Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-05-05 19:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
You just realized that rly?
Yeah. Previously, I saw him as a loudmouth nutjob who's only in the race to be in front of a camera and show his metaphorical ***. But his pretty much being the nominee and Republican senators and Paul Ryan not wanting to support him, voters burning their I'd cards, etc. I see it slightly different now.

I used to also just assume he was a Democrat plant to just *** ***up.
Performance art remains a possibility.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-05 19:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The Tea Party stands to suffer the most from the Trump ticket, they already lost the primary for the open Senate seat in Indiana this last weekend, with Cruz' defeat, they are pretty much ***out of friends. Romney tried to go further right for them, didn't work. Now Trump isn't even a conservative, much less a hardline conservative. I don't think he cares about them at all lol.
By Altimaomega 2016-05-05 19:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The Tea Party stands to suffer the most from the Trump ticket, they already lost the primary for the open Senate seat in Indiana this last weekend, with Cruz' defeat, they are pretty much ***out of friends. Romney tried to go further right for them, didn't work. Now Trump isn't even a conservative, much less a hardline conservative. I don't think he cares about them at all lol.

Conservatives want a secure border.
Conservatives want the ACA repealed.
Conservatives want taxes fixed/changed, anything really.
Conservatives want business to come back to America.

He may not be a hard line Conservative but they will vote for him, in mass. To say otherwise is dishonest.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-05 19:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That has nothing to do with the fate of the Tea Party, lol.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-05-05 19:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

what if he's intentionally trying to destroy the GOP as it stands atm

The thing is, the GOP as it stands atm needs to be destroyed.

What was once the party of fiscal responsibility and limited government has gotten all tangled up with the Evangelicals, to the detriment of all involved. Gerrymandering and other tricks have gotten them control of Congress, but anyone pandering that far right was never going to sniff the Presidency.

Trump's greatest asset - his refusal to kowtow to any particular voting bloc* - is what makes the White House a possibility for him that it was never going to be for Cruz/Romney**/etc.

If Trump blows up the party and makes it shed some weight in the process, the resulting party will be stronger for it. People want fiscal responsibility, but a lot of them want separation of church and state more, so they go blue.

* = If you consider "white, poor, xenophobic and angry" a voting bloc, then I guess he's pandering there a little

** = I mean the weird Presidential nominee version of Romney, not the effective MA governor version. That guy was awesome, and it'd be nice to know where the hell he went
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-05 20:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
I mean the weird Presidential nominee version of Romney, not the effective MA governor version. That guy was awesome, and it'd be nice to know where the hell he went
It was Romneycare that did it to him.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-05-05 20:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

** = I mean the weird Presidential nominee version of Romney, not the effective MA governor version. That guy was awesome, and it'd be nice to know where the hell he went

Funny you should ask. I was watching 'American Genius' series on netflix and he had a commentating/opinion piece randomly hahaha. I was like o.O wtf are you doing here narrating....
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-05-05 20:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

oops. I can't quote apparently

[Fixed it for you. --Rooks]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-05 20:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing is, the GOP as it stands atm needs to be destroyed.
Agreed.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-05 20:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Administrator bias!

Why do you get to help somebody who doesn't post in the P&R section often but not us regulars??

bias! BIAS, I TELL YOU!!!!
Administrator
By Cruz Missive 2016-05-05 20:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I mean the weird Presidential nominee version of Romney, not the effective MA governor version. That guy was awesome, and it'd be nice to know where the hell he went
It was Romneycare that did it to him.

But Romneycare was basically a success! It wasn't perfect, but it did all the things the ACA is attempting to do, except it did them more effectively and at lower cost.

If Mittens had decided to run as "I was a popular, effective Republican governor in one of the bluest states in the nation. I helped fix healthcare in a way that didn't raise taxes, and have a proven track record of accomplishment as an executive", he might have won!

Instead, he cranked the wheel starboard, got in bed with the religious right (who still didn't accept him, because Mormon) and submarined any chance he had of using his "efficient executive" street cred to make a floundering economy a path to victory.

Obama was vulnerable as hell, and Romney let him off the hook.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-05 20:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cruz Missive said: »
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-05-05 20:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Administrator bias!

Why do you get to help somebody who doesn't post in the P&R section often but not us regulars??

I stated at the onset of this change that I would cheerfully fix legitimate formatting errors. The goal was never to make posts unreadable, just relatively static.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-05 20:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Self-deportation destroyed Romney's chances. Also, let Detroit go bankrupt did him no favors. And Paul Ryan as a VP was stupid, he didn't even bring his own state. But when you lose the Hispanic vote 80-20 (and thats being generous), you aren't going to win.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-05 20:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Holy ***guys... I just realized something.

Ok, so, just admit it, the Republican party has been absolute ***lately due to the aftermath of the Bush administration and the emergence of crazies like the Tea Party, birthers, etc. and the party needs to die, it needs to die in a fire.

"Trump is too divisive!" "Trump is destroying the Republican party!"

