users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Can somone explain a detail of the AH
Can somone explain a detail of the AH
 Unicorn.Cycl
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
By Unicorn.Cycl 2009-09-11 18:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I put a scroll of stonega 2 up for 100k when there was only 1 other on the AH.

Since then, 4 have sold, all at 100k, except for mine.

Could someone shed light on how the actual bid versus the posting price determines who's items sells? If the other people had listed theirs at 99k, yet the bidders still bid 100k, would their sell first?

Just a tad confused.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Acropora
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Acropora
By Midgardsormr.Acropora 2009-09-11 19:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe if you place yours up for 100k and 4 people put theirs up for 99k theirs would sell first =/ That seems to be how it goes but I'm not 100% sure, I usually just toss up for the approximate price and hope its not up there for days. If you didn't wanna lose 1k on someone bidding 99k on it, you can always put it up for 99,999 XD
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-09-11 19:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It works like youassumed it does. If your scroll is up for 100k, and theirs was up for 95k, theirs wills ell first regardless of how long it was up.

The AH takes the one that is cheapest, regardless of whatever bid was placed...as long as it is exactly that amount or higher.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-11 19:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, whichever is put up lowest will sell first, regardless of what someone bids. If yours is up for 100k, and someone elses is up for 1k, even if someone bids 200k, the 1k will still sell first.

If two items are up for the exact same amount, the one that was put up first will sell first, but this almost never happens, as most people will put things up for a little under.

That's why if you really need to save money, you should always try and bid below the price on something you want. If it's selling for 10k, try 9k, 9,001, 9,100, 9,500 etc.
[+]
 Unicorn.Cycl
By Unicorn.Cycl 2009-09-11 19:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, I was hoping exact bid would top the lowest listed. Ty for the info ^^
[+]
 Unicorn.Smurfo
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-09-13 01:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cycl said:
Meh, I was hoping exact bid would top the lowest listed. Ty for the info ^^

There would be much less economic fluctuation and far less annoyance due to AH in this game if that were they case. Unfortunately SE likes torture methods of doing things.