Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Looking for a merc group for pakecet
Looking for a merc group for pakecet
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2016-04-07 20:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Will Spectral Floe (or other spell?) reliably one-shot the Pugils with a decent MAB build? Been a while since I did anything meaningful in this game.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-07 20:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
Will Spectral Floe (or other spell?) reliably one-shot the Pugils with a decent MAB build? Been a while since I did anything meaningful in this game.

You don't really need to worry about 1 shottinf them tbh. It's not all that necessary to kill the adds, just sleep them. In fact a good tank can probably hold all of them at once. If you can kill it in 1 to 2 min adds won't even pop most of the time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-07 20:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just want to say floppy is a good guy. He updates bg wiki for us and has and will help people with what they need. His message came as rude but his point is clear. I understand the OP that u only play with your husband who has limited time. However, if u wish to go to asura, life is better besides the congestions on current contents as there are numerous pakacet shouts and possibly mercenaries.

Good luck on your quest of obtaining those items!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2016-04-07 20:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM SCH GEO + trusts can do this fine, I've had August tank it np even outside of trust campaigns (make sure to reposition him to the side if the mob turns.) Keep the mobs slept and you're good to go.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-07 21:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »

Yes, it will. Fish are weak.

Mute your volume:

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

You don't really need to worry about 1 shottinf them tbh. It's not all that necessary to kill the adds, just sleep them. In fact a good tank can probably hold all of them at once. If you can kill it in 1 to 2 min adds won't even pop most of the time.

Well, if a BLU is present they will wake them. So..

Also don't want them waking up and recoil diving. If it is all BLMs, RDMs, GEOs, SCHs then you can sleepga→wait→breakga→*wakes*→sleepga→repeat though.

Can just do COR wing rotation zerg so you don't have to sleepga/breakga rotation though. NM dies before adds pop, even if they do pop NM would die before 1st sleepga wears.

So the setup would look like this: COR/BLU(popper), COR/SCH or /RDM, GEO/BLM, august, whm trust, rdm trust.

Use malaise/mab bubbles, mab rolls, tp rolls or defense rolls. Let august tank the NM, CORs spam wf, then everyone take turn popping lucid wing to get 1000 tp for more wf. If adds pop COR/BLU swap to pdt- set with cocoon to buy time for geo to sleepga them.

The advantage of wing rotation zerg setup is that you don't have to worry about august interrupting SCH SC, which could slow down the kill speed......a lot.