Question about Assassin's Armlets
First Page 2
 Unicorn.Motokosun
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-16 06:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

When solo'ing would the TH kick in if i macro/swap these in for the kill shot?

Thank You in advance.
 Kujata.Thio
Server: Kujata
user: Thio
By Kujata.Thio 2009-09-16 06:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yar, just need to get 1 hit in with them on
[+]
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-16 07:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured as much, but verification is always good.

Thx Thio.
 Ifrit.Neubian
Server: Ifrit
user: Neubian
By Ifrit.Neubian 2009-09-16 07:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You also need to be facing the correct direction and do a /dance4 before killing the mob.

(oops wrong thread...) :P
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-09-16 07:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

PLAACEEEBO... etc. >:3
[+]
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-16 07:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Neubian said:
You also need to be facing the correct direction and do a /dance4 before killing the mob.

(oops wrong thread...) :P

Old news bro. A new development being discovered is the hidden fee SE has for $2.95, If your lucky enough to activate it, it turns the TH on.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-09-16 08:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

does the effect from gloves stack with knife ? is there anyway to even prove/disprove y/n ? often wondered if ppl were wasting dagger slots with th knife if they had assasin gloves.. thinking maybe that was part of the reward to having them. youd get the enhances trait with the being able to free up that nicer sub?, or main? however you use. even if it wasnt able to be proven/disproven.. ill still be using both for salvage etc regardless. i cant imagine it hasnt been asked and answered to death, so sorry. just never had to patience to sift through threads of posts with 95% crap to 5% what im lookin for. thanks for info in advance
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-09-16 08:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes they stack

The same as the Double attack +1 on the War AF feet and AFv2 legs stack.

And you don't need them on for the kill shot, just hit the mob while wearing them at any point in the fight.
[+]
 Bahamut.Revision
Server: Bahamut
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-09-16 09:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I always wondered if a THF dies before mob does or D/C's, does the hits previous to death/dc effect TH?
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
Server: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2009-09-16 09:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as the THF is still on the hate table.
 Caitsith.Xiong
user: Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2009-09-16 09:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, but if THF died or D/C's then the hate is gone. I always thought as long as the party/alliance claim was still on the mob even if THF dies/dc's you would still have TH on. I wonder, good question.
 Bismarck.Ezell
Server: Bismarck
user: Ezell
By Bismarck.Ezell 2009-09-16 09:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

TH is an "additional effect" placed on the mob. It is there as long as the THF is on the hate list. I.E all that is needed is an action to generate hate. Steal, mug, attack, RATK, Magic, ect...

Once the action is performed as long as the THF stays on the mobs hate list "Treasure hunter" will remain active. If the THF is removed from the hate list, i.e the mob checks for the THF and he's not there TH doesn't work. Zone/DC and what not on normal mobs will remove you from hate list, on NMs it shouldn't. Unless when they look for you and can't find you.

Check out Kioko's(sp?) emnity testing LJ. Basically just make sure you perform an action and don't zone/die. Simple as that. If you die you are removed from the hate list. So you'll need to re-apply TH.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-16 09:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The only part about Kaeko's enmity testing that I don't agree with/can't get to work/don't understand... Is that apparently zoning does not reduce CE. So logging/zoning hate on NM's according to Kaeko does nothing for your CE, however, I've used a zone/nuke method many a times on NM's with no issue, so can anyone explain that part to me? Does this only apply if you remain in party with people that continually hold hate?
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-16 10:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

O.o Wth? Zoning clears ALL enmity/hate.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-09-16 10:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ezell said:

Check out Kioko's(sp?) emnity testing LJ. Basically just make sure you perform an action and don't zone/die. Simple as that. If you die you are removed from the hate list. So you'll need to re-apply TH.

It's making me wonder if just raising is enough to put TH back on the mob when you are fighting a party shared hate monster.
 Pandemonium.Despain
user: Parhelia
By Pandemonium.Despain 2009-09-16 11:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I full-time hands when fighting HNMs, but change out my Blau Dolch to Thief's Knife right before kill. Higher TH always take priority, and you don't have to full-time TH in order for it to take affect, though I'm paranoid and leave them on before the mob dies.

People who say you need to full-time TH don't know how it works, nor do they know THF.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-09-16 11:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Despain said:
People who say you need to full-time TH don't know how it works, nor do they know THF.

thf is hard to play inside the hnm scene <call4>

on-topic though: i've always understood it as you only need the +treasure hunter pieces on during the moment your target is defeated (while having acted upon it atleast once), i.e do whatever you want from 100% to 5% or so, and then put the armlets/knife back on and poke it for when it dies.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-16 12:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
The only part about Kaeko's enmity testing that I don't agree with/can't get to work/don't understand... Is that apparently zoning does not reduce CE. So logging/zoning hate on NM's according to Kaeko does nothing for your CE, however, I've used a zone/nuke method many a times on NM's with no issue, so can anyone explain that part to me? Does this only apply if you remain in party with people that continually hold hate?

