Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 116 117 118
By clearlyamule 2018-06-15 17:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tydis said: »
Why didn't anyone tell me how cool Xon is? I have never bothered stealing because it seemed like a hassle but I kinda wanted to do to work towards Dominion Ring (yeah I know...shut up!)

tl;dr Waylay is pretty awesome.
Xon isn't cool!!!

I assume you mean the steal trophy? That is the least of your worries lol. Took all of like a week or to of just having my collesium team do repeat of steal and 1 shot move. The other trophies like win 10k times in arena and megacryst @.@
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2018-06-15 19:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Xon flips a coin in his victory pose. The dude is literally all that is cool.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ciri Zireael 2018-06-16 11:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea Reberta is really really strong currently. ADK on the other hand is completely embarrassing.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-16 12:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ciri Zireael said: »
Yea Reberta is really really strong currently. ADK on the other hand is completely embarrassing.
Kain has been in embarrassing since the 90s so nothing new
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2018-06-16 14:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I'm finding this Kain fight impossible.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2018-06-16 15:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Is he shredding your tank? I imagine he's nasty with out an evasion voke tank.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-06-16 15:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
I have managed to get 100% evasion on Noctis but then he's wrecking me with his AoE Ice + Dark attacks.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2018-06-16 15:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I have managed to get 100% evasion on Noctis but then he's wrecking me with his AoE Ice + Dark attacks.
Ah, they're magic so you can use mystia or shylt to cover the party, they can also give stop immunity. Fenrir gives 50/25% ice/dark resist so can cap out their resistance fairly easy if you got a bunch of minfilia TMs from the XIV event.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-06-16 15:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, they're magic so you can use mystia or shylt to cover the party, they can also give stop immunity. Fenrir gives 50/25% ice/dark resist so can cap out their resistance fairly easy if you got a bunch of minfilia TMs from the XIV event.
Hmm don't have Mystea or Shylt set up yet, could look into that, otherwise I have Chow but he has no stop resist ability.
By Ciri Zireael 2018-06-16 17:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm don't have Mystea or Shylt set up yet, could look into that, otherwise I have Chow but he has no stop resist ability.

????

Regardless under 40% Kain will dispel you before he stops you.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-06-16 17:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh...

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-16 17:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it's easy to overlook the extra resists on Chow's stat boosts but they pretty nice.

The problem someone noted after is he starts doing holy torch rotations and not at end of his turn. So he will do things like dispel your stop resist, provoke and magic cover and then proceed to wreck the things those things were protecting you from before ending his turn. It's a really annoying fight. A 100% passive provoke would be nice except you can't 100% evasion it and well they gimped yellow balloon for us anyways so can't get 100%
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-06-16 18:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If you still need to finish this fight I'll put up a 100% evade provoke tank. I suggest gearing your team for ice resistance as much as possible and bringing along someone like Chloe, Cerius, or Minfilia for 70% dark resistance.

A team I'd suggest, a friend unit can replace any of these:

#1: A strong damage dealer with tons of Human Killer. (Man killer, Man killer+, Diabolos) Tidus, Ang, Cupid Artemios, and Olive are all great solo DDs. Barring 5*, you don't have many options, but Victoria is an excellent solo DD with Firaja stacking.

#2: A strong Provoke tank. 100% Evade is best. WoL is easiest to build 100% evade for if you have some old event gear like Kiyomori. Liquid Metal Slime, Cagnazzo, Enhanced Merc Ramza, and Wilhelm can just eat the Jump with no issues if you give them a good DEF buff and 30% mitigation. My LMS with a 110% DEF buff, 30% mitigation, and Pod physical mitigation ate the jump and survived with around 300HP left out of 1600. Wilhelm has the additional benefit of having 100% innate draw attacks if you give him Yellow Balloon and Moogle Plushie, but you'll want to put up his mitigation ability if you can't build him for 100% provoke. Your provoke tank will be the only unit that ever gets stopped if you do this right. He uses Copper Hourglass every 2 turns under 60% HP, as well as at his 40% and 20% thresholds. It lasts 2 turns. You can manipulate which moves he uses by intelligently pushing his thresholds and provoking on the turn right before copper hourglass occurs. This gives at minimum 1 extra turn of provoke per hourglass which is enough to eat the jump every time. This is probably the one that most people need a friend unit for.

#3: A good buffer. CG Nichol, Ramza, Lunera. Enhanced Soleil is an excellent replacement for any of these if you don't have the 5* powerhouses as she provides 120% buffs to all stats in just 3 turns. CG Nichol is, unsurprisingly, the best possible unit for this as he can provide 110% to every stat, 30% mitigation, and 70% resist to ice and dark in addition to buffing your tank and DD by 130% to every stat.

