Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Voidwatch campaign drop rate
Voidwatch campaign drop rate
First Page 2 3
By Whuteva 2016-04-17 00:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So this is my first VW campaign since I came back. I remember back in the days when voidwatch was done with 18 ppl, the drop rate for pouches was about 1/6-12, or 1/18 when you were unlucky. So far I have my drop rate is 10/500, so whats going on? Is there a limited number of pouches per day for the whole server or something? That could explain the low drop rate with everyone spamming it. Am I the only one getting crappy drop rate?
By iambatman3131 2016-04-17 01:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Working as intended.
 Cerberus.Diavolo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2016-04-17 01:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

iambatman3131 said: »
Working as intended.

Unfortunately.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-04-17 01:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Whuteva said: »
So this is my first VW campaign since I came back. I remember back in the days when voidwatch was done with 18 ppl, the drop rate for pouches was about 1/6-12, or 1/18 when you were unlucky. So far I have my drop rate is 10/500, so whats going on? Is there a limited number of pouches per day for the whole server or something? That could explain the low drop rate with everyone spamming it. Am I the only one getting crappy drop rate?

I've been really up and down. I've gone out for an hour, 3 people and 0 pouches. I've also gotten 7 pouches in 48~ kills.
By Lariae 2016-04-17 02:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The drop rate on pouches is 6%. I farm Qilin 72 cells/weakeners per run. On average I should get 8 pouches (I run two characters). Last run's ive done ive gotten 7, 5, 9 and 6. Seems about right to me.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-04-17 04:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Qilin is horrible, Uptala is way better. I've farmed over 1600 hmp in about 5 days (check Orphanos on Lakshmi if you don't believe me). Also, cells make drop worse for hmp. Always use 5 weaks per mob, the time you will save adds up.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-17 05:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Qilin is horrible, Uptala is way better. I've farmed over 1600 hmp in about 5 days (check Orphanos on Lakshmi if you don't believe me). Also, cells make drop worse for hmp. Always use 5 weaks per mob, the time you will save adds up.

I believe u. U have like 4 chars lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-04-17 05:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foreverj said: »

Haha yeah. Uptala pouches are higher drop then Qilin.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-17 07:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha yeah. Uptala pouches are higher drop then Qilin.

I do aello with 2 chars. Was like 12 pouches over 90 kills X 2 chars. So basically 12/180.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-04-17 07:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

nice
By Whuteva 2016-04-17 12:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically I'm getting screwed twelve ways from sunday here. Thats exactly what I thought. Oh and I'm always trading red and blue cells. I know blue cells are not supposed help, but since the rate is so low I'm doing it anyways just in case.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-04-18 05:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently triboxing Uptala, no pouches in 8 kills. Starting to think they're the same damn drop rate across all 3.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-18 06:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Currently triboxing Uptala, no pouches in 8 kills. Starting to think they're the same damn drop rate across all 3.

So that's 0/24. That happens. What u wanna do is get more people use 1-2 weakeners to make it 30 seconds fights 50 fight an hour and hopefully get 5 pouches on your 3 chars.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-18 06:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxidb.com/items/5910
Go to the Voidwatch Chests tab.

They're the same across the board. That "same" is 6%, so you should average ~1/17 pops on average.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-04-18 07:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

So that's 0/24. That happens. What u wanna do is get more people use 1-2 weakeners to make it 30 seconds fights 50 fight an hour and hopefully get 5 pouches on your 3 chars.

I can tribox Qilin or Uptala in 30s without weakeners. But Uptala is more annoying (knockbacks, have to push more buttons to make up for his PDT, etc.) and if it's not any better as Byrth's link shows, there's no reason to bother with it. Qilin dies in 4 WS's, or 3 WS + 1 MB, it's very easy.
By Arcto 2016-04-18 07:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Weakeners during campaign does increase drops?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-18 07:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

With 9 HMPs per pouch average and a 6% chance of drop, that works out to 0.54 plates per Zilart VW T3 kill.

