Pokémon GO! - (Savage)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 61 62 63
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-17 12:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried this site?

http://pokecrew.com/?latitude=39.718250908995685&longitude=-75.68914014658426

Apparently, its supposed to be a user-based tracking map that gives a general location of last known sitings. Dragonite near my house, I'm tempted to go check.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-07-17 13:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-07-17 13:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to remember the last day there wasn't a major trainer club account lockout that lasted most of the day. I mean, we're going on like 5 days in a row lol .__.

I already had a trainer club username because of promotions in other games and thought maybe there'd be some advantage to using it for Go, but it turns out the advantage of actually being able to play this game during normal hours is reserved mostly for gmail users. I'd start over with a new account in a heartbeat if I hadn't already gone balls deep in this one. Little did I know I'd be locked out until 8pm every day!

Really hoping they give everyone some lucky eggs or something as recompense for all the server problems. And then extra eggs for trainer club people to make up for all the time that our login method has been closed while gmail users have been out catching em all. ^^y

tl;dr Everyone deserves someone who'll go down on them as much as trainer club accounts on pokemon go. If you haven't started playing this game yet and want to, do yourself a huge favor and use a gmail account. You'll no doubt still have login problems, but at least you won't be completely locked out. D:
[+]
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2016-07-17 14:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Carrelo said: »
if I hadn't already gone balls deep in this one.

HA HA HA HA HA "balls deep in this one"
 Shiva.Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-07-17 14:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Random tip: when catching pokemon, wait about a second after your target breaks free from the previous throw before you try to open your bag. If it's going to run away, it will do so almost instantly after breaking out--your game will freeze if you try to open your bag at this time.

Cerberus.Immortalmoon said: »
if I hadn't already gone balls deep in this one.

HA HA HA HA HA "balls deep in this one"
Dare I say... "pokéballs deep"
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2016-07-17 14:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Random tip: when catching pokemon, wait about a second after your target breaks free from the previous throw before you try to open your bag. If it's going to run away, it will do so almost instantly after breaking out--your game will freeze if you try to open your bag at this time.

Yup... Enjoyed that glitch several times. Cant do anything, cant close bag, gotta shut down game and reopen.

Was this even beta tested lol.
[+]
By schwarzi88 2016-07-17 16:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Apparently, its supposed to be a user-based tracking map that gives a general location of last known sitings. Dragonite near my house, I'm tempted to go check.
is there one of these for EU ?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-17 17:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Drac where do you live? Pokéstops everywhere

Not my picture
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-17 19:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's telling me the closest pidgey is 11 miles away. Seems legit.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-17 19:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I cant post FB videos:

Pokemon Go Pokerap

https://www.facebook.com/share.pokedex/videos/1736625196603526/
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-17 20:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jiko said: »

Yeah.....That's not what the sight says. Shows where the last reported sighting was. So if someone 11 miles away reports pidgey and only that person, that's what shows up. It only works if people actually report what they find. It's not saying it's the only location, just where it's been seen.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-17 21:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading this thread reminds me of an eternal question.

Why do they call them smartphones when people do such STUPID crap with them... ?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-17 21:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

cause the phone is usually smarter than the person holding it probs
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-17 21:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah.....That's not what the sight says. Shows where the last reported sighting was. So if someone 11 miles away reports pidgey and only that person, that's what shows up. It only works if people actually report what they find. It's not saying it's the only location, just where it's been seen.

I know what it says, I what its intended purpose is and how to use it. It was meant to be a joke since there're pidgeys around every corner. :p

Dry humour or whatever. heh.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-17 21:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway:

I'm looking for help with the whole renaming eevee to get certain pokemon. Im sure you all heard the rumour and the names to rename them.

SO! Instead of me doing 15 total eevee evolutions (I -do- need my candy after all), I'm looking for at least 2 volunteers to help me out. I would need you to evolve 5 of the same eevolution. According to the theory, you SHOULD end up with 5 of the same pokemon. I am going to personally attempt 5 jolteons. If I can have 2 volunteers help me out with 125 eevee candies to evolve 5 vaporeon and flareon, this would be a huge help in actually, once and for all, debunking this damn myth.

I unfortunately did not take screenshots of when I did 7 eevees (3 Jolteons, 2 vaporeons, 2 flareons), and only received 2 that matched the correct name to eevolution.

So, if you're interested, please send me a PM with which pokemon you'd be interested in attempting. If more people want to attempt this further with more of the same types of pokemon, it'll help the samplesize further.

Only things I would require is a screenshot before and after evolution.

Thank you in advance for the help. and hopefully we can once and for all debunk this stupid hoax.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-17 21:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The rumor can only be verified working on the first eevee, not successive ones. But sure if it is worth testing, unless of course you just use a lucky egg and do it during your exp farming session. If I get 3-5 more eevee tomorrow, I'll try it for you. Only have like 4
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-17 21:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll need to farm candies, so would require me catching like 25 or so. May take longer
 Shiva.Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-07-17 22:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I have nowhere near that many candies. x.x Also the game hasn't displayed the capture location for me for days now. :o I just assumed it was broken (like the distance tracker and all the other broken things) lol

My first Eevee evolved into a fairly decent Vaporeon, as did the second. Loved the first one, but the second was disappointing because I'm really hurting for electric types right now. XD
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-17 22:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

thats np, I need to farm candy myself, but I been hearing rumours it works every time. I'll still attempt it.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-07-17 22:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a site that has started to compile a list of pokemon according to geographical location? I heard growlithe is very common in Texas, and I'm assuming other southern areas of the U.S. as well. Would be nice to have a site to see which pokemon are extremely common based on region (besides the obvious ones like more water pokemon near a beach/lake).

