Mandau trials - Need some more info please~
 Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Mayulaa
By Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh 2016-05-24 17:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi people~

Just came back to the game after 6+ years and i need to finish my mandau's trials nightmare.
I'm on #1818 ( plantoids killshots with "Mercy Stroke" ) but the last ones confuse me.

First, they didn't change or reduce the numbers of kills for these trials ? ( monster kills )

Then, the ones with "mandau equipped " ( animated dagger etc... ) can be done with Mandau off-handed ?

Last, the 1 pluton upgrade is for people who were done with the 119v2 BEFORE the update introducing the 119v3 version ? So someone like me will have to gather the 10,0000 plutons, right ?

Thanks in advance ! ^^
By fonewear 2016-05-24 17:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You will have to get 10,000 plutons unless your mandau already has an afterglow on it.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-05-24 17:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

For your Attestation and Animated Dagger NMs, you can get credit while offhanding your Mandau
By Ulthakptah 2016-05-24 18:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You can afterglow from 119, but 10k plutons is cheaper than 250 marrows.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-25 12:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »

It's also cheaper to buy Skinflayers. Mandau is a really expensive lockstyle piece for me now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh
By Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh 2016-05-25 12:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx for the informations.

About Mandau, it's really a FFXI lifetime goal so taking it to 119v3 might take forever but it's ok. I'm not after pure performance ( mainly casual now anyway ) as i can't play much. ^^;
[+]
By fonewear 2016-05-25 12:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

It's also cheaper to buy Skinflayers. Mandau is a really expensive lockstyle piece for me now.

What ?
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-25 12:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

What ?

Making my 119 Mandau is probably the biggest waste of gil I've ever made in this game.
By fonewear 2016-05-25 13:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to talk about a waste how about all the useless weapons and armor from 75 to 99 era...anyways making a relic weapon for me was enjoyable. It gave me a reason to log in every day.
By Ulthakptah 2016-05-25 13:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What ?

Making my 119 Mandau is probably the biggest waste of gil I've ever made in this game.
I named mine buyer's remorse.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-25 13:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to talk about a waste how about all the useless weapons and armor from 75 to 99 era...anyways making a relic weapon for me was enjoyable. It gave me a reason to log in every day.

I just posted a dagger hierarchy in the THF guide. Mandau is 6th. It is by far the weakest of the 4 ultimate daggers. If you are looking for a reason to log in everyday, any of the other ultimate daggers can serve that purpose.

I do think Mandau looks the coolest of the daggers, though. But I'm not typically one to spend 100mil to look cool, so I consider it a waste in hindsight.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh
By Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh 2016-05-25 14:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

err well said like that, it might be a good reason to regret it !

I'll check your list ^^ !
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [82 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Kiyara
Server: Siren
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2016-08-15 23:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Any suggestions on how to efficiently farm plutons? I was hoping to just wait for the price to plummet again but it seems that will never happen so I'll have to farm them myself. Spending 100,000,000 gil for just plutons is bit too steep for my taste so I rather farm for it. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I pretty much solo everything because no one wants to play together on Siren server.
 Siren.Lordgrim
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-15 23:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

3 good options would be trying out

1.Difficult or very difficult merit avatar fights these drop cases and box's singles in individual reward also open pool rewards. You will get more for very difficult battles.

2. Spamming Ambuscade building up points to purchase the plutons in the Ambuscade rewards.

3. Aquire as many Escha KI that increase chances of rare monsters then farm escha Ruan you will spawn little flying piggies and these have a chance of dropping singles boxes and cases of all 3 types.

Sell what you don't need on the AH and buy Plutons with that gil.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-16 00:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you see me on I am down to help
 Siren.Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2016-08-16 00:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like there isn't an easy method so looks like it's going to be a very slow process as 2 of the options require a group of 6 which is out of the question for me. I only have 16 million gil so that isn't going to go very far with buying plutons. I really don't want to spend 1 year farming plutons having to log in 3 hours a day every day just to upgrade my weapon. Did 2 years of Mandau farming in Dynamis and that really took a toll on me. Those days are done.

Just did the math and I need to farm on average 28 plutons a day for a whole 365 days just to get 10000 plutons. Way too slow. I'm looking to take 1-2 months max to accomplish this upgrade. Keep in mind I only play when it's free to play at this point as there really is no incentive for me to go back full time like before as all my friends have quit. Think I'm better off just waiting to change that plutons will plummet in price back to 1k down the road then I can just buy them all in one shot.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-08-16 01:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Difficult merit fights don't necessarily require a group, and certainly don't require 6 people. VD doesn't necessarily require 6 either.

Low-manning delve is another option for some plutons/gil, although perhaps the most obvious answer is to just farm gil and buy them if none of the other options are appealing. They aren't going to fall to even 5k in the foreseeable future.
By Afania 2016-08-16 02:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kiyara said: »
Seems like there isn't an easy method so looks like it's going to be a very slow process as 2 of the options require a group of 6 which is out of the question for me. I only have 16 million gil so that isn't going to go very far with buying plutons. I really don't want to spend 1 year farming plutons having to log in 3 hours a day every day just to upgrade my weapon. Did 2 years of Mandau farming in Dynamis and that really took a toll on me. Those days are done.

Just did the math and I need to farm on average 28 plutons a day for a whole 365 days just to get 10000 plutons. Way too slow. I'm looking to take 1-2 months max to accomplish this upgrade. Keep in mind I only play when it's free to play at this point as there really is no incentive for me to go back full time like before as all my friends have quit. Think I'm better off just waiting to change that plutons will plummet in price back to 1k down the road then I can just buy them all in one shot.

