Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » JSE weapon
JSE weapon
By delendaro 2016-10-19 09:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question :
i am new nin my main weapon tancho HQ and NQ, now a days iam just tanking in CP parties
jse has -10 enmity ! should i spend some money and get it? will works for tanking ?? or only use it when i am DD??
thank u in advance
By Bahadir 2016-10-19 09:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a long discussion in the main nin thread about off-hands (srry couldnt find it again as the search function isnt working for me right now) and without tryn to bring that discussion up again Shigi turned out to be one of the better/best off-hands for nin (as always situational, depends on main weapon, acc requirements etc.). However, especially as new nin you might find the high Acc on that Katana very helpful. If you have the money to spare to make one I highly recommend it.

As for tanking. The -10 Enmity sure hurt, but tanking got easier due to access to high amounts of fast cast. If you want to tank its advisable to /Run so you get access to flash. With a proper enmity/fastcast set in midcast for flash you shouldnt notice te -10 from Shigi too much. The DT-5 are just too nice to give up as tank imho.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-19 12:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Get shigi, you will want one even with AG weapons:D
[+]
 Leviathan.Komachii
Server: Leviathan
user: ikszkom
By Leviathan.Komachii 2016-10-20 08:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it really that good? For what content? I've just returned, soloing stuff and regearing my NIN, but spreadsheet says is worse offhand to my Izuna than a Taikogane (OAT/crit) for ilvl45 mobs.
I dont really feel dumping 450 items on it, unless I made a mistake with the spreadsheet.
[+]
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2016-10-20 09:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the +50 acc really makes it for a 228 skill weapon?
[+]
By Bahadir 2016-10-20 09:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not 55 Acc its 77 Acc and 50 RAcc that kick in for main hand as well. So yea its a huge buff.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2016-10-20 11:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Kanaria, Shigi, Taka, and Ochu should be end goal for OH. Usage depends on ACC needs. It's covered in the main thread within the last 2-3 pages.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-20 16:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I also like shigi for other reasons than the acc.

that -3 recast is nice when solo on harder things, not to mentions the macc is very nice to land debuffs. Add in the fact that with gessho you can hit -50 enmity very easy and go full max dd mode and not pull hate is also very nice.

Shigi IMO is a must have for a person playing nin. We have very good acc, but there are times when we could use more. Shigi is great for that.

with my Kikoku AG I am always offhanding one of 3. Shigi, kanaria (7 20 acc 3 TA), or ochu (apex MB)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-10-20 17:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Taka is a nice offhand too, especially for Kannagi user but it's pretty cool even for other MHs.

Which one is better kinda depends on a lot of stuff, like Gippali pointed out.
When in need of acc Shigi is gonna win pretty much always though.
[+]