Hmm...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » hmm...
hmm...
 Pandemonium.Ales
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user:
By Pandemonium.Ales 2009-09-17 13:41:03
| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

How you maintain an actual life while playing ffxi? I would like to know how people do it!
 Lakshmi.Antonios
Server: Lakshmi
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2009-09-17 13:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

simple RL > FFXI (sometimes.....) lol
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-09-17 13:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It's called a wife who will punch me in the face if I don't get the *** off...

And bills. Lots of those things. Great motivator to work 40+ hours at the work place.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-17 13:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I know people who goto work and come home and veg in front of the TV all night. Its like that, but instead of watching TV I veg in front of my PC. Besides, 12.95$/mo is a lot cheaper than $50/mo or whatever cable costs.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-17 13:55:27
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I just play and when something needs to get done then it'll get done. RL>FF, but I don't have much of a priority since everything at home is taken care of and wtf is there to really do in ID on a weekly basis?
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-09-17 13:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

it's called "Balance"
You need to find it.

Personally, I'm up at 6am each day for work and I'm not in till 6:30pm.
Pay bills, maintain my life (IE: Laundry, Cook, Clean, etc).
I have a social life of hanging with friends, hitting the bars on the weekend, movies, etc. And also indulge in other video games
(BTW, Batman Arkham Asylum kicks ***)

Yet... I still find time to enjoy the hell outta FFXI, maintain my LS's website and run about 3-5 events per week.

It's all about the Balance.
As long as you don't sacrifice one thing for another, you'll be fine.
[+]
 Unicorn.Helenaagogo
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Helenaagogo 2009-09-17 13:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

<----

Play in Touring band,Dj,full time job

and play XD
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-17 14:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah rl has made me have to play hardly any or even take long breaks cause I didn't have enough time
 Unicorn.Motokosun
Server: Unicorn
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-17 14:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ales said:
How you maintain an actual life while playing ffxi? I would like to know how people do it!

I guess it all depends on what you consider an actual life. What you may cal a life someone else may call a fail. Ffxi is an actual life to many. I know one guy in particular that sleeps, eats, and FFXIs. Thats it. And he is content, retired young, and lovin it.

I am not the most law abiding person, and i tend to not like people, so for me FFXI keeps me out of trouble but also gives me people to talk to. That being said I generally have atleast 1 day a week i don't even log in, sometimes a few, every now and then i wont login for a week+ just catchin up with family/friend.
 Bismarck.Verace
Server: Bismarck
user: Verace
By Bismarck.Verace 2009-09-17 19:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on your job friends and wife/husband if you have to work from 9am-5pm you still have a few hours of "freedom" most ppl sit and watch TV like 4-6 hours when their home and up others play FFXI as said above its balance dude.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-09-18 01:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What is this real life you speak of? I have my chocobo parked out in my garage....

@.@
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-18 02:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This is actually a good question, i'm not sure how i continue to maintain a 3.5 GPA when i play FFXI in the middle of class because my college campus is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and allows full access to the wifi internet lol.

Luckily i have a wonderful fiance to escape with every now and again (or she drags me by the shirt collar either way lmao).

I guess having former experience in computers and design helps, otherwise i'd screw myself like i did in highschool haha.

but no... this was a question i asked myself the other day, i wonder how other people manage this problem :(

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-09-18 02:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to the military. There are times you're forced off for weeks/months at a time. DETOX SON!
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-09-18 04:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Buy gun.
2. Load magazine.
3. Stick gun in mouth.
4. Fire gun.
5. ???
S O C I A L L I F E !
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-09-18 05:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

B
A
L
A
N
C
E

...or your life could go downhill! Maybe.
 Pandemonium.Ales
user:
By Pandemonium.Ales 2009-09-18 05:49:26
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Well... I guess balance is a good aspect to maintain.. I go to school now so I kinda don't have a life atm... I will be an engineer at the end of the semester... so I will have hardly any time to play this game after I graduate... I just wanted to see how it all works out for the people who are always online getting stuff, exping, or missions.. whatever they dooo!
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-18 05:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkshade said:
1. Buy gun.
2. Load magazine.
3. Stick gun in mouth.
4. Fire gun.
5. ???
S O C I A L L I F E !

Two questions: Why would you load the magazine when you're only using one bullet, and how do you have a social life after firing said bullet?
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-09-18 07:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I work from mon-fri 9h-5h. I have a girlfriend who studies full time and whom I see about twice per week, sometimes more. She is aware of the 3 nights of the week when I have FF XI events and most of the time she is OK with it, in any case I make it clear that this is important for me and she has to respect it. To help with the problem of not seeing my family I have purchased the game for my 13 years old nephew (almost with a 60$ GeForce 6800 GT and 30$ 500W power supply) and he is now BLU75 BRD75 and near BLM75 (lol... I underestimated him). The cost of paying his subscription is well worth it as it maintains a social link with him, his sister and his mother. I used to see them less often than I do now, thanks to FF XI.

When I finally decided I wanted to finish CoP, I planned runs in advance, told people that they have to be there and when the time came near, we shouted for who ever was missing and we went on time. We were prepared and we cleared every single mission on the first try. No dry runs, just well prepared team members who had read the thing and knew what the hell to expect. I used to be unemployed and have all the time in the world, and all that time I was stuck on 4-2 waiting for a shout. Now I have a job and more confidence in my "leadership" (PT building / harassing) capabilities. It's mostly about preparing in advance for what you want to achieve and making sure others think you're serious and follow you.

As for my friends, they know they can always leave me a message at work and we'll have a beer after work. My friends don't play FF XI but they also have time consuming hobbies and jobs /studies, so we see each others when we have time. It's not that difficult.