Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2016-02-21 04:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Empathy of Bismarck, unsung hero =x
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-02-21 07:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
You silly kids and your popularity contests. This is a video game, go be influential in your real-life so people remember you for you and not some video game character that no one will even remember in 5 years.

I know this is some heresy, but it's actually possible to do both.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-02-21 07:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
You silly kids and your popularity contests. This is a video game, go be influential in your real-life so people remember you for you and not some video game character that no one will even remember in 5 years.

I know this is some heresy, but it's actually possible to do both.
Well, obvious troll is obvious.
 Asura.Vaynn
Server: Asura
user: VleraPR
By Asura.Vaynn 2016-02-21 08:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

@Afania

Please don't take anything im about to say the wrong way im not trying to be a ***.

What i will say though is that the list is compiling players that stood out from multiple different servers each coming from a different backround in the game. Their personal achievements range from big to small but for that server in specific made an impact on the community of that specific server or better yet, changed the game across all servers.

Yes, soloer's and bloggers and any content creators in general do come in with a slight advantage because they can showcase talent and skill or showcase their story. However out of 10 people who have already been solidified in the list they are all coming from different backgrounds, it's not all JUST Solo experts, its a big compendium of players that helped develop their servers and were known for different reasons.

And yes i will say this now. Even the most notorious players from HNM drama aka [Botters/MPKers/Elitist's] ETC do infact make the list aswell why you may ask? This list is also compiling the history of FFXI's playerbase and how they impacted the game forever.

No one has ever done a big project like this before and if they have ive yet to see it, so im jumping into the crates and with specefic players also telling the backstory of the game I.E. Dragon's Airy Backdoor Hopping/Salvage Bans/NA Community Vs JP Community old school stuff nowadays players might have never known existed.

And Besides. Your hero's are only as good as your villains and FFXI has a good portion of players on both sides of the fence so to credit one only without the other wouldn't do the list justice at all.

Thus far from the pages in this thread ide say everyone is having fun throwing in suggestions and reliving moment's, YES not everyone mentioned will be liked but this is in no way going to "Break the community" if we want to truly get technical on that FFXI's community is hella divided and that tracks all the way back to the previously mentioned NA Vs JP HNM's when our playerbase started realizing some key aspects of the game.

It's all about the history and every player on this list is going to tell a portion of that history!

Sorry for the long reply/post but thanks for reading ^^.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-21 10:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaynn if you want more FFXI stories, check out this thread I started a few years ago. http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/37685/your-ffxi-stories

In there is the full detailed story of Seiya (it's long but his legend deserves it). My profile has screenshots of the leaving party we gave him, and screens of when he returned. My father Quilly would back me up on this and say the leaving party was easily the most emotional event we ever put together. Please don't only include the super-solo artists, HNM leaders and wiki contributors (props to them, but they're obvious choices), some of the best players ever were those who spent countless hours helping strangers in the early days of FFXI, and without their influence, many players would not have been emotionally invested to the point they still play (or played as long as they did).

Seiya always wore this set of gear. Green Beret +1, Scorpion Harness +1 (which he said cost him 20M when it was worth that much), and Merman's hands legs and feet. He was never seen wearing anything else. During his leaving party he gave it to me, and while I couldn't wear it at first, I promised I would level THF and wear it in his honour. I still have the set and would never sell/drop it.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vaynn
By Asura.Vaynn 2016-02-21 14:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok Everyone reading!

After throwing my head to the drawing board again and again, ive come up with a solution to or a "One up" from my original concept. Originally it was only going to speak on the top 40 players of FFXI's while delving into the game's history. This new core project entitled "The Vana'Delium Chronicles" is going to be retelling everything major event wise that helped evolve the game to where it is today.

Any extreme moments are being retold. Hero's and Villians alike that made a huge impact on the game will have their stories retold aswell as important events such as The Salvage Bans etc etc and the good old "NA VS JP Era"

Tale's from home chapter will cover EVERY SERVER POSSIBLE! meaning that i'll be able to speak on the servers best players/Linkshells and their achievements while discussing and history the server had I.E. Endgame drama etc etc.

You all have thrown in various names from the communities years and i highly appreciate every single recommendation ive been given. Ive gotten the chance to speak with multiple LS's on history and such and it's been awesome to hear others stories. I think this way i'll be able to cover all grounds possible while still being able to name every hometown hero possible, so the original 40 will still be the same.

I think this project in turn will require a hella lot more info then my previous objective but i think this may be the best direction to go where i think Everyone will be happy [For the most part]. Again no one has ever attempted to speak on FFXI's times through the years and like most of you out there i love the game and it's history even more, The community has had a huge up's and downs but ultimately i think this project can honor the past and keep up with the present.

