Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Rant on Levelsync Gear
Rant on Levelsync Gear
 Hades.Shadowkun
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Shadowkun
By Hades.Shadowkun 2009-09-16 03:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that not a lot of people bother with keeping gear of lower levels really since level sync. The ability to wear your gear at any lower level is a handy thing for saving space or on the fly things I will admit.

But please if you HAVE the lower level gear and syncing down, PLEASE wear it.
I'm tired of joining low capped events such as BCNMS or Subligar runs or lower level missions 30 to 40cap with people wearing their lvl75 HNM gear. Goodjob on getting it, but it hurts more than helps at that level by giving any/all negative impacts with no positive. Mages why take a -7 hit from errant when you don't have any +7 mage stat? Why take the eva-20 from hauby? Almost going naked or grabbing a lower level piece from what you're syncing to would be more beneficial.

If you're there to do it, then do it in a way that'll help everyone. Take the extra few moments to dust off some of that older, lower armor.
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-09-16 04:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe because alot of us have sold it off... a lot of rare/ex stuff can't be stored away with the NPC and when folks have more than x1 75 job space starts getting a little tight...

As is, I agree about the gears that have negative stats like errant... folks are better off going naked than wearing it.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-09-16 04:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Be clever about it.

I got a levelsync party @ 44 on my 64 DRK last night, when I equiped my Pallas's Bracelets (for WS) I got 1 STR and -5 DEX, so I stopped using them.

When ever I get my level reduced I always go through my gear to see what has synced well and what has scaled badly. Then wear whatever works best.

Some times you will get a high level item scale down and be better than any item you could get at that level (Kirin's Osode is a good example of this).
[+]
 Alexander.Zayo
Server: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-09-16 05:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The lvl 50 rings from assault points scale down nicely.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
Server: Unicorn
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-16 06:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadowkun said:
If you're there to do it, then do it in a way that'll help everyone. Take the extra few moments to dust off some of that older, lower armor.

I couldn't agree more with you Shadowkun.

Whenever i find myself doing an event that is capped 60- I ensure all members are properly dressed for success. If someone cannot produce even nq level appropriate gear for the cap i will make them change to a job that doesn't necessarily need to have gear to perform a helpful function. And a few times I even removed members from the event for not being prepared.

In the case of Level-Synced xp parties, if the person is geared just so horribly that they are only getting negatives, I will seek a new person and /kick -> Replace once they show to camp. No warning for the ill-equipped person. For this i have been called many names and could care less what they think/say. I always just reply to them with this statement "You were kind enough to leech off our pt, so to return the kindness I found the replacement so you wouldn't have to"

**Save the wales! Wear level appropriate gear!**
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avinne
Server: Lakshmi
user: Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-09-16 07:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I had 7 jobs and no room to keep all my lvl sync'd gear, but if I had appropriate pieces then I DID swap them in. I tanked just fine in my normal PLD gear in the dunes and on colibris. Most of the time when I was syncing down it was to help out a friend when they had been looking for a PLD for hours or something, so...
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-16 07:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Avinne said:
I had 7 jobs and no room to keep all my lvl sync'd gear, but if I had appropriate pieces then I DID swap them in. I tanked just fine in my normal PLD gear in the dunes and on colibris. Most of the time when I was syncing down it was to help out a friend when they had been looking for a PLD for hours or something, so...

I completely understand not having inv. space. And my above post was more directed at the type of people who go level-sync 55 birds using 100% 75 gear. They would honestly be better off for almost all slots with no gear and if there mnk would be better off with no weapon on.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-16 07:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Argettio said:
Be clever about it.

I got a levelsync party @ 44 on my 64 DRK last night, when I equiped my Pallas's Bracelets (for WS) I got 1 STR and -5 DEX, so I stopped using them.

When ever I get my level reduced I always go through my gear to see what has synced well and what has scaled badly. Then wear whatever works best.

Some times you will get a high level item scale down and be better than any item you could get at that level (Kirin's Osode is a good example of this).

^This
 Lakshmi.Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-09-16 07:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

Just remember, it could be worse... lol :P This guy came to our merit party like this... and we kept him around for fun. Later switched to a lvl 25 polearm. He never STOPPED using lvl sync gear :P
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-09-16 07:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Good gear synced badly >>>>>>>> Gimp player
[+]
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-16 08:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Avinne said:
User submitted image

Just remember, it could be worse... lol :P This guy came to our merit party like this... and we kept him around for fun. Later switched to a lvl 25 polearm. He never STOPPED using lvl sync gear :P

loulz this is good reads. I've always wanted to gear about as un orthodoxed as possible and just ball out.
 Lakshmi.Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-09-16 08:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, it was good times. Fun merit party and everyone was good natured about it lol. Sometimes you just have to not care and laugh about it :) ... and hey, the lvl 25 polearm WAS a +1, so it was all good. ^-^)b

Nothing quite beat the bone earring +1 though!
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-16 08:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't complain about a +1. And I wish i could maintain your attitude more often, let things be what they are and have fun.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-09-16 10:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't do anything w/o the basic essentials of lv sync gear. Like I have handy rare/ex like empress hairpin, ochimusha kote, sarutobi kyahan that i'll always take w/ me. I'm a black belt mnk, but I have a spare brown belt, because rly if you don't at least have a brown belt for 40+ don't bother going mnk (or at least get a fkin purple belt, but I woudln't be caught dead in lv sync w/ black belt)
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2009-09-16 10:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm levelsyncing a non-75 job more than 10 levels below my current level I'm doing it as a favor, as in you've begged me to join your party even though I've told you I don't have the gear/interest in synching that low. I don't level sync my 75 jobs for xp. If I'm doing a bcnm I'll buy the appropriate level gear. If I'm not doing a bcnm I will wear what I have because it's a situation I don't want to be in in the first place. People wearing 75 gear in a sync party doesn't particularly bother me, I'm more interested in how appropriately they use their JAs TP and MP.
[+]
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-16 10:59:31
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm...I wore my BLM gear for a 50cap and it still gave me +22INT vs the 43 INT I normally get. I do understand that it's still better to have gear for appropriate lvl, but I love doing syncs with no stat boost and still raping everything.
 Ramuh.Guffy
Server: Ramuh
user: Guffy
By Ramuh.Guffy 2009-09-16 11:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a Black Belt monk too and I sure as hell don't bother with a brown belt for level syncs, I don't do anything really important 40 to 70 anyway, if anything it's a level sync party with friends who are leveling a job and having a hard time finding members, a life belt works fine, but I will always use the stuff I have laying around that helps better than my gear synced, SH, Ochimushas, Emp Pin, sarutobi kyahans, etc..

I keep a decent synced set for 40 ninja for doing PCC BCNM, but that set is more geared towards the evasive/int for ninju spells and evasion.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-09-16 11:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You should at minimum have gear up to lv 50's worth of syncage. ENM 50 solo is an easy shot at 3m
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2009-09-16 11:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Good thing about only have 1 75 job? Lots of low level gear for the jobs I'm leveling :P It helps having access to gear for level syncing.

Also Vegetto, nice avatar :P "You better not have any brothers." "I have 3." "That's a mistake!"
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-09-16 11:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lmfao