Anybody Got An Updated Sam Lua ??

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Anybody Got an updated sam lua ??
Anybody Got an updated sam lua ??
 Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker 2016-12-10 14:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

for those who still play sam,would you happen to have an updated Lua you can share ? thanks , been looking havent found anything but outdated stuff.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-10 15:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

A 2015 SAM lua wouldn't really be any different from a 2016 one.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-10 15:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

At most you'd be adding Last Resort rules since /DRK can be more relevant now.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2016-12-29 07:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I don't have a SAM.LUA at all and would love to have one. Yes, I read the SWAPGEAR stuff, but it doesn't really help as its not specific to SAM. It seems more geared to mages, but I know melee can use it too.

Thanks! :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker
By Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker 2017-01-30 19:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

wwww
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [55 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker
By Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker 2017-03-26 18:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

2017 sam lua ?
 Asura.Reidden
Server: Asura
user: Reiden
By Asura.Reidden 2017-03-26 20:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are so damn effen lazy that you cant search for it online. First of all, what type of lua are you looking for, bokura style or mote style? If you go to bokura's site (http://pastebin.com/u/Bokura), he updated most of his lua rules. If you do not like using a keyboard for bind keys, use bokura lua's, otherwise use motenten luas.

Edit: If you're actually looking for a lua with gear in it so that you dont have to bother writing your own gear in it, then just say so.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [249 days between previous and next post]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Zombiesamurai 2017-11-30 15:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bokuras sam lua doesnt work for me and doesnt swap my tp or ws gear
By fillerbunny9 2017-12-01 11:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs/blob/master/SAM.lua

this is the one that I use, I think. I added a couple minor things as well as my equipment, but this should be enough for anyone who really needs it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Cladbolg
Server: Bismarck
user: cladbolg
By Bismarck.Cladbolg 2018-01-11 09:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an up to date motes style lua?
I tried searching online and everything is from 2014 lol.

Thank you so much.
By fillerbunny9 2018-01-11 11:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally the post right above you that I linked a month and a half ago. Or by “up to date” do you mean “already preloaded with gear so I don’t need to do any work”?
By shielsyy 2018-01-11 11:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
Literally the post right above you that I linked a month and a half ago. Or by “up to date” do you mean “already preloaded with gear so I don’t need to do any work”?
pretty sure thats what he means lulz, but come on guys it isnt that much work to make your own
By fillerbunny9 2018-01-11 12:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

shielsyy said: »
fillerbunny9 said: »
pretty sure thats what he means lulz, but come on guys it isnt that much work to make your own

oh I am pretty helpless when it comes to actually programming, writing my own from scratch would be a nightmare. I can however take the existing framework, gut it, replace everything with my own, and even add some barebones stuff no problem. the kicker is I don't think most people realize that people use more than one piece of Reisenjima gear, which leads to everyone having their own syntax and needing to export augments anyways....
[+]
 Bismarck.Cladbolg
By Bismarck.Cladbolg 2018-01-11 12:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I meant one that has gear already.

Couple of reasons for this. It helps guide what direction to proceed with in terms of gear. E.g.. TP, TP low acc, TP mid Acc.

Second I'm fairly new to lua's and replacing existing gear is much easier. I still do export and bring in my own augmented reisen sets. Thank you.
 Bismarck.Cladbolg
By Bismarck.Cladbolg 2018-01-11 12:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The one above my first post is actually the one I'm using now. But it's super out of date.

I've noticed multiple ppl in the SAM guide requesting too. It will help a lot of us out if some one can share their updated ones. Thank you in advance.
 Bahamut.Neb
Server: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2018-01-11 12:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That Gearswap works just fine I have used it forever what do people expect these days someone to write a GS that just plays the game for them and swaps gear automatically based on the game situation without even having to use macros or any input at all FFS. Learn how to play the game be happy you have something like this to help that is my 2 cents
By fillerbunny9 2018-01-11 13:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

set discussion is in the primary job thread, using one person's .lua is not going to help much unless they are basically using the same gear as you to eliminate as much replacement as possible. additionally, you need to be using the same syntax as that person has chosen for all augmented gear.

you're best off using the Replacement feature within your .lua editor (CTRL H in Notepad++) that allows you to replace a single, or all instances of a certain piece of gear. this allows you to eliminate old items quickly and easily. don't use Twilight Torque in favor of Loricate +1? one command to fix it completely through the entire .lua.

sets change frequently, particularly as new tools like Austar's simulation sheds light on more accurate modeling of the game to tell people what is "best," not to mention that swapping a single piece may render the entire set inferior to other swaps. further, just because someone has put it in a .lua doesn't mean they are gearing effectively; they could be using 2/3 garbage and you would just be taking them at their word because the .lua is "up to date."
 Bismarck.Cladbolg
By Bismarck.Cladbolg 2018-01-11 15:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

First thank you to everyone who is genuinely trying to be helpful.

I think I understand why no one wants to share their lua.

If you share your's the rest of the forum sees what gear and augments you have, and may be you aren't as bad *** as you make your self out to be.

I mean it would not kill you to share it. So what if someone wants to be lazy and just copy gear and adjust it. All the other job forums don't mind. The elitist mentality is extra high on SAM or something?

It would literally take you 2 seconds to share your lua guys. Help the new guys out. Let us worry about the syntax etc.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-01-11 15:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

nobody is going to add the gear to your file for you
[+]
By Sidiov 2018-01-11 15:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cladbolg said: »
If you share your's the rest of the forum sees what gear and augments you have, and may be you aren't as bad *** as you make your self out to be.

I mean it would not kill you to share it. So what if someone wants to be lazy and just copy gear and adjust it. All the other job forums don't mind. The elitist mentality is extra high on SAM or something?

It would literally take you 2 seconds to share your lua guys. Help the new guys out. Let us worry about the syntax etc.

Maybe I am missing something but the file is literally shared a handful of posts above you, thats what is used. No one is going to write your gear for you.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2018-01-11 15:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

nobody here is purporting to be badass, we're all just giving you a gentle nudge to do your own work.
By zaxtiss 2018-01-11 16:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

id just hop on Github to find one but i like to search github for new shinnies lol.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-01-11 16:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Use the power of google: http://bit.ly/2CRVMTk

All those are GitHub repo updated in the last year with a SAM.lua file. Sammeh one is pretty recent with flamma+2 gear.