Low On Voidstones, How To Increase Stock?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Low on Voidstones, how to increase stock?
Low on Voidstones, how to increase stock?
First Page 2 3 4
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-17 14:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm down to under 70 stones. Tried purchasing a load of void dusts, but sadly you can only hold 6 stones on you, and the dust converts into the KI voidstones (and not back into your active stock). This means that if I'm not careful (or just avoid VW for some time), I'll run out of stones and have to make visits back to the conquest/vw npc and get 6 stones for every new set of fights.

Is there any way to convert voiddust into voidstone stock and not current KI supply?
[+]
By Delmania 2016-10-17 14:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly, no, you'll need to return every 6 fights. Make sure to bring cells with you to help boost the drop rate.
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2016-10-17 14:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

No that is the only option currently.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-17 14:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That's really crappy. I was hoping they added an option with "Stock" to allow voiddust to convert directly to that instead of your active KIs. Lame. I'll need to avoid VW for a while then.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-10-17 14:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

SE needs to update this crap. So many other old content has amazing updates and recast speeds. Why not start giving stones back faster or during campaign event ONLY make stones come back faster?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-17 15:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I only have 1 Periapt of Exploration, so its 20 hours for every new stone reactivation, which is really long timer during campaigns. I hadn't even realized how quickly I burned through 250 stones since the last campaign ended, but it happened.

What would really be nice is if I could just convert my Cruor into more stone supply stock. There is no real purpose of me holding 20 million cruor anymore.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-10-17 15:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a really good idea
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-17 15:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What would really be nice is if I could just convert my Cruor into more stone supply stock. There is no real purpose of me holding 20 million cruor anymore.

This is the correct way of fixing this. The only way to get more Voidstones besides waiting is converting CP/IS/AN to Voiddust then converting those to Voidstones. Of the three only AN is the most ideal way since you can spam Campaigns.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-10-17 15:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They should implement this let alone cruor is useless now.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-10-17 15:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Letting you convert cruor is not the correct way to fix it, you get enough cruor for killing them that you'd be able to go nonstop. The AH is already flooded enough with the voidstone limits in place. They should allow voiddust to be converted to stock if you have all the exploration periapts to keep it's use, but that's it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-17 15:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also buy the Voidstones (which is obtained from where you mentioned), but to the collective issue, running back every 6 fights is archaic. I actually have several stacks of voiddusts that I literally cannot do anything with. When I saw my supply was low, I hurridly bought several a good bit of dust to replenish. To my surprise.

What's worse is, I actually can't do anything with the dust I bought...yet. You can only hold 6 KIs, so I'd have to burn through my current stock, then my KIs before I can turn in any dust. That's really silly.

I guess I could sell the dust, but that's really defeating the purpose of me having bought them in the first place. I know I should have checked to see if I could replenish stock before I bought so many... Kind of puts me in a tough spot as far as money farming is concerned this campaign.
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-17 15:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Letting you convert cruor is not the correct way to fix it, you get enough cruor for killing them that you'd be able to go nonstop. The AH is already flooded enough with the voidstone limits in place. They should allow voiddust to be converted to stock if you have all the exploration periapts to keep it's use, but that's it.

The problem with currencies in this game is that SE likes to introduce them, make items and gear purchasable with said currency, then after a couple of years it becomes nearly obsolete. When was the last time you purchased something with Conquest Points, including Warp scrolls? Imperial Standing is mainly used for Imperial Currency if you need it for whatever reason.
I'll bet you in a year from now when Ambuscade goes full circle back to the Dragon/Orc fights Hallmarks won't be used at all once people get their NQ/HQ armor and their capes.

I suppose the middle path would be, do away with 6 KIs. Rather, have Voidstones be spent at the spawn point directly from the stock. No more going back to the VW Officer except for cells and warps.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-17 15:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see what the issue with letting people farm nonstop is? The WKR campaign allows people to spam the hell out of that event for comparative and guaranteed gil. VW is a total crapshoot. At the current moment, you can only purchase 1 void dust at once, for 2,000 points. For one stack of dust (12 stones) that's 24,000 points. You can run through 12 Aellos in under 15 minutes and get nothing but cruor and logs. In the same amount of time in WKR, you can make over 100k gil.