What if, just what if...he actually knows what he's doing, what if he's intentionally trying to destroy the GOP as it stands atm? In short, what if he is actually doing some good that is hidden behind what everyone sees as him doing something bad?

Ted Cruz, John Kasich, Marco Rubio... To be fair, a vote for them is a vote for the same *** as Bush, McCain, and Romney but a vote for Trump is Russian roulette. It could be a click or a bang.

I'm not sure how optimistic I want to be here but I am a little optimistic that we won't be completely ***.

Are you actually being serious right now? Several of us have been trying to point this out for a long time.

Yeah. Previously, I saw him as a loudmouth nutjob who's only in the race to be in front of a camera and show his metaphorical ***. But his pretty much being the nominee and Republican senators and Paul Ryan not wanting to support him, voters burning their I'd cards, etc. I see it slightly different now.

I used to also just assume he was a Democrat plant to just *** ***up.

Why did this all of the sudden dawn on you? This is really fascinating if you are being honest.

I'm not being sarcastic or anything right now I really want to know!
I never took Trump seriously, he was just a joke but now he's pretty much the nominee.

Re: "we've been saying this for months". It's a lot easier to read into a person's message without the thick coating of bickering, slapfighting, and *** that it's usually covered in so, yeah I probably didn't delve far enough into the discussion when I usually have to read and clear harassment reports from here because somebody said something that someone didn't agree with, made a vague reference to something someone said four months prior, or my personal favorite; "he said my name!"
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-05 20:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Administrator bias!

I stated at the onset of this change that I would cheerfully fix legitimate formatting errors. The goal was never to make posts unreadable, just relatively static.
Bias I say, bias!

You like seeing spelling errors, admit it!
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-05 21:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

He's admitted it numerous times from what I've seen.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-05-06 00:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That has nothing to do with the fate of the Tea Party, lol.

They'll settle happily for Ted Cruz on the Supreme Court.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-05-06 00:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Deces said: »
You liberals are shamelessly disgusting.
YouTube Video Placeholder

When the mashed potatoes vat is empty at Golden Corral.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-05-06 00:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I've can't bring myself to watch that video
By volkom 2016-05-06 03:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait for Trump to make America great again~
By fonewear 2016-05-06 07:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we build a wall to keep the Mexican food conversation out ?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-05-06 07:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't eat anything Mexican without verifying it coming to the country "legally".
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-06 10:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Can we build a wall to keep the Mexican food conversation out ?

I tried, but those dang Mongolians kept knocking it down.

[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-06 10:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't eat anything Mexican without verifying it coming to the country "legally".

I bet I can think of a few exceptions for which I bet you'd bypass the vetting process.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-05-06 10:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I found the only person that can defeat Trump:

Captain Mexican American !

[+]
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-05-06 10:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

I bet I can think of a few exceptions for which I bet you'd bypass the vetting process.

To be fair, if she were bypassing it that way it would be safe to say she would probably have a little American in her.

IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN
[+]
By fonewear 2016-05-06 10:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of Captain America. I'm pretty sure he was made in China. But Trump is going to make Captain America American again !
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-06 11:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Captain Mexican American !

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-05-06 12:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump Attempts Latino Outreach With Taco Bowl
'I love Hispanics!'

Quote:
(Newser) – Would Donald Trump use Cinco de Mayo to shore up his historically awful favorability numbers with Latino voters? You better believe it! The presumptive Republican nominee tweeted a photo of himself eating a taco salad Thursday along with the message "Happy #CincoDeMayo! The best taco bowls are made in Trump Tower Grill. I love Hispanics!" Politico reports the "taco fiesta" was the special of the day at Trump Tower, where $13.50 bought you "ground sautéed beef with jalapeños, onions, tomatoes, and chili spices served in a taco shell topped with lettuce and cheddar cheese." Trump's tweet, understandably, brought a cavalcade of takes:

“My conclusion is either Donald Trump is completely clueless or he is the greatest troll in the history of the Internet," a spokesperson for the National Council of La Raza tells Politico.

"Holy guacamole, what a dipshit," tweets Dennis Hollingsworth, a former GOP senator in California.

The Washington Post got serious: "Hispanics, like black Americans, are this other group to which Trump tries to appeal, not part of the communal group of Americans that are included when he says 'we.'"

"Would that we all could pivot so deliciously to the general," tweets journalist Scott Tobias.

An Eater NY review of Trump Tower's taco bowl from January found it "so devoid of flavor, it rendered an insult to Mexicans every bit as profound as Trump’s previous pronouncements."

"'Jesus. All I did was ride in a tank.' -- Mike Dukakis," tweets comedy writer Chris Regan.

USA Today helpfully points out the taco salad actually originated in the States.

Author Mat Johnson tweets: "Who knew America disintegrating would be so funny?"

"A taco bowl is just a taco with a big, beautiful wall around it," tweets Washington Post reporter Karen Tumulty.

Slate states: "How did he forgot the sombrero? Where's the mariachi band? Does he want to win or not?"

"holy smokes i never once thought about how much fun watching trump grovel for the coloured vote is gonna be," tweets Greg Howard of the New York Times.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 216 217 218