Unless SE change their policy I don't see how pluton will get to 1k each. Relics are pretty good, the demand is high and it's not exactly efficient to farm outside of campaign. If you only play when it's free to play then your best bet is to make more gil per hr then spend 100m on it. Otherwise if htbc campaign isn't up when free to play no pt would go farm these.

You don't really need to play 3hr a day for an year to make enough gil for 10k pluton though. Avg gil per hr per char when VW or HTBC campaign up is roughly 2m per hr, 3hr a day of play time can get you 4m a day even you waste 1hr of your time seeking pt. Can finish in less than a month tbh, faster if you have mules.
By Bahadir 2016-08-16 03:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Low-manning delve is another option for some plutons/gil
Problem here is again 3 man minimum. If you really want to stay solo/with trusts, however, can try farming delve NMs outside. They drop boxes/cases as well and are usually very easy to kill solo with trusts. They dont take much time either (TH very benefitial here).
 Siren.Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2016-08-16 23:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly at this point, I need to find something viable to make millions of gil in a short time but seems all the big money maker items are from high level content that isn't soloable.

Farming the plutons themselves (unless the delve NMs drop boxes like candy which I seriously doubt) doesn't seem as productive than straight out buying them. Need to find something that I can make some serious dough on to get anywhere. How is the drop rate on Riftcinder from Ig-Alima? Also, does using the weakening items hurt the drop rate? Thanks.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2016-08-17 15:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Farming for gil is much faster than farming for plutons.

don't want to be captain obvious, but there is a VW campaign going on with capped lights and a couple of those NMs you could easily join a group killing them in 10 seconds and spam a ton.

100k a pop for HMP that goes pretty fast and 700k a pop for Dross/Cinders plus other money items depending on what mob you fight.

I have a friend using 8 characters, including mine and in 4 days farmed enough to finish my almace (needed 600ish HMP and 35 cinders and 10300 boulders - purchased boulders over 2 days at around 9k each) and have 15M more than I had the day before campaign.

He's probably made well over 150M in excess and counting in 5 days (after buying at least 5k boulders for me).

**Disclaimer this isnt normal, but you get the idea. Solo some VW nms hardcore for a week and you should have enough to buy those plutons.
 Siren.Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2016-08-18 02:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I saw the voidwatch campaign. Which NM is best to farm? I can definitely do Ig-alima but not sure if that is the best NM to farm for good gil. I didn't get any drops whatsoever in the 5 times I killed him. Heard Bismarck has some good drops but not sure if a thf can solo that with trust NPCs because of the death aoe.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-18 02:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I hear aello, qilin, uptala are good ones to rotate with or stand by to spam. Don't be afraid to send a tell to anyone that's already there doing them. Everyone gets better chances of pouches with more people. Could even make a random pick up party or alliance with a few Yells
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-18 02:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It beats going it alone I love company
 Shiva.Ariaum
Server: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2016-08-18 02:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

In less than 6 hours since the campaign started doing VW I've made just over 10M. I was also taken to an Avatar VD fight the other night (had no real need or desire to go) like 2-3 stacks of each type. While the VW campain is going farming plates would be the way to go if you have no on else you can rely on for sure shouting for 2-4 more ppl isn't going to be hard and jobs really don't matter. Doing Uptala or Kirin VW for pouches.
[+]
 Siren.Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2016-08-18 23:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting people to do anything sadly is like pulling teeth on Siren. I've been doing decent farming Escha-Ru'Aun. Killing Aerns for exp/merits with my rings while accomplishing around 6-7 objectives for RoE which gives me Copper Vouchers to buy Plutons. Sometimes Porxie NM spawns which gives me pluton cases and Porxie wings (70k a stack on AH) along with Eschalixir +1s (50k per stack). Also from the brown chests you can get Eschite Ores which are going for 700-800k each. Gotten 1 of those so far. Also can use my accolades from RoE to buy 50k +1 items and stack those for 600k a stack.

Really easy to do as the mobs are only decent challenge to tough and I get around 1.2 million exp/420k capacity points per hour.

Still looking for the motherload though on good money drops. Might try soloing Uptala with trust NPCs to get plates.

Also, noticed the Fiat Lux campaign for Umbral Marrows but Throne Room (S) isn't under a city's control so can't do that one.

I really want to do Intense Ambuscade with a group as I can't seem to solo the very easy one (Giga NM spams too much aoe and one of this attacks takes all you mp away). Any help with Intense Ambuscade on how to solo very easy with thf and trusts would be appreciated.
 Siren.Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2016-08-19 21:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did some Uptala spam and it's pretty damn simple but not a single pouch dropped. Did 18 of them and nothing dropped. 6% drop rate so probably going to be pulling teeth for this.

The Splitter Hiers "Shadowreign BCNM campaign" has provided better results. Have gotten a few floor mats from various Voidwatch NMs (Akvan, Kaggan etc) which are around 500k each and some Heavy Metal Plates plus other various stackable items which go for around 100-200k a stack (gold ingots, dragon meat, etc). This BCNM has a slight chance to drop a Ranperre Gold Piece which is an easy 35 million gil. Going to spam this a lot. Really easy to solo and only take about 10 minutes per run (9 minutes of running and 1 minute for the actual fight).