Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Crafter's Crib Bazaar Guidelines
Crafter's Crib Bazaar Guidelines
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-08-14 16:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Let's say seller A has an item listed in a thread, asking for 350m.

Seller B has the same item, and logs on ffxiah planning to sell it for 300m. They see a thread already exists for that item.

Does seller B make a new thread, further cluttering up the front page? Seems like it'd snowball pretty quickly, especially if the threads continue to grow at the rate they have been.

thats why i suggest a new sub forum for wtb/wts. And have that whole sub section taken off the front page from the start.

I dont know how hard that would be to program in, but it would help with a lot of issues/complaints.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-08-14 16:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be happy with that as a solution, don't think the pro-thread people would be though.

Think the reason people spam them to begin with is because they show up on the front page. If it was a sub section, nobody would see it because the reality is that they go to the item page if they are actually looking for the item.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-08-14 16:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ill be the first to agree that if everyone posted there wtb/wts threads it would over take the front page. For that alone i would understand them taking the whole section off the front page. Can complain all we want, theres rly not much of a way around that. They are either there, or they are not.

But at least with a bazaar section ppl would know where to go to post and to look for stuff specifically instead of having one on General, one in crafters crib, one in servers, etc. Isolate and contain it all to one section. Either in a single subsection or maybe copy the server section and give each server its own wtb/wts thread. Either way. I mean... this is ffxiAuctionHouse, buying and selling things was kinda the original idea of this wasnt it?

Let ppl post what higher end items or services they are selling. Ppl can agree or disagree on price all they want without insulting each other. And if they are attacking each other then the topic is irrelevant because that behavior anywhere on here would be a problem. Having an open market with open discussions/opinions is a good thing.
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2016-08-16 14:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i think its funny how this post has turned into everyone opinion on how a crafter prices an item.

it doesnt matter, this is between the buyer and the seller. if you dont want to pay the asking price for something dont buy it. let them know your limit and move on. it is called Bartering otherwise go on the Auction house.

someone faking a sale has no true barring on what you purchased.
Sellers base their on they're potential investment.
crafting in a lottery because of this, if you cant understand that a crafter doesnt have to discount it prices because he/she gets lucky on t0 with 1/4, vs somneone who goes 1/61.

that is your own problem and choice.

this is getting hypocritical. it seems that everyone is just trying to control the market from the buyers end. bashing your opinion on how much money they can earn/spend vs their time to play is relative. someone can earn better than others. if you have a problem with take it up with s.e and get over yourself stop trolling people.

if you set your purchasing limit and let it be known. there is nothing a seller can do.

this thread should be about improving the functions of the website. Giving people options and choices rather limiting them with arbitrary rules because your salty about something.

i agree with the previous suggestion for updating the bazaar functions. i also think "cross server pr icings should be improve upon adding more details/ functionality.
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-08-16 14:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

two thumbs up
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-08-16 14:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
I'm not sure there is price fixing in WTS threads. I know that most people going into WTS threads and stirring drama and stating prices aren't factoring in many things, break rates, real time market value of mats especially after they are in demand, the crafters time and investment, and saying things above cost of mats are unfair to buyers is just trollish imo.

The AH history is fixable just sell to a sock account, the asking price if fixable and usually people list their wanted as 1 gil or way below cost, and I'm sure some make sock accounts only to list fake items for sale at below or at cost as well. In fact price fixing this way doesn't even require waiting a week, so why would someone price fix a WTS thread. To be honest the amount of drama and harassment crafters get on WTS threads makes me not want to even try making another sachet +1 and try to sell it. People would quote prices for mats as they were before demand spiked, I spent an entire day farming ores and burned through half my stored mats for other HQ I want to get my sachet +1, and yet if I sold that for any markup at all I'd be trolled, heck even at cost since people were valuing ore at 300k instead of what it was going for (1 mil).

