Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 39 40 41
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-12 16:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Would have been better if they photoshopped Trump into this next to Bin Laden
By fonewear 2016-12-12 16:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Would have been better if they photoshopped Trump into this next to Bin Laden

Better:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-12 17:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Do you remember when obama came out a few weeks ago and said there was no reason to doubt the election results?

Yea... and? I just think he wants an investigative report on how Russia attempted to influence the election? I don't think he is questioning the results.
There's been no added revelations since that point. How does this story become news?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-12-12 17:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Story already two days old. Why still become news?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-12 18:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

For some reason suddenly Benghazi comes to mind...why?
By fonewear 2016-12-12 18:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This Russia thing will be beaten to death brought back to life in January then beaten to death throughout 2017.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-12 18:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I suggest we nuke a insignificant place like Vatican City. Put up a Wal Mart then move on !
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-12 18:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

For some reason suddenly Benghazi comes to mind...why?
Real corruption and deceit vs facts I don't like narrative libs can't get over the steamrolling they got.
By fonewear 2016-12-12 19:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

"And then they realized, they were no longer little girls: they were little women"

Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-12 19:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I suggest we nuke a insignificant place like Vatican City. Put up a Wal Mart then move on !

Let's nuke the kaaba in retaliation for the next terrorist attack.
Then the dome on the rock, grand mosque etc, until the attavks stop or we run out of targets
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-12 19:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

Let's nuke the kaaba in retaliation for the next terrorist attack.
Then the dome on the rock, grand mosque etc, until the attavks stop or we run out of targets
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-12 19:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said: »
Let's get back to bashing media/politicians/liberals/conservatives/donkeys/elephants/me.
You smell like rat turds.
By Viciouss 2016-12-12 19:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you remember when obama came out a few weeks ago and said there was no reason to doubt the election results?

Yea... and? I just think he wants an investigative report on how Russia attempted to influence the election? I don't think he is questioning the results.
There's been no added revelations since that point. How does this story become news?

What about the reports that the GOP was hacked as well during the election season? Oh right, its nausi, silly me.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-12 19:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

What about the reports that the GOP was hacked as well during the election season? Oh right, its nausi, silly me.
I thought you only cared if it's against the GOP or for the liberals/democrats. If the news is about the GOP where it doesn't show them in a negative light, you generally don't care/don't comment on it.
[+]
By Viciouss 2016-12-12 19:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I thought you only cared if it's against the GOP or for the liberals/democrats. If the news is about the GOP where it doesn't show them in a negative light, you generally don't care/don't comment on it.

Thanks for your inaccurate, amusing analysis. It was a quick laugh, but a laugh nonetheless.
By fonewear 2016-12-12 19:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's time to panic I've lost all faith and American democracy so I'm moving to Russia.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-12 20:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Thanks for your inaccurate, amusing analysis. It was a quick laugh, but a laugh nonetheless.
That's what you say when I actually hit the nail right on the head. So....
[+]
By Viciouss 2016-12-12 20:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No, its not. Troll someone else.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-12 20:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's time to panic I've lost all faith and American democracy so I'm moving to Russia.

careful they got bears out there, both fancy and cozy.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2016-12-13 00:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this is legit but I'm hearing from people (trying to figure out the source of this info to find out if it's legit) it the ODNI (the guys who oversee all intel in the country) is not endorsing the CIA's claims because there's no evidence.

Again, I'm just hearing this, trying to find a source that doesn't sound conspiracy theory, but I just wanna drop this here for discussion sake
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-13 00:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Much better than the Godwin attempts I've seen of Trump's Time cover. Speaking of which....

Obama's had a picture of him in a suit and looking in the same direction as one of Hitler's photographs. Can't be a coincidence.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-12-13 00:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yatenkou said: »
Not sure if this is legit but I'm hearing from people (trying to figure out the source of this info to find out if it's legit) it the ODNI (the guys who oversee all intel in the country) is not endorsing the CIA's claims because there's no evidence.

Again, I'm just hearing this, trying to find a source that doesn't sound conspiracy theory, but I just wanna drop this here for discussion sake
The ODNI and Homeland Security released a statement in October about this.

Joint Statement from the Department Of Homeland Security and Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Election Security said:
Release Date: October 7, 2016

The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations. The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process. Such activity is not new to Moscow—the Russians have used similar tactics and techniques across Europe and Eurasia, for example, to influence public opinion there. We believe, based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, that only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities.

Some states have also recently seen scanning and probing of their election-related systems, which in most cases originated from servers operated by a Russian company. However, we are not now in a position to attribute this activity to the Russian Government. The USIC and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) *** that it would be extremely difficult for someone, including a nation-state actor, to alter actual ballot counts or election results by cyber attack or intrusion. This assessment is based on the decentralized nature of our election system in this country and the number of protections state and local election officials have in place. States ensure that voting machines are not connected to the Internet, and there are numerous checks and balances as well as extensive oversight at multiple levels built into our election process.

Nevertheless, DHS continues to urge state and local election officials to be vigilant and seek cybersecurity assistance from DHS. A number of states have already done so. DHS is providing several services to state and local election officials to assist in their cybersecurity. These services include cyber “hygiene” scans of Internet-facing systems, risk and vulnerability assessments, information sharing about cyber incidents, and best practices for securing voter registration databases and addressing potential cyber threats. DHS has convened an Election Infrastructure Cybersecurity Working Group with experts across all levels of government to raise awareness of cybersecurity risks potentially affecting election infrastructure and the elections process. Secretary Johnson and DHS officials are working directly with the National Association of Secretaries of State to offer assistance, share information, and provide additional resources to state and local officials.

None of this is new information. Most of what is being discussed was talked about before election day in November.

However, depending on how the information was obtained we may not see their evidence until it is declassified in 60 years, if ever.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2016-12-13 00:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glued to my screen here and I wanna know what's going ooooooooon!!!
By Viciouss 2016-12-13 00:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing going on. The CIA and FBI agree that the Russians hacked the DNC during the election. They don't agree on their motives.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-13 06:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not so common knowledge but no secret either, but if your curious:

careful they got bears out there, both fancy and cozy.

The joke in my post is in reference to the groups who claimed responsibility. Just look up "Fancy Bear" and "Cozy Bear".
But be careful if you go to their websites.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-13 06:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Much better than the Godwin attempts I've seen of Trump's Time cover. Speaking of which....

Obama's had a picture of him in a suit and looking in the same direction as one of Hitler's photographs. Can't be a coincidence.

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-13 07:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So..... obama is Abradolf Lincler?
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-13 07:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
So..... obama is Abradolf Lincler?

(Sorry i had too)
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-13 08:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yatenkou said: »
I'm glued to my screen here and I wanna know what's going ooooooooon!!!

Stop treating this like its a flipping reality show.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 39 40 41