Also, game froze as soon as I tried to catch a 560 eevee today. Damn you Pokemon Go Servers...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-17 23:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to remember the last day there wasn't a major trainer club account lockout that lasted most of the day. I mean, we're going on like 5 days in a row lol .__.

I already had a trainer club username because of promotions in other games and thought maybe there'd be some advantage to using it for Go, but it turns out the advantage of actually being able to play this game during normal hours is reserved mostly for gmail users. I'd start over with a new account in a heartbeat if I hadn't already gone balls deep in this one. Little did I know I'd be locked out until 8pm every day!

Really hoping they give everyone some lucky eggs or something as recompense for all the server problems. And then extra eggs for trainer club people to make up for all the time that our login method has been closed while gmail users have been out catching em all. ^^y

tl;dr Everyone deserves someone who'll go down on them as much as trainer club accounts on pokemon go. If you haven't started playing this game yet and want to, do yourself a huge favor and use a gmail account. You'll no doubt still have login problems, but at least you won't be completely locked out. D:

Went to the beach today with the wife. This game is so goddamn frustrating, I almost quit, twice. I was locked out for several hours, and I am a GMAIL user. I had to keep restarting and trying. Took about 20 tries and I got it. Funny, this ALWAYS HAPPENS when I pop an incense/lucky egg and go hunting. Conspiracy.

Anyways, today was a grand day for pokehunting. Got 51 logged pokemon in the dex, and got magnemite, abra, voltorb, ghastly, ponyta (huzzah), geodude, doduo, tentacool and sandshrew. Got a few duplicates as well. Missed Bulbasaur and Meowth, which means I'm probably calling in sick tomorrow and going back to the shore to find them... lol
 Shiva.Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-07-17 23:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, that is a successful day. I managed to play for about 20 minutes a few hours ago and froze after throwing a ball at a 350CP Bulbasaur. I don't have one yet, wonder if I caught it. :/

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
Is there a site that has started to compile a list of pokemon according to geographical location?
The link in the top post on this page looks like the beginnings of a list.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-17 23:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Clefairy too :D
 Siren.Zagato
Server: Siren
user: Zagato
By Siren.Zagato 2016-07-18 00:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Random Tip: Not sure if I'm too late to the party, I tried to read like 7-8 pages back and didn't see this but if you want to get your Flareon, Vaporeon and Jolteon 100% you have to name your Eevee:

- Pyro for Flareon
- Rainer for Vaporeon
- Spiky for Jolteon

This is 100% confirmed. It is a one time thing for each of them so pick your highest CP Eevee!
By Rife 2016-07-18 00:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Zagato said: »
Random Tip: Not sure if I'm too late to the party, I tried to read like 7-8 pages back and didn't see this but if you want to get your Flareon, Vaporeon and Jolteon 100% you have to name your Eevee:

- Pyro for Flareon
- Rainer for Vaporeon
- Spiky for Jolteon

This is 100% confirmed. It is a one time thing for each of them so pick your highest CP Eevee!

Sparky* not spiky lol
 Siren.Zagato
Server: Siren
user: Zagato
By Siren.Zagato 2016-07-18 01:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Rife said: »

- Pyro for Flareon
- Rainer for Vaporeon
- Spiky for Jolteon

Sparky* not spiky lol

My bad, yes, Sparky. I've been up for almost 48 hours catching pokemanz cuz my friends won't leave me alone . . .
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-18 04:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

- Pyro for Flareon
- Rainer for Vaporeon
- Spiky for Jolteon

A few posts before this...
Anyway:

I'm looking for help with the whole renaming eevee to get certain pokemon. Im sure you all heard the rumour and the names to rename them.

SO! Instead of me doing 15 total eevee evolutions (I -do- need my candy after all), I'm looking for at least 2 volunteers to help me out. I would need you to evolve 5 of the same eevolution. According to the theory, you SHOULD end up with 5 of the same pokemon. I am going to personally attempt 5 jolteons. If I can have 2 volunteers help me out with 125 eevee candies to evolve 5 vaporeon and flareon, this would be a huge help in actually, once and for all, debunking this damn myth.

I unfortunately did not take screenshots of when I did 7 eevees (3 Jolteons, 2 vaporeons, 2 flareons), and only received 2 that matched the correct name to eevolution.

So, if you're interested, please send me a PM with which pokemon you'd be interested in attempting. If more people want to attempt this further with more of the same types of pokemon, it'll help the samplesize further.

Only things I would require is a screenshot before and after evolution.

Thank you in advance for the help. and hopefully we can once and for all debunk this stupid hoax.

Oh Jebus Crisps.
Here. I done 2/5 test subjects so far. IT. DOES. NOT. WORK. IT. IS. A. HOAX. You have a 33% chance of getting the one you desire. You might get lucky, and believe the hoax, but here. Here is your proof below.

First attempt:

Second attempt:
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2016-07-18 04:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It does work. Have you tried logging out via settings > log out after you've renamed it?

Because if there's one thing I've noticed communicating with servers is really unreliable at the moment.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-18 04:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »
It does work. Have you tried logging out via settings > log out after you've renamed it?

Because if there's one thing I've noticed communicating with servers is really unreliable at the moment.

yes, I have. I done everything the stupid hoax had said to do.

But please, believe everything you read on the internet...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-18 04:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Eevee thing worked for me and 6 or 7 of my friends as well as hundreds/thousands of confirmed cases on reddit. Statistically improbable to be untrue, more likely to be a connection error.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 61 62 63