There is no value in Cruor anymore. Nobody is asking for dust to be buyable with cruor, but rather to convert cruor directly to active stock. This would give it some use. And I actually don't see what the point of Voiddust is anymore. Nobody enjoys using those for VW. They only do it because they have to.
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-17 15:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of following the CP/IS/AN formula of 2,000 points per Voiddust, make it so that it's 10,000 Cruor per dust. At least it'll feel like a "Kill 6 NMs, Get the 7th NM free!" coupon rather than endlessly killing NMs for hours (but then again that's what people do for HMPs).
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-10-17 16:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

if you allow cruor to be converted directly to voidstone stock, i could farm 2500 heavy metal every day during the campaign

it shouldn't be that hard to see why that's a bad thing
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-17 16:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So you would blow through 70 Voidstones in the first day of a VW campaign. The options you have at this point are:

• Be done with this VW campaign and wait for the next one in 6+ months when your Voidstone stock is replenished.

• Buy Voiddust on AH with gil you could have otherwise used to buy HMP anyways.

• Do Campaign Battles for CP to convert into Voiddust>>Voidstones.

The argument against Cruor to Voidstone is the same as the argument against allowing people to enter Dynamis and Salvage whenever they want. Dynamis currency prices are down, I'll give you that, but a Relic isn't exactly "cheap". As for Alexandrite, prices are 600k a stack and only go down a bit during the first week of a new Ambuscade.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-10-17 16:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right because dynamis and salvage you can't go in and keep killing the same mob or other mobs over and over all day. Oh ***wait you can..,...the end
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-17 16:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

if you allow cruor to be converted directly to voidstone stock, i could farm 2500 heavy metal every day during the campaign

No you couldn't. There isn't a single person who is 6-boxing who is able to amass that many plates in a day. And if there was, he'd be 6-boxing, and would have 6x the normal amount of stones.

But I digress. There are no limits on the amount of times you could enter wkr during campaigns (except bayld, which is fully covered by simply doing 1 evaluation in the wkr). You could theoretically farm up all 13099 HPB needed in one day during a campaign, yet there's nothing inhibiting that.

I mean just do the math for a second. I have 20 million cruor. If the price of a voidstone was set to something like 10,000 cruor, that's only 2,000 stones. You could actually burn through that in one day. Sure you get a cruor reward for beating VW, but the points are literally not used for anything meaningful nowadays.

They have since lifted the limits on many other events, ones that have guaranteed drops. How is it an issue to allow unlimited headbanging VW fights for a measley 5% drop rate?

I'm only advocating this because its a huge hindrance to being able to enjoy the campaign (actually, these two campaigns came too close together, I couldn't effectively build up a decent stock after the first one to prepare for the second one). It doesn't have to be completely unlimited, but the limits on the stone restoral are pretty outdated for today's content. The NM is dying in 15 seconds. That's an outrageous amount of stones being burned daily, if your goal is HMP farming, and you can't even guarantee you'll make bank on that day.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-10-17 16:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

No you couldn't. There isn't a single person who is 6-boxing who is able to amass that many plates in a day. And if there was, he'd be 6-boxing, and would have 6x the normal amount of stones.

But I digress. There are no limits on the amount of times you could enter wkr during campaigns (except bayld, which is fully covered by simply doing 1 evaluation in the wkr). You could theoretically farm up all 13099 HPB needed in one day during a campaign, yet there's nothing inhibiting that.

I mean just do the math for a second. I have 20 million cruor. If the price of a voidstone was set to something like 10,000 cruor, that's only 2,000 stones. You could actually burn through that in one day. Sure you get a cruor reward for beating VW, but the points are literally not used for anything meaningful nowadays.

They have since lifted the limits on many other events, ones that have guaranteed drops. How is it an issue to allow unlimited headbanging VW fights for a measley 5% drop rate?

I'm only advocating this because its a huge hindrance to being able to enjoy the campaign (actually, these two campaigns came too close together, I couldn't effectively build up a decent stock after the first one to prepare for the second one). It doesn't have to be completely unlimited, but the limits on the stone restoral are pretty outdated for today's content. The NM is dying in 15 seconds. That's an outrageous amount of stones being burned daily, if your goal is HMP farming, and you can't even guarantee you'll make bank on that day.

