Starting new LS
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-10-01 04:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm starting a new event LS. I am currently recruiting people. I plan on doing Escha - Ru'Aun / Escha - Zi'Tah / Unity Concord / Vagary. People from LunariansLS/ArchDominus/BeyondTheLimitation are preferred. I am pretty selective as well and I must check our your gear on your main jobs in-game before I give you pearl. Event times TBA.
By swordwiz 2015-10-03 01:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

All you can look at is my naked body
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [72 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-12-13 14:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump. Still looking for people.
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2016-01-11 12:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump again.

Event times are 7PM CST every other weekday usually and you must come if you are online. No doing CP parties or other linkshell events during LS event time or you will be kicked.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-01-11 13:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Johnb said: »
Bump again.

Event times are 7PM CST every other weekday usually and you must come if you are online. No doing CP parties or other linkshell events during LS event time or you will be kicked.
This made me laugh when I read it.
[+]
 Asura.Tonn
Server: Asura
user: Tonn
By Asura.Tonn 2016-01-11 14:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm im thinking about server transfering
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-01-11 15:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Any luck? Requirements are pretty strict and to top it off events are mandatory. The good players are prob done with the areas you looking to do and moved on to reisenjima.

For me i just do things when people are on and I usually can carry the offense and if not I work with people to get them gears.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-01-11 16:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump again.

....seems tyrannical, that.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-01-11 16:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Bump again.

This made me laugh when I read it.

They do this on my server
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-11 16:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know John. With your time and preferred LS members demand, none of us will ever be able to make it as it conflicts with our own LS.

You may want to revisit, and loosen up, your requirements.
[+]
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-11 16:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I must check our your gear on your main jobs in-game before I give you pearl.
Isn't this the point of joining an event LS? To better gear yourself?
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-01-11 17:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So... you not only kick people for doing other things, you want to check gear before you even let people into this?

Man, I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather have a Coca-Cola enema than set myself up for that.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-11 17:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it 2006 cause this sounds like a 2006 LS.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-11 17:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you guys never seen an endgame ls? It's not the first time an elitarian group doesn't want to invite scrubs.

I just strongly disagree with the forceful 100% attendance though cause that's excessive, but their policy and if you don't like it can just not join.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-11 17:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Judging by the 72 day necro bump I'm guessing he is already number one LS on server.
By fonewear 2016-01-11 17:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

In other news I'm staring at new thread if you don't like it by 7pm CST I'm kicking all of you!
[+]
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-11 17:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
In other news I'm staring at new thread if you don't like it by 7pm CST I'm kicking all of you!
By fonewear 2016-01-11 17:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm starting a LS that requires every mythic weapon 119. We plan on doing only maze monger content.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-01-11 18:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

People from LunariansLS/ArchDominus/BeyondTheLimitation are preferred
No doing other linkshell events
Seems you'd be better off just trying to join one of these linkshells you look up to.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-01-11 18:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I can understand the policy even though its dated a bit. I can see none of you have ever lead linkshells successfully. People off doing whatever the *** = nothing gets done. If people constantly skip events except the ones they benefit from then it really isn't a good LS is it? Thankfully most things can be done lowman or solo these days so it isn't even necessary to have a LS at all outside of things like the highest tier of Escha NMs.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-11 19:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That is why you recruit extra people so you can do events when people don't show up.To kick people for not attending an event is silly.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-01-11 19:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Have you guys never seen an endgame ls? It's not the first time an elitarian group doesn't want to invite scrubs.

I just strongly disagree with the forceful 100% attendance though cause that's excessive, but their policy and if you don't like it can just not join.

If people only come to the events they want to come to, then all sorts of drama starts and the LS falls apart really fast. Back in the merc thread I mentioned social contracts and how unspoken social contracts could lead to some very bad situations. All it takes is one or two people showing up to some high demand event, lotting and getting a nice drop but then never being available for other events to cause mass drama. This game is full of loot *** who go around acting like vacuum cleaners and without clear defined rules, that they must agree to prior to being allowed to lot, they would just collect everything from your people and then jump ship the moment they thought another group would help them get stuff faster.

