Pokémon GO! - (Savage)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 61 62 63
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-16 12:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Direction to a tracked pokemon*

I heard a rumour that the bar in the corner pulsates if you pick the pokemon you want and walking closer towards it. Not sure if its true, again, just a rumour.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-16 12:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

With all the talk of people running out of battery playing this here's the solution!

http://www.getampy.com/

actually I don't know if there is a less expensive one lol but it could work!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-16 13:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-16 13:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Going outside anymore:

[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-16 13:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jiko said: »

I heard a rumour that the bar in the corner pulsates if you pick the pokemon you want and walking closer towards it. Not sure if its true, again, just a rumour.
I notice the pulsating when the nearby list updates.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-16 13:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-16 13:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

I'll keep an eye on that. Normally I don't keep it minimized unless I'm tracking a certain 'mon. I pretty much know where all my pokestops are, so unless it vibrates, my radar stays up
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-16 13:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-07-16 13:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Servers have been down all morning. Anyone able to login since the hack?

idk about earlier today, but I haven't been able to get on for the past hour or so. :( Anyone else on?

Also, has it been confirmed that there actually was a DDoS attack? After all, we're dealing with the weekend warrior crowd and the fact that the game launched in a bunch of additional countries today--could just be some attention-starved manchildren taking credit for the server congestion? :o
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-07-16 13:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

I'll keep an eye on that. Normally I don't keep it minimized unless I'm tracking a certain 'mon. I pretty much know where all my pokestops are, so unless it vibrates, my radar stays up
Someone showed me something yesterday (not sure if true or not) but say you want to track a 3 step Eevee, select it, then zoom in your screen completely, and slowly turn the camera around your character, if the Eevee is in ailment to your camera, it'll pulsate, meaning it's in that direction.

I haven't tried it yet, but I was playing around with it, by 360'ing around my character and it seemed to pulsate indicating the same direction about the 4 times that I was fiddling with it.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-16 13:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Their servers are just shitty, I doubt it was a DDoS attack. Just a friday night.

Didnt work for me yesterday. tried with a few different pokemon.

Edit: Just tried it again with a 3 step pidgott. Stood and slowly did a complete 360 and nothing. Boy I looked stupid outside...
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-07-16 14:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-16 14:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

To catch that bulbasaur*
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-07-16 14:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Their servers are just shitty, I doubt it was a DDoS attack. Just a friday night.

Edit: Just tried it again with a 3 step pidgott. Stood and slowly did a complete 360 and nothing. Boy I looked stupid outside...
Oh, no, YOU don't do the 360 D: you spin the camera around your character
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-16 14:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »

Oh, no, YOU don't do the 360 D: you spin the camera around your character

By spinning myself 360*, so does the camera when held in front of me. :p
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-07-16 14:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're gonna do a 360 at least follow up with a moonwalk to make the Michael Jackson dance look convincing, add a crotch grab for good measure.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-16 14:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn. That'd had been a good idea :(
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-16 17:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Im sure some of you know the feels.

[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-16 17:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Im sure some of you know the feels.

I've seen one at a gorilla statue that is by a bank.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-16 18:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Went to UNCC today. Had dozens of people walking around doing ***until a thunderstorm started. At one point had 3 stops lit up with lures all within range of each other next to a pond so caught tons of cool stuff. Then ended up getting a 325 Weepinbell on the way home. have 2 10km eggs incubating now, the first one had a stupid eevee in it...
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-16 18:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Went to UNCC today. Had dozens of people walking around doing ***until a thunderstorm started. At one point had 3 stops lit up with lures all within range of each other next to a pond so caught tons of cool stuff. Then ended up getting a 325 Weepinbell on the way home. have 2 10km eggs incubating now, the first one had a stupid eevee in it...

Can never have enough eevee candy
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-07-16 18:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

bam

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-16 18:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Also it was pretty comical, once the thunderstorm started we all just got in our cars and started driving around campus stopping at pokestops lmao
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-16 18:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this is something others have experienced but I noticed you can actually make yourself walk while standing still inside a building, albeit very slightly and accidentally.

Last night, while cooking and doing other home chores, I left the game on idling. Occasionally, the screen would lock and I would unlock it and resume idling (listening for popping pokemon). To my surpise, I hatched three eggs that night doing this.