Let me know what you guys think! please keep throwing suggestions at me for your server's best players! im still taking any and all suggestions.

Thanks Again!
 Asura.Blittzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blittzjr 2016-02-21 14:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2016-02-21 14:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaeko
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2016-02-21 15:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you aware that you have a really bad habit of using apostrophe + S to form plurals? I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi here, it just seems like you're aspiring to write something that I might actually want to read someday. Good luck, at any rate
 Leviathan.Redherring
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Redherring 2016-02-21 15:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Starcade
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-02-21 17:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Danield
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-02-21 17:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Stanflame lol
 Bahamut.Ararita
Server: Bahamut
user: ararita
By Bahamut.Ararita 2016-02-21 18:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought of Birdhair too....took him like 50 or so tries to beat Maat? Left the server then returned and presto changeo he was finally level 75 and beat Maat....but there is also Kornrod.....PUP-master
 Bahamut.Ararita
user: ararita
By Bahamut.Ararita 2016-02-21 19:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I am thinking of both current players that have never been slack but excellent at their jobs though their are many that are legends that no longer play.......also n the current player list is lexouritis
[+]
 Bahamut.Halticus
user: Halticus
By Bahamut.Halticus 2016-02-21 19:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint - Cerberus server in that top 40
[+]
 Bahamut.Halticus
user: Halticus
By Bahamut.Halticus 2016-02-21 19:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, who can forget Spacedragon - Cerberus server? Top 40 greatest Lower Jeuno shouters of all time!!!!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2016-02-21 22:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i like kaoz. loved watching his solo videos way back when
[+]
 Asura.Regicide
user: voiceless
By Asura.Regicide 2016-02-21 22:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

me !
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-02-21 22:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I would nominate Mrrill and Urteil from Phoenix

Mrrill is one of the most accomplished players I know, and it's hard to explain it nowadays because everybody has every item/job leveled... and I don't have a tangible measure of this, but he's had a Maat's Cap since I joined in 2007ish?

and you know Urteil already, he's injected a lot of energy into the Phoenix server at least, and he renewed interest in PvP

Oh, and why don't we add Korpg just because lol, legend

EDIT: And Gorp from Phoenix was one of the premier Dragoons in mid-75 era, and somebody I immensely respected.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Ashiya
Server: Sylph
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2016-02-21 23:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said: »
Sylph - Gotenzu.

I lol'd so hard at this!

On a serious note, I am forever thankful to all the skilled, informative, popular, and unknown players of this game, you have all contributed so much!
[+]
By Nightbear 2016-02-22 02:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura : Ctownwoody , without this guy I would never crafted anything.
all my gil income on early days come from following this guy craft guidelines.

And his guides where used across all servers.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2016-02-22 04:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been playing this game since 2004 (and I still do daily), yet somehow I was never really aware of people like Avesta until much, much later.
For me, the best FF11 player in the game was that one person who decided to show me the ropes as a hopelessly lost level 1 Galka in Konschtat Highlands (I still don't know how I managed to reach that zone on my first day without dying).
People nowadays usually don't take the effort to even say hi or /cheer a new player on when they spot one in the wild. So for me, it was a very significant day.
We still chat and play together. Thank you Dragonkiller from Titan (and now Phoenix) =)
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-02-22 05:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Halticus said: »
Also, who can forget Spacedragon - Cerberus server? Top 40 greatest Lower Jeuno shouters of all time!!!!
i had forgotten him... *** you good sir!
[+]
 Phoenix.Leaden
user: Leaden
By Phoenix.Leaden 2016-02-22 07:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

How come nobody hasn't nominated GM's that answer calls every second!?
 Asura.Vaynn
By Asura.Vaynn 2016-02-22 13:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Slight update ladies and mantra's

Began creating a trailer for this video series it should be complete within these next couple of weeks so stay tuned!

On a side note!

Nearing the end of the "Documentary" i guess you can call it that, I thought of this special section that anyone from any server can send me message they would like me to say. It can be directed to anyone who still plays or no longer plays such as friends or loved one's.

The idea behind this was inspired by Kylos of Cerberus and his father figure and first major inspiration when starting his journey in FFXI. The message itself must be serious though nothing trolling or absurd. You never know who will be watching so maybe you played with some people that you haven't spoken to in years nor have seen, or a linkshell you want to dedicate a message to, I'll be more then happy to speak your message.

Also this will help bring this project to be more Community Driven.

Send me any message with what you'de like me to repeat word for word! to the people or person, again no trolling people Example [*** Galkas Get Back To The Mines] type deal.

Thanks Again everyone! this project is turning out more awesome then i thought it would! ^^
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 17 18 19