Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » RNG and /RNG
RNG and /RNG
 Lakshmi.Kurpse
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Kurpse
By Lakshmi.Kurpse 2009-09-04 12:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently i have been thinking about leveling RNG maybe to 75, maybe only for SAM/RNG. but I've been wondering, how effective is Wide scan in Nyzul Isle? I mean, it looks like it would help a lot and it would give me a damn good reason to drop /NIN from SAM :D
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-04 12:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't use it due to no map.
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-09-04 12:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

No can do. Can't WS Nyzul to the best of my knowledge since you can not bring up the "Map"

BTW...if you have SAM already, Just SAM/NIN for Nyzul.
I do it ALL the time and it owns.
RNG is GOOD for Nyzul... but if you have SAM...it trumps it.

This is coming from experience as I have both RNG (my first love) and SAM at 75, and Nyzul cleared to 100
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-04 12:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Kuz said:
No can do. Can't WS Nyzul to the best of my knowledge since you can not bring up the "Map"

This is coming from experience as I have both RNG (my first love) and SAM at 75, and Nyzul cleared to 100

Most RNG are too proud to admit that, then again most SAM are too stupid to out DD said RNG(the lack of ability to back up sometimes hurts RNG imo), but you don't HAVE to /nin, u can /war and 100% Seigan, depends on the group of people.
 Lakshmi.Kurpse
By Lakshmi.Kurpse 2009-09-04 12:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah that sucks :( i usually do /NIN for Nyzul Isle but tbh, im kinda liking the idea of Cerb being /welcomed with a Sidewinder :D haha.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-04 12:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything weak to piercing Penta Tops it, as well as getting TP faster and having more skill.
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-09-04 12:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Kuz said:

Most RNG are too proud to admit that, then again most SAM are too stupid to out DD said RNG(the lack of ability to back up sometimes hurts RNG imo), but you don't HAVE to /nin, u can /war and 100% Seigan, depends on the group of people.

:) trust me, I understand the Strengths and Limitations of both Jobs :) Never to proud too admit that my RNG, as pimpish as it may be, can still be owned in certain situations by my SAM.

As for Nyzul, Our set-up is usually RDM, SCH or WHM, SAMx3 and a RNG.
I prefer SAM/NIN just due to the survivability with both Seigan/3rd eye AND shadows... helps with making the climb go faster by saving on MP.

Our best time was, we got to the Floor 80 Boss with nearly 20 mins left on the clock... no free floor.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-04 12:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

sam/dnc with soboro owns in nyzul. Allows them to wake people up and cure occasionally like when the heal isnt near or asleep parad etc.
 Lakshmi.Kurpse
By Lakshmi.Kurpse 2009-09-04 12:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've actually tried SAM/DNC in DNC it is great fun :D but i agree with Kuz, SAM/NIN has been the best combo in Nyzul Isle, for me anyway. I'll prob still level RNG cause it does own :D
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-09-04 13:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I was SAM/DNC for Nyzul almost all of the time, although rarely I'd /NIN or /WAR. /DNC is nice and with my gear, I can actually face-tank with Hasso + Soboro on pretty much any of the normal mobs and drain HP as fast as they can take it. Not to mention that I make full use of skillchains in setting up the other DDs (low dmg from soboro, but I open and they get the big damage closing), and almost exclusively drop status cures on the tank of the group (sometimes a war/nin, sometimes a pld/nin with my regular static back in the day).

We rocked PLD/NIN, THF/NIN, SAM/DNC, BLU/NIN, RDM/WHM, WHM/SCH and we used to own Nyzul. Usually for bosses and floor leaders, I'd open a darkness or light SC with SAM/DNC and the THF would close TA+WS on the PLD, who then would have automatic capped hate for Atonement. It was a very effective setup, and my mages used to love to merit with me on SAM/DNC as well because they'd seen how I play the job. Sure, it's not the best pure DMG subjob for SAM, but it can be amazing in Nyzul.