Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-21 11:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Sylph.Dravidian said: »
I'd say the same to you... Do you have any idea what the Muslim faith is about or just tidbits that people fed you?

Granted I should have specified the catholic faith as I was born into that and lived within that community my whole life... I've seen the good and the ugly within it... You mark me for generalizing but that's what you e been doing this whole time... You've not specified a certain brand of Christianity or told us why yours is better than the others...

I have not done any of this actually. I don't need to tell you my faith, because my argument isn't based on needing to know the knowledge. However, everyone knows that there are many different Christian religions. There has been no generalization that all Muslims are terrorist. They do however AGAIN, HAVE PEOPLE IN THEIR GROUP WHO HAVE COMMITTED THE MAJORITY OF TERRORIST ACTS IN RECENT HISTORY. I hope caps and bold help read that part since I keep pointing it out, yet you keep ignoring it.
Except when it comes to America they are not in the majority for terrorist attacks... So you'd be wrong there... You're basing you're supposed knowledge off of nothing more than guesses from your limited world view...

There are many different off shoots of Christians which they don't really differ all that much... Makes you wonder how so many different sects can spawn from one body... Who interpreted what in this specific way to determine that yeah hey this one is what we should be doing now? Where is the legitimacy? Personally I don't really care that much because people believe what they want and that's all fine and good..

I'd imagine you know little to nothing about the Muslim faith since you know you completely dodged that after telling me to go pick up the good book.

It's probably best you don't share what your faith is... Idk why you wouldn't but yeah keep faith to ones self is for the best..

Are you going to provide any sources to what you spew, or just keeping saying ignorant info?
What exactly in this statement is ignorant? Which would you like me to elaborate on?
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-06-21 11:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

A point being overlooked is that, in a country that has been engaged in civil war for a decade, most fighting aged males are dead or fighting, not looking to move thousands of miles away to fight an ideological war against a foreign entity.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-06-21 11:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Listening to Hillary's speech on the economy in Ohio. She is absolutely trashing all of the current policies of President Obama but pretending that they are Donald Trump's.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-21 11:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry every time a terrorist dies ISIS recruits a hopeless refugee to replenish the supply !
By fonewear 2016-06-21 11:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I really hope America becomes a country full of Syrian refugees. I'll finally have a reason to move to Canada or Mexico then.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-06-21 11:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

syria's the size of like... south carolina. if they're going to take over the US they better get to humping.
[+]
 Shiva.Eboneezer
Server: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2016-06-21 11:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Granting asylum to people escaping warzones is very simply the humane things to do.
If you were luving in a wartorn zone you'd be wishing to be accepted into peaceful countries too.

I absolutely agree. I just happen to favor the lives of US citizens over taking a risk of undocumented / poorly vetted refugees from areas of the world that are ranked at the top of terrorist activity. Especially terrorist activity that has specifically labeled us as targets. I wish there were other avenues. From what I've read, there are plenty of areas in their own country that they could be relocated to. With the help of the UN, could we not find a way to support/secure their stay there? Even if it were just long enough to where we could establish some kind of reliable information about who they are and info about their past? Right now, all we have to go on is based on the documents that they hand us. I'm not really excited about the validity of our intel on them at all. I'm not completely against accepting refugees, however I am completely against blindly accepting refugees from areas where many people have pledged to kill Americans. For me, Trump gets the nod in this regard vs Hillary wanting to blindly allow 65,000 into the US.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-21 11:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
syria's the size of like... south carolina. if they're going to take over the US they better get to humping.

Once probably feed and giving access to our overly sexual culture that shouldn't be a problem !
By fonewear 2016-06-21 11:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fed curse you edit button !
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-06-21 11:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Listening to Hillary's speech on the economy in Ohio. She is absolutely trashing all of the current policies of President Obama but pretending that they are Donald Trump's.

The real time fact checking is saying she's lying out her teeth. I'll post a link if I can find it again, just restarted computer
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-06-21 11:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eboneezer said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Granting asylum to people escaping warzones is very simply the humane things to do.
If you were luving in a wartorn zone you'd be wishing to be accepted into peaceful countries too.

