Random Politics & Religion #06

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #06
Random Politics & Religion #06
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 34 35 36
By fonewear 2016-06-06 11:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
To say that only white guys get gunned down as mooks in movies show you guys clearly don't watch movies for ***.

Any movie about Asia features the most ambiguous....North Koreans ever. Most of them will be blown up, maimed, shot, stabbed, eviscerated, thrown into a meat grinder or run over with a tank.

If it's a movie about drugs, odds are some Hispanics are going to meet American diplomacy in the shape of a harpoon gun, grenade or Danny Trejo kicking so much *** you're going to want to read the guys biography about turning from a criminal into a pretty successful action star.

Is the movie in Europe? Better call out my gang of rando...Russians who aren't actually Russian but have funny accents. They smuggle women and are the offbrand white guys but sure as sunrise they too are going to be smashed against the rocks of protagonist asskickery. See John Wick, or how Keanu Reeves is one of the nicest badasses you've ever met.

Also, if you need stock baddies. Visit the black guy emporium. Half off on tall, large black guys who act as enforcers. Buy two, get both of them blown up by the protagonist half off.

I've been to the black guy emporium you can't get the full experience in one day !
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-06 11:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Watch them deflect left and right then try to somehow say it's men's fault for society finding male genital mutilation humerus.

humerus.

No bones about it, that was humorous!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-06 11:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I think Obama should be the next James Bond. As a former president I think that qualifies him !

The names, Strike. Drone Strike.

Join Obama as he journey's to Russia to capture Edward Snowden himself. Joe Biden as Q. Michelle Obama as Moneypenny. Hillary Clinton as M. And Barack Hussain Obama as James Bond.

The Living Dronestrike.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-06 11:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

To reiterate: No one cares about mooks. Period. The sole purpose of mooks is to die in some fashion so the protagonist looks like a *** badass.

And women are never ever cast as mooks because doing so would torpedo the films ratings and guarantee negative publicity.

A fictional villain of demigod like powers choking a fictional female mutant creates intense drama and criticism from the people supposedly about "equality" yet that same demigod slapping around male characters generates a laugh. Sexism all right just not the kind that fits the politically expedient narrative. Gotta make sure those "real facts" are pushed.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-06 11:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Or rather cause women in armies is a relatively new thing. And you do see them getting blown up in action movies too now.

No, nobody loses their ***about it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-06 11:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
finding male genital mutilation humerus.
I don't know how this even partains to the conversation at hand.
And it's humorous.
And no one finds it so.

Comedy has a scene where the guy nearly has his *** cut off / or is severely injured in the genitals, the audience laughs and the world is right.

Comedy has a scene where the female nearly has her breasts cut off / or is severely injured in the genitals, the audience goes ape ***and gets angry.

Its the sexist belief that it's socially acceptable to hurt males but not socially acceptable to hurt females.

Now you may begin dancing
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-06 11:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

To reiterate: No one cares about mooks. Period. The sole purpose of mooks is to die in some fashion so the protagonist looks like a *** badass.

And women are never ever cast as mooks because doing so would torpedo the films ratings and guarantee negative publicity.

A fictional villain of demigod like powers choking a fictional female mutant creates intense drama and criticism from the people supposedly about "equality" yet that same demigod slapping around male characters generates a laugh. Sexism all right just not the kind that fits the politically expedient narrative. Gotta make sure those "real facts" are pushed.

People will *** about everything. It isn't something limited to your dichotomy of red v. blue or whatever puts you guys to bed at night.

Racists will whine about Finn as a stormtrooper and radical *** justice warriors will whine about Mystique getting choked out by Apocalypse in a bad movie that should be jettisoned into space.

As I said before, audiences are not used to seeing women put in the same positions as men with regards to being mooks. Not that women aren't mooks in movies but it's not as common as using stock eastern europeans, blacks or whatever Americans are afraid lives under their beds at night.

Much in the way that Black Widow can now kick *** on screen as an Avenger and no one blinks an eye, so too shall the day come where women are turned into mincemeat on screen.

Frankly, the rarer occurrence would be seeing an Asian male lead in a movie get the girl and not be reduced to IM GOOD AT MATH.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-06 11:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Or rather cause women in armies is a relatively new thing. And you do see them getting blown up in action movies too now.

No...

Women have been getting killed and maimed for tens of thousands of years, usually after the invading army killed off all the males.

This isn't a new thing...

But hey "new facts" right
By fonewear 2016-06-06 11:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone that pretends to be a woman on the internet...all of this is offensive !
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-06 11:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

finding male genital mutilation humerus.
I don't know how this even partains to the conversation at hand.
And it's humorous.
And no one finds it so.

Comedy has a scene where the guy nearly has his *** cut off / or is severely injured in the genitals, the audience laughs and the world is right.

Comedy has a scene where the female nearly has her breasts cut off / or is severely injured in the genitals, the audience goes ape ***and gets angry.

Its the sexist belief that it's socially acceptable to hurt males but not socially acceptable to hurt females.

Now you may begin dancing
You started dancing already yourself.
The joke is that it's easy to hurt balls. But you do see women getting punched or kicked in the box(as Spoon would say)too.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-06 11:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No...

Women have been getting killed and maimed for tens of thousands of years, usually after the invading army killed off all the males.

Very interesting deflection.

