of creation? The Council of Nicaea, in June of AD 325, settled the issue.

Jesus Christ is the second person in the trinity, the only begotten son of God. The phrase “not an iota of difference” comes from this debate. It centered around the Greek word homoousios, meaning “of same substance,” versus the word homoiousios, meaning “of similar substance.”

The heretic Arius, who had taught Christians a song with the line “there was a time the son was not,” argued that Jesus Christ was the first born of creation, but was not the eternal, begotten son of God. He argued that Christ was made of a similar substance, but was not God. Arius’s view was rejected at Nicaea. One of the bishops of the church rebuking the Arian heresy was a guy we now call Santa Claus, St. Nicholas of Myra.

Since AD 325, it has been settled in the orthodoxy of the Christian church of every single Christian denomination that Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God. Re-iterated in the First Council of Constantinople in AD 381, the Nicene Creed as we know it today contains these line:

I believe in one God the Father Almighty,
Maker of heaven and earth,
And of all things visible and invisible:
And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God,
Begotten of his Father before all worlds,
God of God, Light of Light,
Very God of very God,
Begotten, not made,
Being of one substance with the Father,
By whom all things were made;

This is literally 1,691 year old settled orthodoxy of every Christian denomination. Presbyterians, Catholics, Orthodox, Methodists, Baptists, Anglicans, and other Christian denominations, along with a few Episcopalian churches all say this creed. It, along with the Apostles Creed, are the two major, foundational creeds in Christendom.

So it should be a pretty damn big deal that Donald Trump is inviting to pray at the inaugural an actual, factual heretic who rejects the Nicene Creed.

Paula White, a prosperity gospel charlatan and Trump’s “spiritual advisor,” is going to pray. In the video above you can see White, in her own words, rejecting the trinity. She claims Jesus Christ is the first born of creation and not the only begotten son of God.

That is well settled and agreed upon heresy by every single Christian denomination. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. To utter those words is to not be a Christian. It is that simple.

Barack Obama was the first President to mention atheists in his inaugural address and Donald Trump will now go a step beyond that. He is inviting an actual trinity-denying heretic to pray at his inauguration.
Please note how this is all Obama's fault.

By crimsondragon 2016-12-30 23:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
To reject the orthodoxy of the Nicene Creed is to reject Christianity itself.

Sorry. But, no. Christianity is about acceptance and forgiveness. Rejecting something someone came up with to make sure everyone was in the cool kids club doesn't make you a heretic. It also doesn't make you a non Christian.

I guess I don't see how Obama factors into the whole thing. Unless the entire article was written just to throw mud.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-12-31 03:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I've recently been introduced to the history of the Marshal Islands. I have a Japanese colleague at work who has spent the last 4 months talking to me none-stop about it.

Unfortunately, when I researched everything he was telling me, it turned out to be true.

Poor Okinawa.. poor Japanese...

I now know why the JP community in XI have stuck with "JP Onry" for so long...

Seriously, is there a corner on this planet that hasn't been absolutely *** by US foreign policy?
Its starting to look like being a US ally means being their ***.
By Blazed1979 2016-12-31 03:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-31 10:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No KN. There is shooting everywhere. Know why? Because the rebel groups didn't sign a ceasefire, so why stop shooting? There are skirmishes going on all over the country, the rebels don't care about Putins PR stunt. Better luck next time. This isn't hard at all.
Oh my god are you this stupid? Can't you even read about the ceasefire?

Quote:
Call it a pop-up alliance. After spending much of this year berating each other after Turkey shot down a Russian jet over the Syrian-Turkish border, the two governments are suddenly the "honest brokers" of a ceasefire in Syria -- one that is designed to lead to political negotiations. The United States, which has long championed the stuttering diplomatic process on resolving the Syrian conflict, is nowhere to be seen.

The ceasefire -- negotiated between Russia, Turkey and the Syrian government as well as Iran and Syrian rebel groups supported by Turkey -- explicitly excludes factions deemed by the United Nations Security Council as "terrorists." This rules out the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and Jabhat Fateh al-Sham, the former al Qaeda affiliate in Syria that used to be known as Jabhat al-Nusra.

Seriously, for crying out loud, this is a ceasefire for the civil war, not the terrorist attacks that are occurring at the same time.

There has got to be a limit to your stupidity.