#4: A good green mage. Chloe and Minfilia can provide 70% ice and dark resistance via their abilities. Kain will Dispel you at 40% and 20%, however he will also use Double Jump at this time, giving you 2 turns to put your resist buffs back up: i.e., on the turn that he dispels and jumps, put ice back up, and on the turn that he lands, put dark back up. He will also dispel every 3 turns, but you can avoid this if you're able to push his HP by 20% every 3 turns as you'd be forcing him through his thresholds. This gives ample time to keep your resistance buffs, or at least one of them, active. I suggest building your team to have as close to 30% ice and/or dark resistance on each unit as you can while going over 30% as best you can for Dark, as if you don't push him through a threshold, Kain will use Dispel and Darkness on the same turn. Espers are great for this. Fenrir gives both 50% ice AND 25% dark; Diabolos gives 50% dark; Shiva gives 50% ice. This will give you a buffer to survive on turns where you couldn't get all of your resistance buffs back up in time. You can also put Pod on this unit if you have it to put up Physical mitigation for your provoke tank, if they don't have 100% evade.

#5: A capable healer. This slot is also easy to fit MP recovery into. The choices are simple: Ayaka, CG Fina, or Rosa. Ayaka can dispel Stop from your provoke tank, CG Fina can recover MP and give reraise to your entire team as well as provide a 40% all element buff to your entire team which is great if your green mage is somehow dead or if you need your secondary element covered quickly, and Rosa... well. For those without a 5* healer, Rosa is the best in the game. She can easily cap out your team's HP every turn if you give her Holy Rod for dualcast Curaga, with Phoenix equipped she can dualcast Raise, and to top it all off, she gets this little ability called Bless. When Bless is upgraded to +2, a 400-450SPR Rosa will recover your party's HP by 2000-2500 and your party's MP by 60-80 every single turn. She is ridiculously powerful and underutilized. Ayaka and Fina are clearly superior to Rosa a lot of the time but Rosa has benched my Ayaka/CGFina occasionally just due to her immense MP recovery throughput.

Also make sure someone has Dispel to get rid of Kain's MAG/ATK buff. If none of your units possess it naturally, several espers can enable it. Ramuh, Odin, Siren, and Carbuncle.

I can provide any of these so lmk

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2018-06-17 12:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Yeah it's easy to overlook the extra resists on Chow's stat boosts but they pretty nice.

The problem someone noted after is he starts doing holy torch rotations and not at end of his turn. So he will do things like dispel your stop resist, provoke and magic cover and then proceed to wreck the things those things were protecting you from before ending his turn. It's a really annoying fight. A 100% passive provoke would be nice except you can't 100% evasion it and well they gimped yellow balloon for us anyways so can't get 100%

Moogle Plushie and Draw Attacks (Wilhelm) allows for 80% target and can still do 100% (115% actually) evasion. Judge cloak can allow for 100% target but only 90% evasion.

As for Kain, I can do a Dragonlord and you can cap a chain with Kafrizzle.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-17 13:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

80% can work... but even 95% got screwed by rng lol.

Oh and Judge cloak's ability only works with Zarg, Basch and Drace.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Komugichan
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2018-06-20 15:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to pull for the old man from the Kings event I did 15 tickets and 1 10+1 I got 1 Barusa and 2 Ray Jacks from the 10+1 I got more Ray Jacks than I do old man 3 vs 2 kind of sad.
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2018-06-20 21:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Might try 1 5k pull then back to saving for CG Reagan which I'm hoping is In 2 or 3 weeks xD
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2018-06-21 07:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

These cryst caves make me moist.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-06-21 10:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I just might even enhance a 2nd trance terra lol
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-06-21 11:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

petition Gumi to make these cryst caves part of the cactuar/snapper rotation
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2018-06-21 12:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
petition Gumi to make these cryst caves part of the cactuar/snapper rotation
Is this a one time thing? I was figuring it would be every story event now :x

clearlyamule said: »
I just might even enhance a 2nd trance terra lol
I'm just getting off to being able to isolate what drops... I've needed T1 black crysts forever but haven't wanted to farm because I have white and green of all tiers growing out my ears.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-21 12:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh that's what I meant like being able to farm specific colors makes me want to do some of the enhancements I was on the fence about.

I'm also in a similar situation with T1 support. Got tons of higher like 200 T2 and got hundreds of healing but like 2 T1 support.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2018-06-21 14:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I have tons of T3 4 and 5 for most except tech and power but have always lacked for 1 and 2s... Also the caves can drop T5s.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-06-21 16:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they keep the crystal caves for all future story events, *** extra stage 1 and 2, I've seen the light.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-21 21:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I take back everything I said about Xon... a lot of unique niche moves. Now I wish I hadn't fused some. Also Cedona is also kind of awesome for one of those reason
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 116 117 118