For some reason, it appears that standing inside of a building but having your location off/on repeatedly causes your gps to try to find your location. Since you're indoors, you sometimes cannot get a perfect signal. I noticed my character was across the street, down the street, outside, but always within like 500 ft or so. When my signal then got stable, my character ran back to my house, but the steps were actually counted.

FWIW, I was 4.9 on 2 eggs and 4.8 on 1 egg, but all three hatched. Can guarantee that I did not move the phone out of my kitchen once in that entire hour timespan. So yeah, you can "glitch" move slightly by forcing the game to re-register your GPS location (you should get a red banner saying "GPS signal could not be found") by turning it on andc off, or locking your screen and resuming playing. You should notice your character walks very slowly, turning around, sometimes moving up and down, but those steps are counted!

Happy Hunting!
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-07-16 18:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

oh and also caught a Magmar and a Aerodactil during my poke-trip.
not as cool as the scyther tho.
 Shiva.Carrelo
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-07-16 18:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

idk, Magmar has potential.

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-16 18:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah I took over the cemetery jesus statue gym too, Bird Jesus(Pidgeot) and LOLCarrot(Vaporeon) took out all the defenders. Still have my vaporeon stationed there so hopefully i get some coins out of it.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-16 18:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Showing that eeeve love.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-16 18:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

nvm seems they already took the gym back. anyway this is my current lineup, pretty low overall but better than a lot of people around here.

also the amount of people i met today with extremely damaged and cracked phones is unreal holy ***people
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-16 18:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Im currently looking for an area around here with a decent population of growliths and dratinis. Snorlaxes would be *** awesome also.

I have some leads, but haven't seen anything so far. With the 3 step glitch, as well as "ghosting" pokemon, it's becoming an issue to locate anything ALTHOUGH I did catch a growlith last night... unfortunately it's way too low for me to be worthwhile (somewhere mid-high 200s).

My only issue is that I DONT want them to come from eggs as I've noticed they have have a decently lower CP than wild in my experence. The upside though is the candy, which I will need a lot of. I'm going to be farming my as off tonight, placing modules/incense to farm weedles/pidgeys for xp powerleveling/stardust. Each evolution has been givinge between 1k-1.5~k srardust. Been saving up 240 candy each weedle/pidgeys candy and banging out 40k xp in one egg on top of other catchs/pokestops.

If you want to start getting much better pokemon, and I know some of you can't, buy the 25 lucky eggs for 11$. I used 6 and I went from 15->20 in 2 and a half days. Its been about 4 days since my last use, but it's extremely worth it if you want nicer cp Pokémon in the wild. , as well as a MUCH nicer CP bonus when evolving. That vaporeon went from 570 to 1400 something when evolved. VERY much recommended. Even if you buy the 5$(?) Egg batch, it will greatly help, even if you don't have a lot if pokestops.

Under the egg, you get:
-1k xp per evolution
-1k xp for new Pokémon added to dex
-200 xp per caught Pokémon
-100 xp per pokespot

I'm telling you, its EXTREMELY worth it.
I try to do this about once a week.

1.)4 pidgeys/weedles (12 candy)= 1 evolution
2.)You get 1 candy for evolving, 1 candy for evolving bringing you to 2.
3.) If youre like me and saved 240 per, that equals an additional 24 candy, or 2 more evolutions. That's 26000 xp. If you do both, that'd 52000xp per egg. At the mid teens, that's about 4 or so levels.so I'm telling you It's 100% worth it, especially how many pidgey/weeds you'll catch. This also works with ratatatatas, but being 25 per evolution but still 1k xp per evolve. Trust me. It's an amazing way to level, and I hope this helps all of you be able to aquire the best Pokémon you can.

Also a protip: PLEASE don't put any Pokémon in a gym under 1100 unless you're training it. If training, put 2 really weak Pokémon in to beat the gym and majorly boost prestige of the gym quickly. As it gets higher, the weakest Pokémon will get kicked, making walls much more stronger, making it harder to take over.

I do hope this advice helps, and please, if you find this helpful, please give the post a plus. As corny as it sounds, it feels good to be able to help people out, especially since *** love to rate ***down on my profile for unknown reasons. Thanks.

Good luck on your Pokémon adventures!

-Jiko
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 61 62 63