Also, next time, if you want to call somebody out on their information, present your own next time instead of looking like a lunatic all the *** time.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-31 10:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

crimsondragon said: »

Sorry. But, no. Christianity is about acceptance and forgiveness. Rejecting something someone came up with to make sure everyone was in the cool kids club doesn't make you a heretic. It also doesn't make you a non Christian.

I guess I don't see how Obama factors into the whole thing. Unless the entire article was written just to throw mud.
No, Chanti is being snarky. She is still in mourning for the loss of her preferred candidate.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-31 10:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Happy New Year even to liberals *bites tongue*
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-31 10:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we can all agree, 2017 is going to be better than 2016.

Mainly because Obama isn't going to be president anymore!

/happydance.jpg
By fonewear 2016-12-31 10:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

2016 wasn't the worst year ever:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2016-12-31 10:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess Hillary and Syria had a bad year I'll give them that. But if you were in a first world country stop the bitching !
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-31 10:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

crimsondragon said: »

Sorry Crim but accepting the Nicean trinity is central to Christianity. You know, the Father, Son, and holy Spirit bit. Its why a LOT of Christians think the Mormons aren't Christian.

The Resergent is a far right Christian source, so everything has to be Obama's fault as far as its authors are concerned.

No, Chanti is being snarky. She is still in mourning for the loss of her preferred candidate.
Nope, Its right there in the article.
Quote:
Barack Obama was the first President to mention atheists in his inaugural address and Donald Trump will now go a step beyond that. He is inviting an actual trinity-denying heretic to pray at his inauguration.
And I always knew that Bernie had no chance at all.

P. S. I think it far worse that Paula White is a prosperity gospel preacher than a believer in the Arian heresy.

P. P. S. While I agree with you Crim about what Christianity is supposed to be, for far to many Christians its all about being judgmental. But most American Christians are heretics. (I could go on at great length about heresies, you have been warned.)
By fonewear 2016-12-31 10:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know I find Atheists to be more judgmental than Christians. Because for people that don't believe anything...they sure like to *** a lot !
By fonewear 2016-12-31 10:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

And please don't give us a History lesson on Christianity because some random Atheist will claim they are the expert !
By fonewear 2016-12-31 11:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

"Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do. Love!"

Donald J Trump
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-31 12:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, Its right there in the article.
Quote:
And I always knew that Bernie had no chance at all.

P. S. I think it far worse that Paula White is a prosperity gospel preacher than a believer in the Arian heresy.

P. P. S. While I agree with you Crim about what Christianity is supposed to be, for far to many Christians its all about being judgmental. But most American Christians are heretics. (I could go on at great length about heresies, you have been warned.)
You? Not snarky?

That's like a Vic who posts sources, or Altima being non-trolly.

It just doesn't exist!
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-31 12:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You? Not snarky? ...
Well I wasn't being snarky right then.

I did snark a bit in my next post. I would hate to disapoint you after all.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-12-31 12:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-31 12:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry just because Obama isn't going to he in office I'll still blame him for the ***we are in for in 2017.
By fonewear 2016-12-31 12:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a long standing tradition of blaming the last President for the ***the next President has to clean up.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-31 12:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You? Not snarky? ...
Well I wasn't being snarky right then.

I did snark a bit in my next post. I would hate to disapoint you after all.
Embrace your snark.

Don't try to change your ways for my or anyone else's benefit!

Also: @ Skaljf, that picture is still going to get mod edited. Bad "censorship" and still missed "hell."
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-31 17:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry Crim but accepting the Nicean trinity is central to Christianity. You know, the Father, Son, and holy Spirit bit. Its why a LOT of Christians think the Mormons aren't Christian.

No, it's not necessarily central to anything. It's a compromise in beliefs that makes absolutely zero sense because anyone who could have set the record straight had already been dead for centuries. People can believe whatever they want, but to say that the only true Christians are the ones who accept the creed simply doesn't compute.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-31 18:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
No, it's not necessarily central to anything. It's a compromise in beliefs that makes absolutely zero sense because anyone who could have set the record straight had already been dead for centuries. People can believe whatever they want, but to say that the only true Christians are the ones who accept the creed simply doesn't compute.
Look, we aren't talking logic here. We are talking theology.

Also, as far as I am concerned, Christians are ALL lapsed Jews.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 28 29 30