But this will keep on going unless we decide what movies we're talking about. Because from random people being killed I thought we were onto actions, we don't usually see villages pillaged in action movies. Just either armies fighting or mafia organizations(the least liberal work environment ever).
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-06 11:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

No...

We're talking about cinema, which informs alot of common notions which may or may not be correct. Women having lead roles or acting as leaders in actiony movies only became a standard in the mid 80s. Prior to that women did have leading roles but mostly in love stories, mysteries and other 'hands off' genres.

Seeing a woman kick a guys *** is still pretty new in the cinema world. Think about that. This is all within 30 years. Pretty jarring but quick.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-06 11:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone that pretends to be a woman on the internet...all of this is offensive !

*** or gtfo.
 Valefor.Rawry
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Rawry 2016-06-06 11:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

And I've seen a lot of action movies with bad women getting punched and killed by a male good guy. I don't even know what we're talking about lol.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-06 11:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Rawry said: »
And I've seen a lot of action movies with bad women getting punched and killed by a male good guy. I don't even know what we're talking about lol.

[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-06 11:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

*** or gtfo.

Don't worry we don't know what is going on either just go along with the flow !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-06 11:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

THE DEFENSE RESTS.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-06 11:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I look like in real life !

By fonewear 2016-06-06 11:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I dye my hair red so men won't approach me !
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-06 11:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Also this conversation reminded me of the scenes with the swedish bodyguard in Spy lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-06-06 11:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither do they.

Red Sonja was great. They should bring that back and make a franchise out of it. Terminator was pretty bad *** too. Alien comes to mind as well. We're talking about kick *** action movies with female leads right? Or we pseudo-alpha males whinning about not enough women getting beat down on film...?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-06 11:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
pseudo-alpha males whining about not enough women getting beat down on film...?
Yep.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-06-06 11:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Nobody cares about bad ***happening to adult white men, they only care about bad ***happening to women and children.
Fixed that for you.

Remember the controversy that happened when the first Star Wars Episode VII trailer was released?

#BlackStormtroopersLivesMatter
ahhh yes the old white males are so persecuted routine lol... Are you talking about the rage over there being a black storm trooper in the first place when the racist flag let loose in protest over this atrocity that a black storm trooper was allowed to exist in the first place?

Lol you guys are ridiculous though... You criticize others for bemoaning their lot in life when they actually have some truth behind their woes then whine all day about how tough it is to be a white guy in America... It's pretty funny and a bit sad too...
Wow, is that what you got from that?

A person makes an observation and all you do is get defensive about it.

Why don't you go back to not posting before you start more trouble like usual?

Yeah, that's what I got from the whole Finn debacle because the internet was full of ridiculous mouthbreathers making no sense but raising alot of hell over a black stormtrooper. Complete with the racial shitstorm that we're just supposed to accept as status quo on the internet.

Nevermind stormtroopers have long stopped being clones and were basically just drafted, indoctrinated people the vocal nerdship couldn't handle not seeing themselves in every character. It wasn't even a logical reaction, just a knee jerk one in the same vein that Tumblr is full of idiots who want to see clouds as somehow part of the inherent systems of oppression.

These people do no one any favors.
In my opinion, stormtroopers are supposed to represent the faceless aggressors, which means nobody gave a flying *** if they got shot, and nobody would really pitch a fit if they were white, black, yellow, green, or purple.

They were the red shirts of Star Wars. To be arbitrarily executed for the sake of the heroes, justified by their oppressive nature they exude. Putting a face on a stormtrooper, like they did in Episode VII, pretty much destroyed that image that was setup with the first 3 movies (Episodes IV, V, and VI, not the other 3 movies).

But that's Lucasfilm's Disney's discretion.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-06 11:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Another beloved cinema trope. The posh British guy is obviously evil and needs to be shot in the face. Because the British Empire was an empire of EVIL.

American Variant: Texan oil guy = EVIL. Bonus points if you cast Michael Caine as a Texan oil guy playing a British guy in a movie where Steven Seagal plays a wannabe Native American.

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-06 11:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There's just still a lot of stereotypes used in cinema, it's nothing new.
By fonewear 2016-06-06 11:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shooting a woman point blank in the head my new fantasy !
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-06 11:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Neither do they.

Red Sonja was great. They should bring that back and make a franchise out of it. Terminator was pretty bad *** too. Alien comes to mind as well. We're talking about kick *** action movies with female leads right? Or we pseudo-alpha males whinning about not enough women getting beat down on film...?

We're all familiar with the representation of xenomorphs, right? Uhhh...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-06-06 11:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh H R Giger discussions are funnzies, Penis Landscape or work 219. What does it really say?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-06-06 11:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of Giger and to keep with these outraged topic:

Quote:
Set in the seedy parts of New York City, Killer Condom follows gay Detective Luigi Mackeroni (Udo Samel), who has been hired to investigate a series of bizarre attacks at the Hotel Quickie in which male guests have all had their penises mysteriously bitten off. While at the crime scene, he enlists the services of a gigolo named Billy and invites him up to the crime room. Before the two men engage in sex, a carnivorous living condom interrupts them and bites off Mackeroni's right testicle.

Now on a personal vendetta, Mackeroni begins his lone quest to not only bring a stop to the rash of condom attacks, but also face his true feelings toward Billy the gigolo.

Outrageous
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-06 11:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There can be only one "True Detective"

YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 34 35 36