Will An Ffxi Ban Affect Ffxiv Service?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » will an ffxi ban affect ffxiv service?
will an ffxi ban affect ffxiv service?
By rogosh 2015-07-01 16:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

had a ffxi account banned for speed/pos tools (knew the risks and not upset at being banned) that was on the same SEID as an ffxiv account that has been inactive before heavensward came out.

if i try to reactivate it to try the new expansion, will it get banned too?
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-07-01 17:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I know someone who got banned in XI who is using the same SEID for an XIV account. That doesn't mean SE won't decide to ban in the future based on previous bans in XI though.
By Kell 2015-07-05 16:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't be certain if this is still true, but I was told back in ffxiv 1.0 that they'd consider the infractions from XI when making judgements on your xiv account.

I still have warnings/temp from when I camped ground kings (long ago, thx jp gms, my whm still ♡ you), so I ended up making another SE account for my XIV adventures.

Because why chance it?
 Ragnarok.Yatenkou
Server: Ragnarok
user: Yatenkou
By Ragnarok.Yatenkou 2015-07-05 17:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

They can't ban your FF14 account for something that happened in FF11. Why? Because you agreed to 2 separate terms of services, if you only broke the ToS on one game, you aren't eligible for a ban on the other game due to not breaking the other game's ToS.

They cannot legally do this, and if they have no evidence to prove that you broke the ToS in the other game, then you could hold them legally liable as a ToS agreement is a contract, and they break their contract by banning you for something that has no impact on that ToS you agreed to.

So in short, if they banned you in FF14 for something you did in FF11, they are not allowed to do that and could get in trouble.
 Ragnarok.Yatenkou
Server: Ragnarok
user: Yatenkou
By Ragnarok.Yatenkou 2015-07-05 17:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

However, deletion of your Square Enix account is an option they may take, however they typically don't do that as people can just make another one.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-05 18:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Yatenkou said: »
They can't ban your FF14 account for something that happened in FF11. Why? Because you agreed to 2 separate terms of services, if you only broke the ToS on one game, you aren't eligible for a ban on the other game due to not breaking the other game's ToS.

They cannot legally do this, and if they have no evidence to prove that you broke the ToS in the other game, then you could hold them legally liable as a ToS agreement is a contract, and they break their contract by banning you for something that has no impact on that ToS you agreed to.

So in short, if they banned you in FF14 for something you did in FF11, they are not allowed to do that and could get in trouble.

All terms of service clearly state that they own the intellectual property and can terminate your service for any reason at any time. They can ban all your game accounts and your SE account because they don't like the color of your eyes.

Yes, being banned in ffxi could get you banned from ffxiv, but it's unlikely.