What Do You Drink And Why?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » What do you drink and why?
What do you drink and why?
By Sidiov 2015-07-23 13:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I have about 300 bottles at home currently. I have an alcohol problem, but its not drinking, its buying.
The collection focus is on whiskeys, and that tends to be what I drink when I have one.
However, I think in general the best flavor to me is Cognac, I love Louis XIII, Pierre Ferrand Ancestral, Maison Surrenne Tonneau #1. There is also a fantastic tequila called Herradura Selection Suprema.

Why? Because I like the taste and the history around distillation.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-07-23 13:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just hanging out having beers with friends - Bud Light Lime or Redds.

I had a crap day and need to get sh*twrecked - straight vodka (perogies on the side).

Out at a bar/club - GIRLY DRINKS. That ***is just too yummy to pass up when I don't have to make it myself.
By fonewear 2015-07-23 13:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I just had this the other day:

Hennepin is an amazing Saison

And this:

[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-23 13:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I could go on but unless you want like 100 plus different beers I've tried you get the point !

Basically try Ommegang they make damn good beer.
By fonewear 2015-07-23 13:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
rum and mead~

Mead is amazing if you like it you should try Barleywine. Sierra Nevada and Anchor Brewing make good ones.

And Dogfish Head.
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-07-23 13:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

not a beer fan, usually if im drinking its jager bombs or crown with monster and cranberry. tried my friends pineapple upside downcake it was tasty, be nice if i wanna get buzzed w/o tasting it.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-23 13:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I think my worst hangover involved a night of pounding Bud Light Cran-brr-rita's.

Expert opinion says avoid at all costs.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-23 13:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I cringe when I see people buy PBR when there is 600 craft beers right behind them.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-23 13:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I cringe when I see people buy PBR when there is 600 craft beers right behind them.

PBR: Official beer of beer pong.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2015-07-23 14:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You can buy a twelve pack of PBR for $8 around here. Often quantity > quality.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-07-23 14:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Coke and Vodka.
And Lemonade and Peach Schnapps are my go to.
By fonewear 2015-07-23 14:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »

Still no excuse...but I get what you are saying.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-23 14:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

stella makes a cider!??!

I might have to check out one of these beer caves in the liquor stores that I've been too cool for.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-07-23 14:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

beer is just awful tbh, I can't say I have experience drinking urine, but I have a strong feeling that the two taste similar
By fonewear 2015-07-23 14:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can get someone to drink a cider beer the next step to regular beer is easy.
By fonewear 2015-07-23 14:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
beer is just awful tbh, I can't say I have experience drinking urine, but I have a strong feeling that the two taste similar

Nope but I understand where you are coming from cause I used to hate the taste also.

I actually hated Scotch too but you acquire tastes for beer or Scotch or whatever. You can't drink alcohol one time and say "I'm done never drinking x again !" Keep on drinking damn it !
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2015-07-23 14:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite wine is Soft Huckleberry from Ste. Chapelle. They also make a Soft Red that's very good. I don't like being drunk or even tipsy, but I like the feeling of relaxation I get when I have a glass of wine after dinner. And I honestly like the taste of those two.

If it's horribly hot as Satan's own privates outside, then occasionally I'll drink a cider or an ale. Angry Orchard's Iceman is good, or Redd's Apple or Strawberry ales. Johnny Appleseed also has a nice apple cider. After one bottle you won't even notice that there's alcohol in your system, but they taste crisp and refreshing. If any of you have a Yard House restaurant nearby, give their Pear Cider or Raspberry Cider a try. It's the same type of deal, you won't get tipsy or even notice the alcohol, but they taste yummy.

If it's nice and chilly out, then I like mulled wine or mead. Warm, spicy, and yummy! It'll get you all warm, relaxed, and cozy just before bed, and you'll love winter even more than you already do. Mmmm!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Yatenkou
Server: Ragnarok
user: Yatenkou
By Ragnarok.Yatenkou 2015-07-23 14:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-07-23 14:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Vodka any red bull or monster! Get drunk and be energized at the same time lol. If I am at home relaxing then its a good single malt. Only have 2 months a year to enjoy a drink or two!
 Lakshmi.Leosin
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2015-07-23 14:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I think my worst hangover involved a night of pounding Bud Light Cran-brr-rita's.

Expert opinion says avoid at all costs.

BACARDI 151.

Never again.

Not even Everclear messed me up THAT bad.

Jet I know you said no Tequila, but jfmi, have you ever had Cabo Wabo reposado? I parted ways with Tequila many years ago but Cabo made me reconcile.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Jaqen
Server: Carbuncle
user: Jaqen
By Carbuncle.Jaqen 2015-07-23 15:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Best IPA I have had in a long time. Highly recommended!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-23 15:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Favorite beer...

Go-to for Cab-Sav, which I've found the hangovers are increasingly debilitating...

Malbec is a better alternative in light of the risk/reward ratio with Cab-Sav and it's a smidge sweeter...

Mexican martinis for a mixed drink. I like the tartness and the saltiness the olives provide over salt-rimmed margaritas.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-07-23 15:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »

A restaurant nearby used to sell PBR cans for $5. People bought it sometimes, *** if I know why. Regardless, my opinion on PBR has generally been that if it's all you can afford, you probably shouldn't be spending money on alcohol in the first place.

Whiskey's my go-to, usually some variety of Irish. Scotch if I'm splurging, which is rare. I don't drink very often to begin with. Vodka's alright at times, and I'm not averse to a margarita or certain other mixed drinks in the appropriate setting.

Never saw the point in acquiring a taste for particular varieties of alcohol. Find something you like and enjoy it, there's something for everyone.
[+]
 Sylph.Kyogi
Server: Sylph
user: Kyogi
By Sylph.Kyogi 2015-07-23 15:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not too picky about beer.... except ONE, Coors, my god the most god awful tasting piece of filth crap to even ever call itself beer in the first place, anyone drinking that needs a 40ft wooden stake up their *** sideways for drinking such piss in the first place. /endrant

Mix drink wise Bloody Marys are my go to drink mostly, extra olives extra worcestershire give it that right amount of kick.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-23 15:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Jaqen said: »

Best IPA I have had in a long time. Highly recommended!

I'll have to try this I've enjoyed some of their other beers.
 Siren.Fattynoob
Server: Siren
user: Dreamasky
By Siren.Fattynoob 2015-07-23 16:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't drink often, but when I do it's on my birthday.Tequila until I hit the floor. Dill pickle juice chasers I just found out about a couple years ago. If you gotta drink the cheap stuff at some seedy bar.

[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-07-23 16:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't drink much anymore, but I drive out to The Rohan Meadery in La Grange, Texas a couple times a year. As a warning, they'll only let you ask a-how-how-how something's made twice before they politely ask you to leave.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2015-07-24 21:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i've seen some mentions of bombay sapphire, and hendricks. i go the same but i split them between gin and tonic and martini's respectively. most scotches, single malt plz, and a couple of bourbons.

I drink Reyka vodka, Gosling Black Rum, Laphroiag is my preferred scotch. Knob Creek tends to be the go to bourbon of choice for whiskey cokes. When it comes to beer, I love to try them all. Kentucky Bourbon Ale is probably my favorite of the moment. Had two the other night while out with friends and was pleasantly surprised.

Not one for wine, I can't spot a 5 dollar bleh bleh from a 500 dollar bleh de bleh.
[+]