Random Politics & Religion #02

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #02
Random Politics & Religion #02
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 38 39 40
By Ramyrez 2016-04-18 12:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Here's the funny thing; at the time this was going on, the daughter was 28 and was said to be living there with her husband and one of her husband's adult sons. So, that means the son is either over 18 or over 21...and his stepmother is 28. #OklahomaIsOK!

Uh.

I mean, AM...

...didn't you describe this exact same scenario in your family recently?

Are these items related?

That is to say...are you related? <_<;
Not my family, niece's BF's family.

Still dodges the question of "are these the people of whom you were speaking" ...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-18 12:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Woöoooooooooooosh

Classic. When you actually have something to say let me know.

It was classic, just trying to help you out since your sarcasm detector is obviously broken. No need to act like Coleman Young.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-18 12:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Do you realize how crazy that sounds? I'm guessing not.. smh

As crazy as having a problem with poor people not paying income tax while people avoid tax everyday online and with cash? Nope

Oh, lol.. You think I have a problem with that..

I have a problem with all these people that don't pay taxes wanting me to pay more taxes so they can have more ***like the ACA, yadda,yadda,yadda...

I guess..
Woöoooooooooooosh
By Altimaomega 2016-04-18 12:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Woöoooooooooooosh

Classic. When you actually have something to say let me know.

It was classic, just trying to help you out since your sarcasm detector is obviously broken. No need to act like Coleman Young.

Really? When I use sarcasm without tags everyone loses their minds. I'm quite aware he was being sarcastic.. At least I would hope so...........
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-18 12:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wanted to post that I am SUPER excited to vote for the first time ever tomorrow!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-18 12:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The ACA is not a program like Medicare or Medicaid. Its a *** a market exchange not a subsidized health care program.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-18 12:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
I just wanted to post that I am SUPER excited to vote for the first time ever tomorrow!
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-18 12:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The ACA is not a program like Medicare or Medicaid. Its a *** a market exchange not a subsidized health care program.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH... Breath... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....
By Altimaomega 2016-04-18 12:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh.. Wait! Are you using Sarcasm without tags?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-18 12:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Isn't paying less/no taxes what you want?

Isn't it always?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-04-18 12:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

As crazy as having a problem with poor people not paying income tax while people avoid tax everyday online and with cash? Nope

I have a problem with all these people that don't pay taxes wanting me to pay more taxes so they can have more ***like the ACA, yadda,yadda,yadda...

I guess..
Woöoooooooooooosh

That's okay because when business use every loophole the average person doesn't or can't. Keep money in offshore accounts, tax havens, etc. That is good business, but making sure people have some healthcare? That is the problem with the country. These mooches feeling they should be able to see a doctor.

No, the problem is the middle class being screwed over by the ACA because it was badly designed and implemented. Giving everyone access to health insurance is a no brainer, but the law was designed by people with no brains.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-04-18 12:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

What I want is value for my tax dollar. If I thought I was getting actual value for them, I'd actually pay more taxes, cheerfully. Case in point: just moved to a new city, and the suburb I'm in actually has an income tax. This incensed me off the bat, until I saw what all I got for that (seriously, the schools and services here are amazing). So, fine, I won't complain about the local tax anymore; they're proving to actually use it responsibly.

The federal government is too large and too bureaucratic to do anything efficiently, so no, I don't trust them to be the same stewards of my money. Go close some loopholes and soak the rich for a while, jagoffs.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-04-18 12:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
No, the problem is the middle class being screwed over by the ACA because it was badly designed and implemented. Giving everyone access to health insurance is a no brainer, but the law was designed by people with no brains.

Yeah, it's "health care by committee". Any time you add "by committee" as a qualifier to something, you know it's going to suck out loud.

It's worse than single-payer because you get all the regulations while still causing a hassle/cost for regular citizens.

It's worse than the old straight-up capitalist model because now businesses have even more incentive to screw around with people's benefits, as they can always point to the exchange.

Let's not ignore that it's done some good; there are people with healthcare now that didn't have it before, and that's a good thing, but it's lowered quality/value of care for a lot of people.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-18 12:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want no services and a broke government.

Yes please! Oh wait.. The government is already broke and I get no services from them since I make too much money.. Well ***!

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-18 12:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's called loopholes.. Not cheating.. Keep up..
By Altimaomega 2016-04-18 12:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That's okay because when business use every loophole the average person doesn't or can't.

Look loopholes poor people use.
poor people not paying income tax while people avoid tax everyday online and with cash?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-04-18 12:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
What I want is value for my tax dollar. If I thought I was getting actual value for them, I'd actually pay more taxes, cheerfully. Case in point: just moved to a new city, and the suburb I'm in actually has an income tax. This incensed me off the bat, until I saw what all I got for that (seriously, the schools and services here are amazing). So, fine, I won't complain about the local tax anymore; they're proving to actually use it responsibly.

Nailed it. Even though taxes are basically taken by force, I don't view them as theft, I view them as an investment. If you give me a good return on my investment, then not only will I shut up and let you carry on, I might actually be convinced to let you take more. If you prove time and time again that you can't handle it, then I'm going to object no matter how many pity lines you feed me about some great cause that only a small fraction of my money will actually end up helping.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-18 12:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess..
Woöoooooooooooosh

That's okay because when business use every loophole the average person doesn't or can't. Keep money in offshore accounts, tax havens, etc. That is good business, but making sure people have some healthcare? That is the problem with the country. These mooches feeling they should be able to see a doctor.

Middle Class doesn't get it as bad as small business owners who have to deal with over-priced under valued *** insurance companies came up with and blamed on the exchange.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-04-18 12:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

while people avoid tax everyday online and with cash?

I pay tax for that. Places that associate with Pennsylvania charge me taxes whereas I pay a use tax every year for the transactions I make that do not...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-18 12:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I pay tax for that. Places that associate with Pennsylvania charge me taxes whereas I pay a use tax every year for the transactions I make that do not...

Most vendor sites that are on point use your local taxes based on the zip used for the billing address.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-18 12:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Most vendor sites that are on point use your local taxes based on the zip used for the billing address.

Yeah. Some Amazon and similar transactions still don't but most have got on board over the past few years.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-18 12:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Addition: Most Amazon does now too even b/c they have major warehouses in Pennsylvania so most of my stuff I order from them falls under the in-state rules anyhow.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-18 13:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think some vendors its a feature, like Steam for instance doesn't charge taxes.

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-04-18 13:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, no.

The problem is that the ACA was written so that insurance companies can still make massive profits from their health "care" policies.

Drama Torama said: »
Yeah, it's "health care by committee" lobbyists. Any time you add "by committee" lobbying as a qualifier to something, you know it's going to suck out loud.

It's worse than single-payer because you get all the regulations while still causing a hassle/cost for regular citizens. And profits for the health insurance companies.

It's worse than the old straight-up capitalist model because now businesses have even more incentive to screw around with people's benefits, as they can always point to the exchange....
We never had a straight up capitalist system.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 38 39 40