Assuming his testing is correct (which it should be, the test was well designed), zoning does 2 things. First, it removes you from the hate list so that when you zone back in you will not be attacked if it does not aggro. Your enmity on the mob is still in memory, it's just not active until you reestablish hate. Second, it provides a period of inactivity during which your VE decay continues without you performing any actions to increase VE. At a rate of 60 VE/s, you can lose a decent chunk of hate in just the time needed to zone out and back.
 Pandemonium.Despain
user: Parhelia
By Pandemonium.Despain 2009-09-16 13:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironguy said:

thf is hard to play inside the hnm scene <call4>

Oh Ironguy. You never disappoint.

Anyway, if you're paranoid about TH not working, just full-time TH gear, though you really don't need to.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-16 15:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Blazza said:

Assuming his testing is correct (which it should be, the test was well designed), zoning does 2 things. First, it removes you from the hate list so that when you zone back in you will not be attacked if it does not aggro. Your enmity on the mob is still in memory, it's just not active until you reestablish hate. Second, it provides a period of inactivity during which your VE decay continues without you performing any actions to increase VE. At a rate of 60 VE/s, you can lose a decent chunk of hate in just the time needed to zone out and back.
As mentioned earlier, I believe the way zoning hate works is if the mob is actively looking for you during the time you're gone, either from being zoned or logged out you lose all hate, whereas just zoning while being on the hate table in general from taking any action on it just causes the loss of hate you'd gain over time, no different than just standing there without any action. Not sure if that's the correct system, but that's how I understood it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-16 15:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Most overrated peice of gear in the game
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-16 15:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:
As mentioned earlier, I believe the way zoning hate works is if the mob is actively looking for you during the time you're gone, either from being zoned or logged out you lose all hate, whereas just zoning while being on the hate table in general from taking any action on it just causes the loss of hate you'd gain over time, no different than just standing there without any action. Not sure if that's the correct system, but that's how I understood it.

Went back and read the tests again. We're both wrong. Zoning when at the top of the hate list is a full hate reset. Zoning while merely on the hate list retains your TE but takes you off the hate list.

http://kanican.livejournal.com/28541.html
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-16 15:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, it's good to know the real details for sure.
 Caitsith.Blurr
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-09-16 17:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

double attack +1s stacking would be easy to see working or not. th+1 with another +1 however, not so easy to see. in all my experience messing around with em/actually testing, ive never witnessed any kind of improvement with the quantity or quality of drops over time. ive heard ppl say forever they stacked and ive heard a lot of ppl say its a myth.. that its just the job trait treasure hunter II with a +1 effect, nothing more nothing less. my question remains though, can it be proven/disproven ? has it been ? id really like to hear/see incontestable evidence, not just ppls "they do's or they donts"
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-16 17:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Rikiyame said:
As long as the THF is still on the hate table.

I've been told by people that this was said by Square-Enix in an interview with one of the websites (alla, wiki, etc.) But i spent 14 hours one day going over every past interview i could find and not once did i see anything about Treasure Hunter.

I would like to know how this was verified and if indeed it was said by Square-Enix in an interview can anyone provide me with a link to said interview.

Edit: Just to clarify i was looking for the interview that said as long as a Thf is on the hate table TH is activated.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-09-16 18:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not quite what you're looking for but straight from SE.

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/world-area-q/69020-dynamis-reilc-armor-treasure-hunter.html

Q: Do multiple instances of Treasure Hunter in a single party increase the chances of a drop? When exactly does the effect of Treasure Hunter take place?
A: When more than one member has Treasure Hunter, the player with the strongest version will have theirs take effect for the party. The effect comes into play as soon as the Thief generates enmity from the target enemy. Even if the Thief dies, the effect remains.

So die/zone/whatever all you want, TH is there unless the mob deaggroes.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-09-16 18:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarowyn said:
Not quite what you're looking for but straight from SE.

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/world-area-q/69020-dynamis-reilc-armor-treasure-hunter.html

Q: Do multiple instances of Treasure Hunter in a single party increase the chances of a drop? When exactly does the effect of Treasure Hunter take place?
A: When more than one member has Treasure Hunter, the player with the strongest version will have theirs take effect for the party. The effect comes into play as soon as the Thief generates enmity from the target enemy. Even if the Thief dies, the effect remains.

So die/zone/whatever all you want, TH is there unless the mob deaggroes.

This^ is your answer. Stronger TH overwrite so as long as you have performed a action on the target using gloves/knife that stronger TH will stay as long as the mob is red even if thf dies. The moment it goes yellow TH is lost and needs to be re-applied.
 Ramuh.Yimoa
Server: Ramuh
user: Yimoa
By Ramuh.Yimoa 2009-09-16 19:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because anyone chooses to fulltime or tells others to fulltime armlets doesn't mean jack or sht,I main my own depending where I am and what I am doing,can't be too certain,ever. Call it overrated.Talk down to others because they want to/choose to fulltime Armlets/Dagger at any specific time is doing what?Being elite?doesn't hurt my role or ability to destroy almost any target in my path.
 Odin.Kraytos
Server: Odin
user: Tyseng
By Odin.Kraytos 2009-09-16 20:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
O.o Wth? Zoning clears ALL enmity/hate.

no it doesn't
[+]
 Fairy.Seraphita
Server: Fairy
user: rogueking
By Fairy.Seraphita 2009-09-16 20:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This means that THx status is granted UPON POINT OF ENMITY. Changing your gears to "add TH" after the initial engagement DOES NOTHING. It also means you are free to swap out equipment after THx status has been granted.
First Page 2