There is no transparency, you can't know what the crafter got their mats for or when, the market changes daily, HQ rates aren't exactly pinned down with all bonuses they are estimated, you never know if you're going to end up anywhere near statistical average on HQ and most crafter will never make 100 of a luxary HQ item, most make zero to 1 if they even attempt it so using statistical averages is a very poor metric, or haven't you heard of people that go 0/300 on a 5% chance Dring or 1/1? How will the law of averages ever kick in without a high sample size? It cannot and no crafter I've ever known has made enough of something to have the law of averages kick in for these super expensive items. That is why statistical average cost is a guide, and demanding an item be sold to you for statistical average cost is not going to encourage crafters to make you more ***you don't need. You can't unload NQ, sometimes you get to NPC them, that's how hard they are to sell even below cost. When you end up with 16 NQ sachets and 1 HQ, you even burn through friends who want one eventually. That's not even to mention the fact no one wants to buy them and would rather roll the dice themselves and have you craft the mats for free for them. Because you know, I spent weeks and millions and all that time farming guild points so I could give free HQ chances to strangers.

The people going into WTS threads and saying it's too expensive want it at a cheaper cost to them, and all items at a cheaper cost to them. Fairness isn't something I see actually a concern very often. If it was fair, I'd get paid better than I get paid to farm the mats and sell them, I'd get more for the risk involved too because there is a lot of risk, I'd not have to put up with drama to make a sale or negotiate with angry players only caring about their bottom line, and I'd have the ability have visibility on the front page of the AH site without people calling for them to be taken down and banned while they discuss conspiracy theories and politics instead. As is, I've never and have no intention to make a WTS thread, or even make an extremely pricey HQ and sell them. Which is funny, because all you guys looking for your bottom line and harassing crafters for prices are shooting yourselves in the foot, while the farmers will farm what is in demand, you're persuading less crafters to craft because you're making it not worth it for them to do so which makes the demand stay high and the supply low, and also means there's less competition and more bargaining power for the few willing to put up with your ***which by the way doesn't prohibit them from finding buyers it could even help. SO in the end, big picture considered you're actually raising the price with your behavior but who knew being short sighted with tunnel vision, selfish and a jerk would have a negative overall impact, gee.

Afania is the only one here trying to make impartial and logical reasoning, that I can see, everyone else has some extreme bias one way or another. That doesn't mean I agree with all Afania is saying. I'm only gonna say all this once, and you guys can argue back and forth till page 9, maybe then mods will finally (mercifully) lock the topic as everyone struggles to have the last word in, this is my last word on the topic ever it's already drama and a waste of my time. I think that what goes on in WTS or Merc threads both aren't haggling, haggling isn't using peer pressure, insults, shame and bully tactics to lower prices. That's called being an ***, and that's what usually happens and why posts are and should be removed (Someone in this very thread said all crafters are gil grabbing basement dwelling nerds and not your friends in a WTS thread and is still bitching about their post being moderated, seriously?). Honestly anyone not actively buying in the thread, and stirring up drama should be topic banned from all merc threads and wts threads permanently and then we'd have some peace. At least in the threads, I'm sure the mods then get to deal with their howls of rage for being silenced, b/c you know, being an *** is their god given right and how dare someone take that from them. Honestly I feel sorry for the mods to deal with all this crap. Do you guys all go into best buy and yell at their manager and call them names because their electronics are overpriced? Do you go into tourist shops at tourists locations, ask the owner to come out and insult him and his character because his prices are high? If that isn't acceptable in real life why do you think it is online? You're being douches. You buy online if you want cheap electronics, or look for refurbished stuff etc, in game you look for other sellers, if you can't wait on the mail you pay higher shipping fees or you buy from best buy anyway. You might talk to people about how best buy is super expensive or such and such seller is in game, but you don't go to their store and say they "deserve" to be put down and verbally attacked. Most of you are being extremely juvenile, justifying picking on people you disagree with or who have different values than you or don't behave how you want, grow up. Justifying intimidation tactics is the tagline and theme song of bullies and *** everywhere and it makes me embarrassed to even associate with the site. Most forum sites have a no off topic rule, this is one great demonstration why. Going into a WTS thread, and posting anything other than price offers, or questions about the product are strictly off topic. What gets me most, is a lot of the complainers are ok stockpiling mats and selling them high on the AH when demand spikes up, but if a crafter makes a new synth that is in high demand using their own stockpiled mats to try and sell a HQ at a high price it's gouging and the highest form of sin. And they never have any self reflection at all, or even compare it to real life where that's just considered good business.

