Random Politics & Religion #09

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #09
Random Politics & Religion #09
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 53 54 55
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-04 13:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Protip: Libel is not a First Amendment protected right.

Nothing said about him (that I've seen) has been even close to libelous. In fact, nothing even comes close to out of context in the way the right gripped "you didn't build that" and took it so far out of context that it practically was libelous/slanderous.

But it still wasn't, because that's not really how libel and slander work.

What in the world are you reading/watching that you haven't seen Trump's comments taken out of context? Seriously, it's all over the place.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-04 13:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

CNN just showed Clint Eastwood's 2012 chair thing and there was a woman in the audience who I could swear was wearing a pin that read "Kitchen/Cabinet"

>.> Wot
By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 13:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Please, daddy KN, post more! POST MORE!!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 13:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Please, daddy KN, post more! POST MORE!!
After you eat your vegetables and brush your teeth, I'll post more libel articles from the media against Trump.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-04 13:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, apparently it was a Women for Romney was doing at the 2012 RNC or something.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 13:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, that one about the "Why can't we use nuclear weapons", wasn't taken out of context. It just shows he's unaware of the reasons why we can't use them: The Nuclear fallout alone is reason enough, and the lingering effects that would spread globally in the wake of a nuclear attack.

Then there's the reaction from other countries with nuclear arms as well, which would be using them in retaliation, and poof, people gone. Unless you want to live in a world of Snake Plisken's Escape from L.A.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 13:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, that one about the "Why can't we use nuclear weapons", wasn't taken out of context. It just shows he's unaware of the reasons why we can't use them: The Nuclear fallout alone is reason enough, and the lingering effects that would spread globally in the wake of a nuclear attack.
Is there evidence that Trump even made those comments?

I mean, what the article stated was a 3rd party said he talked to Trump, and Trump said that. No evidence that they even met, much less evidence that Trump made those comments in the first place.

Why can't we have the original source material on this? Oh wait, the author is the original source material, meaning he made it up....
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-04 13:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had a dollar for every time we talked about Hillary I'd have zero dollars.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 13:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The Crying baby thing, I have reason to believe it was taken out of context, just a little bit.

As much as I loathe the idea of Trump making any kind of presidential policies, or acting as the wild card of a scapegoat in the oval office, people had come to a Trump Rally. And it would have been a much better scenario for the mother or father to take the child outside somewhere calmer and quieter, for the benefit of the child, instead of in a room that, even with A/C running full tilt, would have been over heated and incredibly noisy for the child. Or the child could very well have needed his/her parents' attention for something like changing a diaper.
By fonewear 2016-08-04 13:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

No ones cares about some crying baby why is this news ?
By fonewear 2016-08-04 13:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

See all these stories about Trump are to keep you distracted from Hillary. And it seems to be working.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-04 13:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If Satan himself were to appear on CNN he would get more positive coverage than Trump...
By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 13:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've already made clear that I would despise Hillary in office as much as Trump, but for the reason she comes from a political Dynasty family. Which is really never a good thing.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-08-04 13:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

it's canadian news....some baby cried somewhere and now bloodrose has to apologize for it...
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 13:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If Satan himself were to appear on CNN he would get more positive coverage than Trump...
He already gets more positive coverage than Trump.

Hail Satan.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 13:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

it's canadian news....some baby cried somewhere and now bloodrose has to apologize for it...
*** that, I ain't apologizing for ***.

We already have the great Canadian apologizer on this site, and you call him "Damn it, Donny!"
By fonewear 2016-08-04 14:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why no one takes Canada seriously.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-04 14:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The Crying baby thing
Yeah, that was just a joke. Imo, it's low grade ammunition for the media vs. Trump.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 14:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

We're a funny country. We're not supposed to be taken seriously. Except our beer and beef.

If we wanted people to take us seriously, we'd have our own Trump and Hillary.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 14:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The Crying baby thing, I have reason to believe it was taken out of context, just a little bit.

As much as I loathe the idea of Trump making any kind of presidential policies, or acting as the wild card of a scapegoat in the oval office, people had come to a Trump Rally. And it would have been a much better scenario for the mother or father to take the child outside somewhere calmer and quieter, for the benefit of the child, instead of in a room that, even with A/C running full tilt, would have been over heated and incredibly noisy for the child. Or the child could very well have needed his/her parents' attention for something like changing a diaper.
YouTube Video Placeholder

There you go, find in here where he booted the baby. Go ahead, I'll wait.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-04 14:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

We're a funny country. We're not supposed to be taken seriously. Except our beer and beef.

You had Justin Bieber. Take him back.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-04 14:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The baby thing was a joke, an obvious one, the baby wasn't booted nor were his parents.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 14:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

There you go, find in here where he booted the baby. Go ahead, I'll wait.
I never said the baby was booted out. And if you had actually read what was written, first thing I said, was that it *WAS* taken out of context.
Then I went on to add *it would have been a much better scenario*, which is alluding to a "what if" scenario, instead of going with the failed response that he had the baby kicked out.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 14:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

You had Justin Bieber. Take him back.
No. You gave the world Trump and Hillary. We're the only country in the world with the balls to punish you with Celine Dion and Justin Beiber. Which your country seems to like more than your presidential hopefuls.
By Ramyrez 2016-08-04 14:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

None of those are libel. Not necessarily good journalism.

But not libel.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 14:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, video not available in my country.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 14:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
None of those are libel. Not necessarily good journalism.

But not libel.
Libel

Quote:
noun
Law.
defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.
the act or crime of publishing it.
a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge.
anything that is defamatory or that maliciously or damagingly misrepresents.

Seriously, how can you define any of that as "not libel"?

It was purposefully written and reported just for the sake of damaging a presidential candidate. Not only is it libel, it is blatant libel and slander.

The media hates Trump because, when elected, he will openly pursue the media to reign in their libel reporting. Probably even propose legislation that would, you know, actually hold media outlets liable for what they publish.

Meaning that the media will have no choice but to report the news, as it is, without any of the extra commentary associated with it today.

Is that a bad thing, really?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 14:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said the baby was booted out. And if you had actually read what was written, first thing I said, was that it *WAS* taken out of context.
Then I went on to add *it would have been a much better scenario*, which is alluding to a "what if" scenario, instead of going with the failed response that he had the baby kicked out.
Besides the point, it is how this story was presented, also used as an example of libel (which I so graciously provided the definition for).
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-04 14:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there evidence that Trump even made those comments?

I mean, what the article stated was a 3rd party said he talked to Trump, and Trump said that. No evidence that they even met, much less evidence that Trump made those comments in the first place.

Why can't we have the original source material on this? Oh wait, the author is the original source material, meaning he made it up....

Back in March he did say nuking Europe wasn't off the table in his statements on the air. The why can't we use nukes thing is uncorroborated but he is on the record as saying:

"I am not—I am not taking cards off the table,"

about using nukes in Europe.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 53 54 55