I absolutely agree. I just happen to favor the lives of US citizens over taking a risk of undocumented / poorly vetted refugees from areas of the world that are ranked at the top of terrorist activity. Especially terrorist activity that has specifically labeled us as targets. I wish there were other avenues. From what I've read, there are plenty of areas in their own country that they could be relocated to. With the help of the UN, could we not find a way to support/secure their stay there? Even if it were just long enough to where we could establish some kind of reliable information about who they are and info about their past? Right now, all we have to go on is based on the documents that they hand us. I'm not really excited about the validity of our intel on them at all. I'm not completely against accepting refugees, however I am completely against blindly accepting refugees from areas where many people have pledged to kill Americans. For me, Trump gets the nod in this regard vs Hillary wanting to blindly allow 65,000 into the US.
You've casually dismissed the vetting process solely because it adheres to the pants-wetting fear that Trump is selling. It takes years to complete and is carried out by multiple agencies. No one is getting in here blindly. They're subjected to the highest level of scrutiny of anyone trying to get into the country.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-21 11:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

The real time fact checking is saying she's lying out her teeth. I'll post a link if I can find it again, just restarted computer

Of course she is lying she is a woman after all...
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-21 11:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I just think it's great that Hillary Clinton is spending so much time trashing the very people that paid her over 21 million dollars in recent years for speeches.

Oh yeah, Hillary. We really believe you're going to be hard on Wall Street as president after they so publicly bought your cooperation.
[+]
 Shiva.Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2016-06-21 11:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
You've casually dismissed the vetting process solely because it adheres to the pants-wetting fear that Trump is selling. It takes years to complete and is carried out by multiple agencies. No one is getting in here blindly. They're subjected to the highest level of scrutiny of anyone trying to get into the country.

Please enlighten me on the vetting process then. Carbon Copy the DHS and FBI as well. Look at the process.

Collect documents from applicant. That's reassuring as there is no database to compare it to or verify that they are who they say they are.

Screen for outstanding warrants or ties to known bad actors. Again that's reassuring as there is no database to compare it to other than what little bit we know. Their country has ***infrastructure and data for us to use.

Interviewed by USCIS officers. ...

Fingerprints collected. ...

Fingerprints scanned and ran through our databases. ....

That's it for security concerns
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-06-21 11:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

They're subjected to the highest level of scrutiny of anyone trying to get into the country.

unless you were a translator for the US military in afghanistan or iraq...
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-21 11:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Why not throw a bit more into the mix?

The old gasoline on the fire trick....

America has been the dumping ground / every other country on the planet's solution to housing the criminally insane...

you know why europe is boring? because most of their *** are here.
Id argue you've never been to Europe then...

We just make sure to arm them all here...

Isn't what makes America great the fact that we all are different that we come from different backgrounds and faiths and everything else... At one point or another all your families emigrated here looking for something better as many still do... Do we just choose now to cut everyone off because we are the true Americans? Or do we continue to build and welcome diverse people's like we have?

did we let germans,italians and japanese immigrate here during world war 2?

NO.

there's a war on dude. and common sense dictates we should not allow our enemies to infiltrate our country during war time because we're so caught up in politically correct ***.
Yes we did take in immigrants. We reduced the amount we took in and we jumped on the anti-semi time attitude, but we also accepted refugees.
World War 2 immigration
Quote:

Anti-Semitism fueled by the Depression and by demagogues like the radio priest Charles Coughlin influenced immigration policy. In 1939 pollsters found that 53 percent of those interviewed agreed with the statement "Jews are different and should be restricted." Between 1933 and 1945 the United States took in only 132,000 Jewish refugees, only ten percent of the quota allowed by law.

Reflecting a nasty strain of anti-Semitism, Congress in 1939 refused to raise immigration quotas to admit 20,000 Jewish children fleeing Nazi oppression. As the wife of the U.S. Commissioner of Immigration remarked at a cocktail party, "20,000 children would all too soon grow up to be 20,000 ugly adults." Instead of relaxing immigration quotas, American officials worked in vain to persuade Latin American countries and Great Britain to admit Jewish refugees. In January 1944, Secretary of the Treasury Henry Morgenthau, as the only Jew in the Cabinet, presented the President with a "Report to the Secretary on the Acquiescence of this Government in the Murder of the Jews." Shamed into action, Roosevelt created the War Refugee Board, which, in turn, set up refugee camps in Italy, North Africa, and the United States.

war refugee board

The attitudes towards refugees and many immigrants throughout American history is consistently the same, "we don'the want you, someone else take you because X reason".
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-21 11:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow auto correct, Anti-Semitism*
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-21 11:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure the screening process goes something like this:

Gov official: Are you a terrorist?

