FFVII Remake... It's Official! (Discussion)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » FFVII Remake... It's official! (Discussion)
FFVII Remake... It's official! (Discussion)
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-12-05 14:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I played through it when it came out but ive forgotten almost everything about it since then, its hard for me to get immersed in handhelds anymore. I cant even finish pokemon games without losing interest near endgame, beyond gen 3. So maybe it was a good game but i cant remember anything about it. Aside from doing squats.
Server: Asura
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-12-05 14:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
if they turn it into some always fighting *** it wont really feel like ff7.
They did.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-05 14:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll probably be like 12/13/15 in that you can see the enemies and avoid them if you want
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-05 14:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if this is the future of Final Fantasy games then I hope a remake of VI turns out be an RTS style game.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-05 15:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone crying over the battle system "not being turn-based", please just get over it already. I also wanted turn-based, but I also knew how difficult it would be to implement in a modern game. After seeing the trailer (and tearing up), I suddenly didn't care how the battle system is, all I care about is the fact they are remaking it for us; they didn't have to remake anything.

No one played FFVII and told their friends it has the best battle system of any game ever, they told their friends how VISUALLY and AUDIBLY awesome it was. C'mon guys .. we are Final Fantasy fans, we should be applauding this, not nitpicking the action. Personally the old FFVII is way too slow for younger gamers, I have a friend who is 20 (and I'm 28, so big difference), and he always has a *** for FFX and FFXII, and I tried so hard to get him to play FFVII, but the fact it looks and plays like such an outdated game (it would be like my Dad trying to get me to clear an Atari game), he never got into it. He didn't even know how to run, he essentially walked to the first boss and died.

That's how games are now, I accept that, and I hate change. I'm hoping this remake gives younger Final Fantasy fans a chance to experience how great the story and characters were, and perhaps they will play the original to see how it changed. I'm always going to love FFVII, Advent Children, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, anything FFVII related is gold, and FFVII easily beats any other FF because of the story, the music, and the characters, NOT because the battle system was turn-based.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-12-05 15:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

my problem is how they characterized Cloud in the trailer

Cloud is not a badass in FF7
he's weak
he's a dorky goober

maybe it's a fluke, but I hope they don't give Cloud the Advent Children treatment for this game.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Enternius
By Owari Monogatari 2015-12-05 15:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
The heck are you talking about? The first 3/4 of it was "Look How Cool This Character Is: The Game". He's an ex-mercenary that's too jaded to care about what happens to the world anymore. It's every action movie hero.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-05 15:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

he's weak
he's a dorky goober

maybe it's a fluke, but I hope they don't give Cloud the Advent Children treatment for this game.

If you know the story (SPOILERS)
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-12-05 15:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Owari Monogatari said: »
The heck are you talking about? The first 3/4 of it was "Look How Cool This Character Is: The Game". He's an ex-mercenary that's too jaded to care about what happens to the world anymore. It's every action movie hero.

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

he's weak
he's a dorky goober

Yes I've played the game and I don't disagree with that synopsis

but Cloud in the first three quarters of the game is way different from Cloud in Advent Children

I'm worried that they'll portray him as Advent Children Cloud when that is wrong and doesn't make sense
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-05 15:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope the graphics don't suck in the remake like they did in the original.

The crappy grainy looking graphics are what kept me away from ff7 in the first place.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-12-05 15:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »

The crappy grainy looking graphics are what kept me away from ff7 in the first place.

grainy? I'd call it more 'blocky'
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-05 15:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

grainy? I'd call it more 'blocky'

It's a bit of both hehe
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-05 15:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I wanna see the summons in HD

With the god damn animations
The time for Kjata to finally be shown in more than a pile of cubes!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-05 15:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Love the blocky graphics! Gives it substance. The true graphics in the game were in the backgrounds. I wish people could get past graphics and appreciate a game for the story, the music, the characters and the gameplay. Graphics do not make a great game, the Sega Mega Drive had many awesome games and the graphics were worse than original FFVII.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-05 15:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

he's weak
he's a dorky goober

Do we really need to do spoilers for FF7? It's a remake but meh, anyway, there is some potential in Cloud, as seen when he overpowers Sephiroth and throws him into the Mako Reactor but I believe a lot of his strength as seen in FF7 comes from the experiments he underwent, he was infused with Mako energy and Jenova cells just like a member SOLDIER would be but unlike Zack who easily resisted it, Cloud went into a near catatonic state, pretty similar to how he goes after his Mako poisoning in the events of FF7.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-05 15:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerith dies.