Quote:
That is why you recruit extra people so you can do events when people don't show up.To kick people for not attending an event is silly.

Doesn't work that way. It just takes one person who just collected a really nice drop to tell everyone else "*** off I'm doing this other thing instead of helping you" for things to start breaking apart. That one person does it, then others say "WTF I could be doing something else cause I don't need anything from this NM / event" and the only people left are those all lotting the exact same item, and leaving after getting it.

Removal for actively non-attending is pretty standard for end game guilds in all MMO's. Hell it's standard for sports too, if you don't go to that Saturday game cause you wanna go on a date, coach gonna bench you or may even just kick you from the team. Can't be a team player unless you actively attend the stuff you don't want to attend.
[+]
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-11 19:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I can understand the policy even though its dated a bit. I can see none of you have ever lead linkshells successfully. People off doing whatever the *** = nothing gets done. If people constantly skip events except the ones they benefit from then it really isn't a good LS is it? Thankfully most things can be done lowman or solo these days so it isn't even necessary to have a LS at all outside of things like the highest tier of Escha NMs.
He's asking for people within those linkshells, then sets a start time of 8PM EST which is right around the same time as said linkshells. Kinda hard to show up to mandatory events when your LS has some that night too.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-01-11 21:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh I barely read it outside of the responses admittedly.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-11 21:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just like that merc service thread, if you don't like the rules of the ls don't join.

He would need to change the rules if nobody join.

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
I must check our your gear on your main jobs in-game before I give you pearl.
Isn't this the point of joining an event LS? To better gear yourself?

Most of the gears nowadays can be obtained without ls. I was back from a break a few months ago and was around 80% done with gears by casually solo and lowman everything. It's really woc kirin T4 that's more beneficial to have a group.
In fact I think those would be PUG able soon with more ppl gets clear and has experience with it. Back in 2013 ppl have been PUGing pre ilv delve and got clear 2 months after elite ls gets clear. It's about the time to see more ppl doing harder things in shout.

You can't join a ls and ask them to hand everything to you including T1∼3 drops during event. Most LS would focus on tougher content now, it's not beneficial to get that one person T1 drops on event time when they could just do things that needs more ppl.

Gear up yourself via T1∼3 gears, join ls for something harder. I don't see anything wrong with that.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-01-11 21:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

have you considered just joining one of those instead? even if people don't show up, who gives a ***, less people = things die faster unless you magically have 18 ultra gokus in your LS (you don't.)
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2016-01-11 22:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Was going to apply, but I'm not a preferred member. Guess I'm sticking to CR.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-12 06:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
If people only come to the events they want to come to, then all sorts of drama starts and the LS falls apart really fast. Back in the merc thread I mentioned social contracts and how unspoken social contracts could lead to some very bad situations. All it takes is one or two people showing up to some high demand event, lotting and getting a nice drop but then never being available for other events to cause mass drama. This game is full of loot *** who go around acting like vacuum cleaners and without clear defined rules, that they must agree to prior to being allowed to lot, they would just collect everything from your people and then jump ship the moment they thought another group would help them get stuff faster.
Maybe I expressed myself wrong. It's that he says events are mandatory everyday. That to me is excessive, people need a few days off.
In every ls I've been in there were 3-4 mandatory events and then the other days are optional or otherwise free.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-01-12 06:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Should I start stockpiling popcorn? The thread looks promising for an inter-linkshell drama. Saying that people from 3 other LSs are preferred and that the events are all mandatory and ran around the same time as them... Sounds fun!

Edit: Putting the controversy aside, gearcheck is acceptable unless he isn't demanding REMs or stuff from upper tiers of escha. If the LS wants to focus on T3-T4 right away, it isn't really unexpected for them to ask applicant if they are geared with at least T1 augments and abjurations. They are all easy done with several people (or even solo in some cases with trusts) and some alluvion stuff can fill in the blanks (possibly due to bad luck with escha drops) just fine.
[+]
 Bismarck.Arcos
user: afranko22
By Bismarck.Arcos 2016-01-12 06:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Was going to apply, but I'm not a preferred member. Guess I'm sticking to CR.
^This. And mandatory events.
[+]
First Page 2