Refugee: Nope

Gov official: That concludes are through screen process welcome to America.
By fonewear 2016-06-21 11:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

our * damn you edit button
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-21 12:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Wow auto correct, Anti-Semitism*<insert Economancer grand entrance sound here>

Fortunately we also took several of their scientists which worked out really well for us...

You know I didn't mean none Economancer! /shakefist
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-21 12:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
our * damn you edit button

By fonewear 2016-06-21 12:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd gladly take in a Syrian refugee if I get unlimited bread sticks at Olive Garden...or a life time supply of good beer.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-21 12:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

unlimited bread sticks
??
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-21 12:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Your argument is well thought out, concise and intelligently presented...it would be convincing

IF ONLY ANY OF US HAD NEVER BEEN TO THE BMV!!!

or wherever you get your driver's license... holy ***it's like the ministry of love up in that MOFO!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-21 12:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
unlimited bread sticks
??

No the real deal not a user !
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-21 12:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

and don't even get me started on the TSA and it's diabolical plan to strip us all nekid and stand us up in glass boxes for six hours to get aboard a plane.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-21 12:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
They're subjected to the highest level of scrutiny of anyone trying to get into the country.

unless you were a translator for the US military in afghanistan or iraq...
Then you'really not likely to be given visa's....

Please enlighten me on the vetting process then. Carbon Copy the DHS and FBI as well. Look at the process.

Collect documents from applicant. That's reassuring as there is no database to compare it to or verify that they are who they say they are.

Screen for outstanding warrants or ties to known bad actors. Again that's reassuring as there is no database to compare it to other than what little bit we know. Their country has ***infrastructure and data for us to use.

Interviewed by USCIS officers. ...

Fingerprints collected. ...

Fingerprints scanned and ran through our databases. ....

That's it for security concerns
Refugees are kept in UN refugee camps and it literally takes years before a refugee is admitted to the US.

Quote:
The total processing time varies depending on an applicant’s location and other circumstances, but the average time from the initial UNHCR referral to arrival as a refugee in the United States is about 18-24 months.

Do you really think there are no databases? The country that sucks up information and stores it for years has no databases to check against?

If the US sucks so much at security why do we spend so much damn money within the industry, why do we have new and bigger and greater data storage centers?

Seriously. We have lists that have lists in the US.

Here's one database for you
Quote:
DOD Defense Forensics and Biometrics Agency (DFBA)’s Automated Biometric Identification System (ABIS)
A biometric record check of the Department of Defense’s (DOD) records collected in areas of conflict (predominantly Iraq and Afghanistan). DOD screening began in 2007 for Iraqi applicants and has now been expanded to all nationalities. CBP’s National Targeting Center-Passenger (NTC-P) conducts biographic vetting of all ABIS biometric matches against various classified and unclassified U.S. government databases.
Pretty sure homeland security and the FBI are already aware of it....
[+]
 Shiva.Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2016-06-21 12:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You've casually dismissed the vetting process solely because it adheres to the pants-wetting fear that Trump is selling.

Also, it's more of Trump using the information given to him from the people that are performing the vetting process. So it's the people that are doing the vetting that are selling it.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-21 12:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You've casually dismissed the vetting process solely because it adheres to the pants-wetting fear that Trump is selling.

Also, it's more of Trump using the information given to him from the people that are performing the vetting process. So it's the people that are doing the vetting that are selling it.

Who are these people and why do you believe that s presidential candidate has direct access to them?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-21 12:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Pretty sure homeland security and the FBI are already aware of it....

Inner agency cooperation has never been our strong suit...

Also, the FBI is too busy competing against the CIA and the DEA to control the heroin market to be bothered with NSA'a ginormous data ***
First Page 2 3 ... 134 135 136 ... 216 217 218