Many facts are listed let alone the drop rate is so random that there is no mathematical proof you could finish in one day. Unless you're a dreamer but the amount of pouches you would need to fulfill 1500 would be 132 or 131. After finishing 3 emps with the campaign going it's around that amount. At the same time they could always just stick to void stones and letb" you trade the full amount you have and count them as KI stones. Not just 6 at a time that's just so pointless.
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-17 16:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's just all agree that the Voidwatch content is dated as ***. No one shouts for a full party/alliance for lights. Not only because we're all decked out in Reisenjima gear, but because no one gives two shits about Voidwatch rewards other than HMPs. Either make it so that we're drowning in Voidstones or make a higher level tier where we need 18 people to down an NM that can drop multiple pouches.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-10-17 16:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Coronos said: »
Let's just all agree that the Voidwatch content is dated as ***. No one shouts for a full party/alliance for lights. Not only because we're all decked out in Reisenjima gear, but because no one gives two shits about Voidwatch rewards other than HMPs. Either make it so that we're drowning in Voidstones or make a higher level tier where we need 18 people to down an NM that can drop multiple pouches.

I agree oh and riftdrosses plus riftcinders too! Hehe
 Valefor.Kiaru
Server: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-17 16:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It just comes back to HMP's/riftdross 90-99 emp weapon trials needed to be revamped/redone SIX YEARS AGO.
By Afania 2016-10-17 16:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This... empy is already common enough as everyone and their mother all running with AG Almace because they all finish an empy during campaign in 2 weeks, I don't understand why people ask them to be even easier, asides from wanting cheap empy.

For those who thinks VW suck, just a kindly reminder, Empy isn't something that you HAVE to do VW to get. You can do ambu for hmp, you can craft or merc for gil and buy them, you can do Vagary sell mat amd buy them. There are multiple ways to get them not just VW all day.

By making it easier to get from VW means the price gonna drop and less effort required etc etc.

Outside of "I don't want to make gil" or "I want an easier empy" I don't see a reason why hmp should be easier to get, personally.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-10-17 17:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The common sense argument deals with void stones not heavy metals. Personally I do VW for the wide range of mats. Being unable to trade more then 6 voidstones is beyond moronic. Especially how the game is today. Fix that is all I ask nothing more. Or give more voidstones with recast.
By Afania 2016-10-17 17:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
The common sense argument deals with void stones not heavy metals. Personally I do VW for the wide range of mats. Being unable to trade more then 6 voidstones is beyond moronic. Especially how the game is today. Fix that is all I ask nothing more. Or give more voidstones with recast.

May as well make mat available from other content or ambu points.
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-17 17:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
By making it easier to get from VW means the price gonna drop and less effort required etc etc.

Outside of "I don't want to make gil" or "I want an easier empy" I don't see a reason why hmp should be easier to get, personally.

The argument is not "blah blah, make HMP drop rates 100% per NM." The argument is "Make it so we shouldn't wait 12 hours for one Voidstone." We want a Quality of Life update.

SE eliminated the 24 hour wait period for Dynamis (with Rhapsodies KI). They should do the same for Voidwatch.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-10-17 17:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you coronos! lol I swear it's like these people think we are bitching about the heavy metals yet we aren't lol. People read what they want to read la sigh.
By Afania 2016-10-17 17:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Coronos said: »
Afania said: »

The argument is not "blah blah, make HMP drop rates 100% per NM." The argument is "Make it so we shouldn't wait 12 hours for one Voidstone."

SE eliminated the 24 hour wait period for Dynamis (with Rhapsodies KI). They should do the same for Voidwatch.

The result is the same, the value of hmp and empy will drop, just like relic and mythic. More people will run around with an AG almace and those without will be harder to get invite.

You can't argue that ever since SE lowered cool down for dyna salvage those weapons are a lot easier to obtain.
By Afania 2016-10-17 17:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Thank you coronos! lol I swear it's like these people think we are bitching about the heavy metals yet we aren't lol. People read what they want to read la sigh.

I just provided alternative solution to mat without having to change the value and availability of legendary.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-10-17 17:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

We can agree to disagree because all you see is "it will be easier to make." Me I could careless let alone I know many people who dont even afterglow theirs for personal reasons I will never understand. All we ask is for a faster recast or larger amount of stones per recast nothing more.
First Page 2 3 4