Kaggen/Pil/Akvan are 0.35 plates/kill and drop crafting mats for armor upgrades.

Morta/Bismarck are 0.13 plates/kill but also drop Rift items 6% of the time and crafting mats that aren't worth nothing.

It's probably not worth bum rushing sky when Kaggen/Pil/Akvan/Morta/Bismarck kills are probably worth more in the long run. I personally have only been doing Qilin lately because I kinda want Coruscanti for lockstyle Q.Q;
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-04-18 07:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
With 9 HMPs per pouch average and a 6% chance of drop, that works out to 0.54 plates per Zilart VW T3 kill.

Kaggen/Pil/Akvan are 0.35 plates/kill and drop crafting mats for armor upgrades.

Morta/Bismarck are 0.13 plates/kill but also drop Rift items 6% of the time and crafting mats that aren't worth nothing.

It's probably not worth bum rushing sky when Kaggen/Pil/Akvan/Morta/Bismarck kills are probably worth more in the long run. I personally have only been doing Qilin lately because I kinda want Coruscanti for lockstyle Q.Q;

I'm doing Qilin mostly because I don't know voidwatch well, Qilin is really quick, and Bismarck was annoying when I did it. Also it helps the HMP market, and that's not getting as overloaded as I wish. I have 3k HMP to farm (for my two weapons) and my buddy (who I'm triboxing) needs 1500. Prices aren't falling below 100k/each yet, 450mil is a tough call and will only get easier if supply starts outpacing demand. While Morta/Bismarck might be more gil overall, what happens if I make more gil and then we run out of HMP at the end of the month and I don't get the HMP I need? HMP's were selling for as much as 170k/each in March and barely existed to purchase as well.

But Asura needs to get to more of that farming. I'd like to buy the remaining 52 Riftdross I need at 200k/each. Chop chop Asura!
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-18 07:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That's some good mathematics. Reason why I do aello is people always there versus a short playing time.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-18 08:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently Akvan/Pil/Kaggen's items are below 4x HMP price on my server, so they're less valuable to farm than Zilart T3s.

Riftcinder/Riftdross are 1mil each on my server (~worth 10 HMP) and Belladonna/Sealord items are ~300k (~worth 3 HMP, but that price is going to tumble so lets call it 2 HMP). That means they're worth about 0.90 HMP/chest (90k/chest), which makes them the most valuable. on my server at the moment.

You guys can do comparable calculations for your own servers using XIDB and XIAH.

Anyone farmed Morta/Bismarck post-iLevel? Is it possible to kill them in 2 minutes despite adds? I know I've done Bismarck on BLM, but that was without skillchains and with procs and it took me a little longer, I think.
By Arcto 2016-04-18 08:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I just thought with max lights that bum rushing was sufficient. GG me :(
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-18 08:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently Akvan/Pil/Kaggen's items are below 4x HMP price on my server, so they're less valuable to farm than Zilart T3s.

Riftcinder/Riftdross are 1mil each on my server (~worth 10 HMP) and Belladonna/Sealord items are ~300k (~worth 3 HMP, but that price is going to tumble so lets call it 2 HMP). That means they're worth about 0.90 HMP/chest (90k/chest), which makes them the most valuable. on my server at the moment.

You guys can do comparable calculations for your own servers using XIDB and XIAH.

Anyone farmed Morta/Bismarck post-iLevel? Is it possible to kill them in 2 minutes despite adds? I know I've done Bismarck on BLM, but that was without skillchains and with procs and it took me a little longer, I think.

"With all due respect" I don't understand why u don't like to do things with people outside ur shell. Just get some people.

If not use weakeners, the amount of time saved is worth the 3-5k spend on weakeners. Unless u intend to kill it at full strength.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-18 08:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also calculate from XIDB's data that it takes ~3500 Voidstones to farm a 99 Empyrean. At 2 voidstone recharges/day, that's 4.8 years worth of voidstones on one character. Clears (before the voidwatch time reducing KIs), a little squandering here and there, and you're up near 5 years worth of voidwatch recharges.

