First Page 2 3 ... 187 188 189 ... 216 217 218
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-08-02 13:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thorva said: »
Not sure who is angry, I just pointed out you can't make false claims with math and proved that very point. I also clearly stated I don't care what political values he holds, just not to make *** claims.

Sounds like you don't get out much.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-08-02 13:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iuno said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Oh, so you're okay with outsourcing american jobs to asian workers?!?
say that in california, i bet you'll find a ton of white conservatives willing to pick walnuts and strawberries for sub standard pay with 0 benefits in a 100+ degree sun!

yeah! get rid of those immigrants and cheap labor! america needs jobs!

The price of whatever goods you are speaking of need to go up and workers need to be paid a fair and legal wage. White people that seem to have your ire will certainly do those jobs; they just won't do them for 5 dollars a week.
 Asura.Thorva
Server: Asura
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-08-02 13:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
No it's hyperbole, do I need a /hyperbole tag? but it doesn't change the fact it's a monumental undertaking that can't be done as advertised on the campaign stump. /inference.
What can't be done is attempting to make false claims with math, math is the one true language, there is no slang in math, there is no ghetto in math. Math is the same in every language.
As I skimmed over your link, nowhere in there did I find anything about 600 buses, and I used that neat little trick called ctrl+F. I searched "year" to find your claim of 600 buses a day, I search "600" I did not find the claim of 600 buses a day would take 20 years. So I might have missed it, not likely, but possible. The fact is, either you lied about 600 buses a day to support your side of the debate which was proven to be false with real math. Or I missed where is said they are putting 2.5 people per bus in that link.
Don't like the idea? fine. don't like Trump? fine. Don't go making things up to support your opinion. Don't go believing everything you see online, obviously as I clearly blew a whole in that false claim of 600 buses a day would take 20 years.
Now if you want to be anti-Trump or whatever, fine go right ahead, but please use real facts and math if you want to be taken seriously, because the very moment you make wild *** *** claims like you did with the 600 buses a day would take 20 years, you immediately lose credibility and nobody will buy anything you say anymore.

The 600 buses was hyperbole. It was intentional. You shouldn't still be stuck on it.

If you need it pointed out to you

#1 the study has nothing to do with the hyperbole of 600 buses but everything to do with the scope and scale of deporting 11 million people in 2yrs with respect to what needs to addressed with respect to current laws, available man power, and resources to achieve that.

#2: The same group that published this paper published a prior study that gave a range of 20yrs to deport 11 million people with the current laws, available man power, and resources.

#3 you're probably still stuck on the 600 and nobody can help you get off your high horse. But that's ok because you for got the variables of 28 days of detainment and the required judges decision. Which in case you didn't know are backlogged for 2yrs at the moment.

So forget about the 600 buses statement because it wasn't meant to be taken seriously, much like any post directed at Lordgrim.

I don't think you get it, hyperbole or not, the comment was vastly over exaggerated and killed your credibility. Don't make vastly over exaggerated claims. It makes you look uneducated.

It has nothing to do with your link, has nothing to do with how long it will take to actually deport 11 million people. It has nothing to do with political values. It has to do with credibility. Especially in text when sarcasm is so difficult to see, unless you make an actual attempt to show sarcasm. If anything I am trying to help you in your future debates.

Don't use math as a hyperbole, it just doesn't work.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-08-02 13:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure who is angry, I just pointed out you can't make false claims with math and proved that very point. I also clearly stated I don't care what political values he holds, just not to make *** claims.

I am so glad you are not only an expert with math, but also an expert on people's personal lifestyles. Could you tell me what my future holds too? I really need a psychic in my life as well.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-08-02 13:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just gonna say; you're way to invested in Zerowone's comments to not come off as being angry.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-08-02 13:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you tell me what my future holds too?

you're going to be taxed a lot, then die.

that'll be $24.99.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-08-02 13:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I am so glad you are not only an expert with math, but also an expert on people's personal lifestyles. Could you tell me what my future holds too? I really need a psychic in my life as well.

I think you need Snickers.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-02 13:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Never forget:

Presidential material. An exemplar of our nation.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-08-02 13:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Could you tell me what my future holds too?

you're going to be taxed a lot, then die.

that'll be $24.99.

