Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 39 40 41
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-19 13:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Nearly 300, not 430.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-19 13:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The elector in question was replaced by an alternate... but another in Maine voted for Sanders over Clinton. So yeah, I probably won't bore you more with this since this is turning out to be a huge nothingburger in spite of all the media hype.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-19 14:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
That was the cold war Fone.

Although it did get hot in spots.

Cold war I prefer my wars medium to hot !
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-19 14:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

9 dead at a Christmas market in Berlin after a truck drove into people

By fonewear 2016-12-19 14:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
The elector in question was replaced by an alternate... but another in Maine voted for Sanders over Clinton. So yeah, I probably won't bore you more with this since this is turning out to be a huge nothingburger in spite of all the media hype.

I've always considered Maine a part of Canada all tuck away up there !
By fonewear 2016-12-19 14:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
9 dead at a Christmas market in Berlin after a truck drove into people

This would have never happened if they would have kept of that damned wall !
By fonewear 2016-12-19 14:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

kept up *
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-19 14:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

They suspect it's a terrorist attack but nothing confirmed yet
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-19 14:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Maine's an okay place if you just ignore all of the killer clowns, telekinetic teenagers, cursed cemeteries, rabid St. Bernards, etc.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-19 15:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-19 15:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It would have to escalate to be a world war. So far it hasn't. But expect the worst from 2017. Lots of elections and changes in power, plus the nerves of some countries on edge.
I shouldn't have to mention that we are in the middle of a cyber war that affects the entire industrialized world and not a few third world countries. Its been going on for at least 20 years.

Just like the cold war it hits all the definitions of a world war.

Quote:
world war
noun
noun: world war; plural noun: world wars

a war involving many large nations in all different parts of the world. The name is commonly given to the wars of 1914–18 and 1939–45, although only the second of these was truly global.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-19 17:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Death threats. Stalking of electors. Millions of emails. Protests around the country. All in an attempt to destroy the electoral process. Final tally for Trump?

304 out of 306.

So close.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-19 17:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Maine's an okay place if you just ignore all of the killer clowns, telekinetic teenagers, cursed cemeteries, rabid St. Bernards, etc.
Man, is Maine really as bad as a Stephen King story?

Yes, I get the joke
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-12-19 17:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Likely hoping for the long game. With Sanders having a vote, wouldn't it make him eligible to be chosen if 50 (or whatever number it was) refused to vote Trump. Not like a republican any congress would chose him over Trump or even Clinton anyway.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-19 18:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Likely hoping for the long game. With Sanders having a vote, wouldn't it make him eligible to be chosen if 50 (or whatever number it was) refused to vote Trump. Not like a republican any congress would chose him over Trump or even Clinton anyway.
Not really. Sanders, as far as I knew, did not officially drop out of the race. Just like Ben Carson, Ted Cruz, and almost all of the Republicans who ran didn't drop out of the race. They just didn't actively run.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-12-19 18:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So we've had Islamic Terrorist attacks in Turkey, Switzerland and now Germany all in one day.

Oh wait, we're not allowed to call reality as we see it... Glad when that changes on the 20th January 2017.

[+]
By Viciouss 2016-12-19 18:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Call it whatever you want it has no impact.
By Ruaumoko 2016-12-19 18:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Call it whatever you want it has no impact.
Have to disagree with you here.

The first step in fixing a problem is acknowledging that there is one to begin with.

Islam is a religion in desperate need of it's reformation and it seriously needs to recognize that it needs one, then act on it, before the extreme far-right backlash gets any more momentum.
[+]
By Viciouss 2016-12-19 18:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, tell that to the 50,000 dead isis fighters.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-12-19 19:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Islam is a religion in desperate need of it's reformation and it seriously needs to recognize that it needs one, then act on it, before the extreme far-right backlash gets any more momentum.
So you can distinguish an extreme far-right but can't separate an entire religion from its own extremists. How does that work?
By fonewear 2016-12-19 19:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not terrorism unless you get a certificate of authenticity !

[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-12-19 19:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
So you can distinguish an extreme far-right but can't separate an entire religion from its own extremists. How does that work?
Simple.

Far right extremism.

Islamic extremism.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-19 20:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So we've had Islamic Terrorist attacks in Turkey, Switzerland and now Germany all in one day.

Oh wait, we're not allowed to call reality as we see it... Glad when that changes on the 20th January 2017.

I agree. Hopefully we can get rid of all religious *** trying to influence social and political action.
By fonewear 2016-12-19 21:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

I agree. Hopefully we can get rid of all religious *** trying to influence social and political action.

Are you the faithless elector I've been reading about in the papers !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-19 21:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

We all know that will never happen as long as religion exists.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-19 21:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Man, is Maine really as bad as a Stephen King story?

Yes, I get the joke

Haha no it's actually quite nice and peaceful, if a bit hellishly frozen during the winter. Lots of small quiet towns in the middle of the woods, perfect place to imagine all sorts of nasty stuff that acts on humans own fear of isolation and loneliness.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-19 21:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't happen because ideology, which is the same as religion, will still exist. Instead of believing in some great and fearful sky god they believe in some great and fearful ideas. The concept of "God" is merely an idea with human like traits being superimposed over it and no different then any other idea.
By fonewear 2016-12-20 08:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

People have been killing each other since the beginning of time. It's part of our nature. I don't see how religion or politics will stop this...
By fonewear 2016-12-20 08:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Denying the violent nature of man is denying man itself. So you can think you are more evolved than your fellow man but sadly you are not.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-20 08:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

People have been killing each other since the beginning of time. It's part of our nature. I don't see how religion or politics will stop this...
And people will continue to kill each other.

Religion is usually the go-to scapegoat and excuse to use for killing one another.

"For the Motherland!"
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 39 40 41