Voidwatch has been out since May of 2011. Congrats to anyone who has been saving up stones since then, because you can finally solo a level 99 Empyrean without buying anything or making a second account.

As far as partying up, if I make a party and recruit people I feel obligated to keep playing because I'm typically playing jobs essential to party success. If I solo, I can go afk and write whenever the mood strikes me. So I only like to party up when I know I'm going to be playing for a few hours. Now, if someone shows up spontaneously at my pop spot and asks me {Team up?} of course I invite them, because they were probably coming out under the assumption they'd be soloing so I have no obligation to keep the kills flowing for them. When I want to afk, I'll just disband and do so.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-04-18 08:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Byrth that's good math right there. I always knew it was pretty much a nightmare to solo HMPs for your weapon, as the drop rate in the long run is absolutely abysmal.

However, I would like to note that with your calculations and averages, they are just that. If you're a Galka or extremely unlucky, you wil end up getting 1 pouch for 15, and the rest will be 3-7 (happened to me several times).

I really feel like its most profitable to do 30 of every vwnm and then repeat for more consistent drops. So 30 Kaggen/Qilin/Uptala/Morta/Aello and repeat. Whenever I stay at a rift for long periods of time, I burn out stones and tend to get crap. When I swap, normally to kaggen, I get a nice amount. Of course, you'd be factoring in travel time, but it's a thought.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-18 09:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You're such a galka >:/

Someone prz explain the law of large numbers to this Galka.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-18 09:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

@ byrth

Yea I know what u mean. Last night I felt obligated to stay an extra 20 mins cause lotta people left and I was only one with weakeners.

@ buukki

1/15 is not bad.
Getting crap is luck based. One guy last night walked out with 9 pouches. Best thing to do is go join a aello party, watch a movie and try to see what u get per hour. Should do 50 fights or more in a quick party. And people always there. Bring weakeners in case party runs out. of coz go to morta if people is there. There no reason to solo in asura. If need to afk just disband and ask for a re invite.

The best thing about this campaign in asura is u get go meet lots of people. Go to sky join a party. Later more people comes ask for invite. People leave more people comes. It feels like An mmo .
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-04-18 10:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I didn't clarify what this statement here meant:

Quote:
However, I would like to note that with your calculations and averages, they are just that. If you're a Galka or extremely unlucky, you wil end up getting 1 pouch for 15, and the rest will be 3-7 (happened to me several times).

I wasn't saying you'd get 1 drop every 15 kills, but rather you'd get 15 HMPs luckily on one pouch, unluckily the others will net 3-7 HMPs.

Byrth, I get what you're saying. I'm providing anecdotal references for just casually doing VW. I don't have the luxury of using multiple characters for 12 hours a day like Konvict. Obviously if you spam VW night and day across several toons you can net some loot effectively.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-19 01:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Two solid skillchains is potentially enough to kill Morta with five displacers. Adds are only notable because they sometimes cause her to move around, you have plenty of time to engage before she pops them. I averaged just over a minute between pops with BLU and a lazily 2boxed GEO (bubbles only), bit less with a second DD for faster light spam.
By Bahadir 2016-04-19 03:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Two solid skillchains is potentially enough to kill Morta with five displacers.
Killed Morta many times now with varying number of ppl. Mostly used 3 displacers. A 3 Step L3 SC closing with something powerful like Flaming Crush (for light in this case) was usually enough to completely or at least almost kill it. So 3 (maybe 4) clusters should be enough if you go for SCs. 5 feels like overkill.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-19 03:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

5 displacers, dead morta under a minute with cdc spam, ignore adds.

edit: nvm, doing with 3 displacers now just under a minute. she is too squishy compared to bismarck.
First Page 2 3