Cheaper than the last psychic, she told me I great things ahead though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-08-02 13:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

a Snickers*
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-02 13:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick, deflect to Hillary! Shields up!
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-08-02 13:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Just gonna say; you're way to invested in Zerowone's comments to not come off as being angry.

Useless troll post but I won't complain to a mod. I definitely won't complain to a mod about your unprovoked taunt.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-08-02 13:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Being invested and being angry are completely different things. I invest time with clients for work. Doesn't mean I hate my job. How many people get to say they work from home sitting by the pool?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-08-02 13:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Being invested and being angry are completely different things. I invest time with clients for work. Doesn't mean I hate my job. How many people get to say they work from home sitting by the pool?

This cliche never gets old.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-08-02 13:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I'll be more specific.

For me, at least, an essay about how someones credibility has been irrevocably damaged over a statement full of hyperbole comes off as being angry.

Particularly after your own actual math was just as far off the mark because you weren't accounting for laws in place and the logistics of assembling 11 million people who likely don't want to leave.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-08-02 13:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This cliche never gets old.
The great part is, it is not a cliche. I am in fact outside by the pool now, hang on I will get you a pic.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-02 13:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
The price of whatever goods you are speaking of need to go up and workers need to be paid a fair and legal wage. White people that seem to have your ire will certainly do those jobs; they just won't do them for 5 dollars a week.
So you're ok with upping the minimum wage, good!

"I said it a million times"
"I did that a couple of times"
"That's a ton of stuff"
etc.

It does.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-08-02 13:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I'll be more specific.

For me, at least, an essay about how someones credibility has been irrevocably damaged over a statement full of hyperbole comes off as being angry.

Particularly after your own actual math was just as far off the mark because you weren't accounting for laws in place and the logistics of assembling 11 million people who likely don't want to leave.

Actually my math was spot on, the claim was 600+ buses a day, that means the claim was 600+ buses a day were being deported. The investment I made was to simply state not to make false math claims. After showing it was bad math on his part, it magically became a hyperbole. So it went from this is math, to, this was just a metaphor.
If you want to use metaphor and math, by all means, go for it. Just make sure to be upfront about it at the start or it makes you look like you don't know what you are talking about.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-08-02 13:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Useless troll post but I won't complain to a mod. I definitely won't complain to a mod about your unprovoked taunt.
Thanks, dude. Good to know you have my back.

Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-08-02 13:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't bother, you'll ruin all the fun and some of our posters will reverse image search along with triangulate your location via google maps and cannonball the hell out of your day.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-02 13:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You really think they're going to pay solid wages to pick fruit if all the ill eagles were deported? It'd just push further mechanization and then no one would have any jobs at all.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-08-02 13:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
So you're ok with upping the minimum wage, good!

"I said it a million times"
"I did that a couple of times"
"That's a ton of stuff"
etc.

It does.
That isn't a mathematical equation, those are numbers. Common phrases, there is a difference in making falsified mathematics and making a claim that you said it a million times.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-08-02 13:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't bother, you'll ruin all the fun and some of our posters will reverse image search along with triangulate your location via google maps and cannonball the hell out of your day.

Oh I wouldn't worry about that, it will be personalized for you.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-08-02 14:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't let me edit last post...

Anyway, here you got buddy just for you.

[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-08-02 14:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Dammit.... screwed up second image and can't edit again, sorry for the multiple post guys.

Anyway, I am done now. Have fun kids, don't believe all the bad math you see. Gonna go swimming now. All this hard work made me need to dive in.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-08-02 14:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, I want to live with your mom too.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-08-02 14:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, because that house looks so close to the one they have in colorado. Must be those clay tiles that gave it away it was a Colorado home my mom is in.

Love how the internet has so many unsuccessful people they immediately think it isn't possible for anyone else to become successful and that everyone lives at home with mom. Sorry to here the most successful thing you can think would be moving out of home and not making it on your own.

Hint: quit accepting low paying jobs and learn to save money/finance. Really not that hard to get a decent place.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-08-02 14:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just *** around, calm down. It does look like a nice place though.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-02 14:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So many cards were pulled here it almost feels like a Yu-Gi-Oh episode.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-08-02 14:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like my moms house in LA.... Wait a minute!!
First Page 2 3 ... 187 188 189 ... 216 217 218