Random Politics & Religion #02

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #02
Random Politics & Religion #02
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 38 39 40
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-04-16 23:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
This is the exact reason I mention how many generations I have overseen. It's not about how many vaccinations and antibiotics you can pump into your herd to keep it healthy. It how Healthy you can keep your herd without using as many vaccines and antibiotics that you can.

The Healthiest animals have the least amount of vaccines and antibiotics! Now, am I gonna tell you vaccines and antibiotics are bad, don't use them! No! I'm going to tell you to
No one cares about your eyeballed experiences and recollection bias. Vaccines are incredibly effective at preventing disease. Motherfucking period. End of story.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-16 23:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
A greater proportion of a population being vaccinated reduces the ability of a disease to travel through that population.

Wonder how many of the 20+million illegal aliens and refugees we let in our country are vaccinated..
By Altimaomega 2016-04-16 23:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the exact reason I mention how many generations I have overseen. It's not about how many vaccinations and antibiotics you can pump into your herd to keep it healthy. It how Healthy you can keep your herd without using as many vaccines and antibiotics that you can.

The Healthiest animals have the least amount of vaccines and antibiotics! Now, am I gonna tell you vaccines and antibiotics are bad, don't use them! No! I'm going to tell you to
No one cares about your eyeballed experiences and recollection bias. Vaccines are incredibly effective at preventing disease. Motherfucking period. End of story.

You are not listening to what is being said.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-04-16 23:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

A greater proportion of a population being vaccinated reduces the ability of a disease to travel through that population.

Wonder how many of the 20+million illegal aliens and refugees we let in our country are vaccinated..
This is actually an argument FOR vaccination, lol.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-16 23:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
I've held off on my usual "shoot first, ask questions never" on this topic. That was obviously a mistake, and that particular bit of leniency is over.
I could have told you that. xD

Both of you need to spend some time in the public health journals.
Who says I/we don't?
By Altimaomega 2016-04-16 23:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it is an argument about Herd Immunity and how to keep it viable. Try and keep up.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-04-16 23:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going to do the smug Pete Carroll, you really have to use this one:

Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-04-16 23:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it is an argument about Herd Immunity and how to keep it viable. Try and keep up.
I can't even with this.

So I won't.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-04-16 23:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I cannot believe that Pleebo and I are agreeing on something. Buy a lotto ticket.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2016-04-16 23:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one who doesn't know who that Pete guy is?
By Altimaomega 2016-04-16 23:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

You'd have to care. I don't either.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-04-16 23:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

cows!
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-16 23:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »

What do you care about that makes sense?

Perhaps you should be asking yourself that question.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-16 23:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you care about that makes sense?

Perhaps you should be asking yourself that question.

Well, I know that only irresponsible parents don't vaccinate their kids. I care about the dumb people spreading disease needlessly.

Yeah, I care about that. I think most sane people do.

Good thing mine are vaccinated then huh.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-17 00:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairly certain that is uncalled for.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-17 00:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

HA! GL with that.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-17 00:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Its like you post just so you can be "herd"
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-17 00:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-17 00:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

By Altimaomega 2016-04-17 00:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-17 00:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, so, you do understand how herd immunity works, and just reject your personal role in it? Holy ***. That's so much worse.

It's not immunity, it does jack ***for others.

Asura.Saevel said: »
Because your only infected for two to forty eight hours, there is less time for you to spread the infection which lowers the total number of infected. You don't need the entire population vaccinated for this, not even half, and proper prevention and care achieves the same result without requiring forced vaccination.

Again highly misunderstood concept. Vaccinating people doesn't protect non-vaccinated from the virus. If you are vaccinated and come into contact with that virus, you will still contract it and if afterward you come into contact with another person, they will still contract it from you. If that other person is unvaccinated they will get sick, regardless of you being vaccinated. Your antibodies do nothing for them.

The only difference is that you will be contagious for a day or less instead of a week. That will alter how many total infections, but it doesn't "protect the old / young / weak". If one of them comes into contact with a vaccinated yet infected person it's no different then if they come into contact with a unvaccinated person.

Mass vaccinations are only really important in third world countries where living conditions are so unsanitary that epidemics decimate the population. Basic sanitation and clean living conditions make "herd immunity" a complete *** excuse used to drum of fear. "If Mr Burns doesn't get little Johny vaccinated then it will hurt my son Benjamin". Which is the line that has been pushed so far.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-17 00:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Again don't straw-man. This isn't about whether vaccines are good or not, anyone who thinks they are bad is an idiot. It's about whether it's appropriate to spread fear and *** to scare people into vaccinating their kids. Or worse, whether it's "ok" to force someone to be vaccinated, against their will / without their consent.

See people keep dancing around that part, the suggestion that there should be no choice in the matter. Some pretty immoral and horrific ***right there.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 38 39 40