Forum » FFXI » Gathering » Gardening » Gardening question
Gardening question
 Bahamut.Aladus
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: aladus
By Bahamut.Aladus 2009-09-18 11:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I just recently added two gardening mules to my account, my problem is before they gimped that for new characters you would get normal yields. Now i am getting 1 item per plant. How long do you have to have a character before your account is not considered new? Am i gonna have to spend time on these characters to make sure they can garden for me properly? I know its a dumb question but i cant find the answer anywhere else..
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-18 11:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, before you harvest, make sure you turn around three times reciting, "Give me good yields." each time to provide the best results.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-18 11:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they said 90 days since creation. I'll look it up for ya in a sec.
 Bahamut.Aladus
Server: Bahamut
user: aladus
By Bahamut.Aladus 2009-09-18 11:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks alot hypnotized
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-18 11:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Gardening
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Gardening said:
During the first 90 days after an account has been created, all gardening results will be limited to a single item. (This limit was introduced on August 3rd, 2009 to counter the massive amounts of gardening trial accounts made by RMT.)

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news16664.shtml
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-09-18 11:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

my last set of rice gardening yeilded 8 stacks of taru rice, go me!!! however writing this i remembered my other batch was done and only got 5 stacks ; ;
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-09-18 11:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Another dumb gardening question: I've been gardening on myself and a mule for a long time, always planting on the full moon. But I heard somewhere that you are supposed to harvest on the full moon, not plant on it. Any rumors or speculation about that? I realize that it's difficult to know for sure about moon phase rumors, but what do you guys think?
Server: Odin
By Odin.Blackthanos 2009-09-18 16:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Liela said:
Another dumb gardening question: I've been gardening on myself and a mule for a long time, always planting on the full moon. But I heard somewhere that you are supposed to harvest on the full moon, not plant on it. Any rumors or speculation about that? I realize that it's difficult to know for sure about moon phase rumors, but what do you guys think?

It's not a dumb question at all, however I don't have a definite answer for you as this is one of those things that falls in to the same category as the whole "which way do I stand for crafting" thing. Meaning it's mostly subjective or rumor based. SE has never really come out and 100% confirmed anything to do with either as far as I know. I can tell you what I do for best results however, which is to try to "harvest" on the full moon. Again this is all subjective and I have chosen to do this because of a few friends that have been gardening for a long time before. I have had some truly awesome results doing this if all goes well and I don't "F" it up by feeding at the wrong time or ect. It's never a bad idea to try it both ways a few times on small cheap stuff first to see how it works out best for you and then go on to bigger more expensive stuff from there. Good Luck!
[+]