Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 39 40 41
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-16 14:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

A long explanation of all the webs of magic these guys did.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/james-comeys-clinton-immunity-1475017121

That his why FBI said they wouldn't charge Clinton, there is no evidence that she was directly informed because her Lawyers and Aids acted like legal shields around her. Someone would inform one of her Lawyers or Aids that there was potential for illegal stuff, they would then nod their head and nothing they said to Clinton would be admissible in court as it would be protected under client attorney privilege. They then went even further and had the Justice Department offer immunity to everyone involved so that anything they did learn couldn't be used in any legal proceedings. This is why the FBI Director used the wordings he did when he said he wouldn't recommend charges.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director-james-b-comey-on-the-investigation-of-secretary-hillary-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system

The FBI doesn't prosecute, it only investigates. The Justice Department does the prosecution, they are the lawyers of the Federal Government. The Justice Department didn't want Clinton involved in any way, mostly due to them working for President Obama and him endorsing Hillary / party politics / so forth. Justice Department made it impossible for the FBI to actually obtain any evidence that could survive in a criminal court.

Quote:
Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.

Quote:
In our system, the prosecutors make the decisions about whether charges are appropriate based on evidence the FBI has helped collect. Although we don’t normally make public our recommendations to the prosecutors, we frequently make recommendations and engage in productive conversations with prosecutors about what resolution may be appropriate, given the evidence. In this case, given the importance of the matter, I think unusual transparency is in order.

Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. Prosecutors necessarily weigh a number of factors before bringing charges. There are obvious considerations, like the strength of the evidence, especially regarding intent. Responsible decisions also consider the context of a person’s actions, and how similar situations have been handled in the past.

In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice. We do not see those things here.

To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-16 16:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
It is legit impressive any of you have enough patience that when you see any post catering pure pettiness that you do not just straight up close this tab like I do very often.

But opt to reply sincerely. bravo.

I didn't read this but something about reading...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-12-16 17:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So the counter argument is an official statement stating no clear evidence. Um, ok... thanks?
By fonewear 2016-12-16 17:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd suggest instead of random arguments over nothing "incoherent ramblings of psychotics with a keyboard".
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-16 18:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
And now, ladies and gentlemen, we have finally come to the point of the title of this thread.

Random Politics & Arguing over Nothing.

No argument. Back to your regularly scheduled lunacy.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-12-16 18:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What was the question again Russia bad ? Cause Putin on the Ritz ?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-16 19:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It is legit impressive any of you have enough patience that when you see any post catering pure pettiness that you do not just straight up close this tab like I do very often.

But opt to reply sincerely. bravo.
Are you talking to yourself again?

You know, there's doctors out there who can help you with the voices in your head....
I strongly recommend you work on your reading comprehension skills and will simplify my post to help you.

It is impressive any of you have enough patience [to do that thing] because I do not.
Bolded the addressee for you to help you further.
So, basically you came in this thread just to say that you don't have the patience to be in this thread?

Then why are you here?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-16 19:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You're getting closer but not there yet.
Don't feel too bad Jos.

It's not just me, nobody here knows what the *** you are talking about.

Just let it go.jpg
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-16 19:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You're getting closer but not there yet.
Don't feel too bad Jos.

It's not just me, nobody here knows what the *** you are talking about.

Just let it go.jpg
Last time I'm spelling it out for you since our dialogue here now is a waste of both our time.
Spoilers have no power here!

#4Rooks
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-16 19:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiet people I'm trying to handle my unconscious bias:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jo-lahman/handling-unconscious-bias_b_13658936.html?section=us_women

I have been told that my non-traditional family setup is the “new normal.” However, as I look around, I still see significant differences between my family situation and that of the vast majority of my friends and colleagues. Since the first of our two children was born 11 years ago, my husband has been the primary caregiver. While we both assumed our roles with relative ease and comfort, surprisingly, our home arrangements are still unusual, and we are often the recipients of unconscious bias.

The decision for my husband to stay at home was an easy one. I loved my job; he didn’t love his. I earned more than he did; and I was excited to go back to work (part-time to start with), and he was excited at the prospect of staying home with our daughter.

One of the many benefits of our family arrangement is that work is more straightforward for me compared with working mums who also take on the primary caregiver role. Travel and weird working hours are not an issue for me, nor are school holidays and sick children. I am also extremely lucky to have a great deal of flexibility in my job to work from home reasonably frequently, so even though I’m working, I’m still around home a lot of the time.

But as with all things out of the norm, there are a range of different attitudes and judgements from others on our family situation. My husband and I have both experienced unconscious bias in different forms. Typically, it is not unkind or judgmental, it merely hangs off the traditions of a “normal” family makeup of mum being the primary caregiver. The text messages to me instead of hubby asking for play-dates when it’s known I’m working out of town. The term “Mr. Mum,” like being “Dad” isn’t quite enough. The raised eyebrow when the response to “What does your husband do?” isn’t what is expected.

Occasionally, there are those comments that hit a bit deeper and give us pause to think if we are doing it “right.”
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-16 19:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess even if you are unware that you are biased...you are still biased. That is how psychologists make all that "couch money"
By fonewear 2016-12-16 19:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just when you thought the bar couldn't get any lower some woman on Huff Post sets a new record of rambling psycho babble that would have Freud spinning in his grave !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-16 19:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Just when you thought the bar couldn't get any lower some woman on Huff Post sets a new record of rambling psycho babble that would have Freud spinning in his grave !
I don't know, it's not exactly about sex and dreams....
By fonewear 2016-12-16 19:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know, it's not exactly about sex and dreams....

Reducing Freud to sex and dreams offends my sensibilities. He is the father of psychoanalysis and should be treated as such !

Without out Freud every psychologist would look and sound like Dr. Phil. Asking "how does that make you feel" instead of actually analyzing anything !
By fonewear 2016-12-16 19:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

And no I'm not drunk just a little bit drunk !
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-16 20:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess even if you are unware that you are biased...you are still biased. That is how psychologists make all that "couch money"

Yep and because it's "unconscious" they can attribute anything and everything to it, can makeup whatever they want and have to provide exactly zero proof.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-16 20:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Yep and because it's "unconscious" they can attribute anything and everything to it, can makeup whatever they want and have to provide exactly zero proof.

I'm so damn biased that I can't tell Donald Trump from Donald Duck...wait what ?

Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-12-16 23:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-17 01:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm... I know the thread titles in here get confusing, but weird Japanese doorknob fetishes get filed under the "Random Thoughts" thread.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-17 09:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Hmm... I know the thread titles in here get confusing, but weird Japanese doorknob fetishes get filed under the "Random Thoughts" thread.

If you read the fine print anything remotely sexual is a fetish !
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-17 10:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

If you read the fine print anything remotely sexual is a fetish !
Know what my fetish is?

Trump-senpai.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-17 10:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-17 16:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I've posted this before but it's good to be reminded

MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-12-17 19:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-17 20:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I've posted this before but it's good to be reminded

Got to love that Obama foreign policy.

Now that we have a better leader*, maybe something can be done about this.

*Disclaimer: Regardless of what your viewpoint of Trump is, he is already showing to be a better leader, as he's not doing the "do it my way and *** you, you racist ***" way that Obama has been doing it for the past 8 years.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-17 20:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Yeah it's great you have a leader that has condoned war crimes on live tv, stating he thinks we should target women and children.
Taking a page from the Trump protesters still crying over the election:

Obama is #NotMyPresident
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 39 40 41