This man/girl deserves a medal.
By Afania 2016-08-16 14:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
i think its funny how this post has turned into everyone opinion on how a crafter prices an item.

it doesnt matter, this is between the buyer and the seller. if you dont want to pay the asking price for something dont buy it. let them know your limit and move on. it is called Bartering otherwise go on the Auction house.

someone faking a sale has no true barring on what you purchased.
Sellers base their on they're potential investment.
crafting in a lottery because of this, if you cant understand that a crafter doesnt have to discount it prices because he/she gets lucky on t0 with 1/4, vs somneone who goes 1/61.

that is your own problem and choice.

this is getting hypocritical. it seems that everyone is just trying to control the market from the buyers end. bashing your opinion on how much money they can earn/spend vs their time to play is relative. someone can earn better than others. if you have a problem with take it up with s.e and get over yourself stop trolling people.

if you set your purchasing limit and let it be known. there is nothing a seller can do.

this thread should be about improving the functions of the website. Giving people options and choices rather limiting them with arbitrary rules because your salty about something.

i agree with the previous suggestion for updating the bazaar functions. i also think "cross server pr icings should be improve upon adding more details/ functionality.

This thread is never about seller and their prices, none of the posters here expressed saltyness of prices either. It's about forum rules which punishes people from posting their prices and undercutting.

Not sure what's wrong with trying to bargain from buyers end. Sellers has right to set the prices so does buyers. That's how economy works.

But for some reason people who are confused with the purpose of this thread keep popping here and saying people is salty here, while I didn't see one single salty nor crafter troll posts.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-08-16 15:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That's funny because this thread turned into more of "high sellers are posting price fixing this and that." It's not real just like Jesus sorry cool story bro. Sorry some of us have multiple 110s plus with people that buy stuff 300 mil plus. (Yes there are people who have the Gil and don't give s ***. They just want the item.) An I will admit times when I see only one or two of an item I post one for 400 mil for shits n giggles why? Because I can but the beauty is 75 percent of the time the price drops a little. 250 mil for jinxed wristbands to snaps, 350 mil for jinxed doublet to Dilandu oh and jinxed wristbands for 300 mil. I shout in Odin before I put it on AH sold last week a jinxed jacket for 450 mil to a random Japanese dude kikouli I'm sure he just came to our server to buy ***never saw him again. Then the random jinxed doublet sale on Odin (they usually go for 400 mil on our server check it) sold to reiign it's on the history I forget for 360 mil because he asked me. And he was from another server also. The point is simple a person puts an item up for sale let's say 10 mil for a Satchet plus one. Do you see the buyers freaking out ? Posting "wtf bro you are discounting it by 80 percent wtf you're hurting my Gil." No you don't because there's no point the seller believes that's the price it's worth and that's it. If someone thinks because of that other sellers on other servers are going to assume to sell at that price or buyers will think that's the best price which then goes into "price fixing" blame your damn selves we have a search tool on ffxiah that compares the item to other servers. If they don't use that they're *** stupid no excuse.Or theatres this ancient way of human ideology. "Bargain" send a PM do a post don't be a whiny asshat on what you believe is right or wrong. Because at the end of the day is arguing really going to make the seller go along with you? No. Get off your high horse and foil hats no one is price fixing ***. But if you need some peanut butter with that jelly I can reccomend some good peanut butter. Oh btw the most I've ever sold a piece was 450 mil on Odin which our server is bloody insane with sales check the buyers on high end items. Oh and why ? Because that Japanese dude asked me to I was about to put it up for 350 mil because 500 plus mil is bloody insane. Go ahead and reply with your insane assumptions or it should be this way etc. it's the admins choice what they do with this wonderful site they have created for us. For us to connect and give pointless opinions. But it's what community we have left in this dying game. Stop the assumptions, the *** and let people do what they want. ***if you think a price for an item is nuts do a simple WTB jinxed wristbands for 1 Gil you never know someone might hook you up. Oh before the assumption from foil hats come in "I did not create world war 2" who knows I've been blamed for crazier things. On a positive note I thank the buyers who have bought from me or worked with me on purchases. Finally 90 percent done afterglowing my weapons. Thank you and sorry Anna admin for adding fire to this. I just can't stand stupidity at this level. Good day.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [377 days between previous and next post]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-08-28 16:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping because I got spammed reports again. Read the op.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-08-28 16:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
[+]