Yes, I did not spoiler that!
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-05 15:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

he's weak
he's a dorky goober

Do we really need to do spoilers for FF7? It's a remake but meh, anyway, there is some potential in Cloud, as seen when he overpowers Sephiroth and throws him into the Mako Reactor but I believe a lot of his strength as seen in FF7 comes from the experiments he underwent, he was infused with Mako energy and Jenova cells just like a member SOLDIER would be but unlike Zack who easily resisted it, Cloud went into a near catatonic state, pretty similar to how he goes after his Mako poisoning in the events of FF7.

Yes, because believe it or not, many younger fans of Final Fantasy never (or simply refused) to play the original "because the graphics are too blocky!". Lame, I know, but I would rather not spoil it for them if they ever consider playing the remake. Also I got told off for accidently spoiling the RoV storyline, so just wanted to be sure.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-05 15:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I like blocky style also.
Usually because blocky style is also very crisp and well defined.
It's just the grainy backgrounds I don't like because it becomes very difficult to distinguish what I'm actually looking at...
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-12-05 16:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Aerith dies.

Yes, I did not spoiler that!
Noooooooooooooooooooooo~!

EDIT: Actually, this raises the question: should we really bother spoilering story-related discussions for a nearly 20 year-old game? (Obviously you don't think so, and so do I, but others used the spoiler tag so I'm interested in knowing what others think).
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-05 16:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just the grainy backgrounds I don't like because it becomes very difficult to distinguish what I'm actually looking at...

Back in 1997, everyone was like "OMG LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS! SO REAL!" because we were used to typical 2D style Sonic games and Mario. This was a huge step forward in terms of a 3D world. Having a 3D World Map? Unbelievable. Sounds odd to say, but these "blocky and grainy graphics" were cutting edge in 1997. It's going to be really odd playing the remake and not having the blocky graphics, I cleared the game about 70 million times so it will take some time to get used to HD Cloud in HD Midgar. We didn't even have the internet back in 1997, and the game sold like hot cakes; everyone was talking about how great it was.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-05 16:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Looks good...

Also some people (like my self) have not played ff7 so that little tidbit about whoever died could ruin the story for newbies :/
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-05 16:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Noooooooooooooooooooooo~!
Yissss!!! Screw her!

"Flower girl", everyone in Midgar knows she was a hooker!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-05 16:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Looks good...

Also some people (like my self) have not played ff7 so that little tidbit about whoever died could ruin the story for newbies :/

Personally I knew that spoiler before I played the original, and it didn't detract from just how emotionally crippling it was. The end of the first disc was one of the saddest moments in gaming history, whether you knew it was going to happen or not. And to this day, people still talk about that moment.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-05 16:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm first to be careful about spoilers about books, movies, and anything, but spoilers netiquette does not apply to something almost 20 years old. It's also referenced pretty much everywhere on internet.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-12-05 16:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, here's the first victim.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-05 16:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Owari Monogatari said: »

he's weak
he's a dorky goober

Yes I've played the game and I don't disagree with that synopsis

but Cloud in the first three quarters of the game is way different from Cloud in Advent Children

I'm worried that they'll portray him as Advent Children Cloud when that is wrong and doesn't make sense

The way I see Cloud in the trailer is the exact way I saw him in the original. He doesn't care for AVALANCE, he doesn't care about saving the planet. The only thing he cares about is 1) getting paid, and 2) staying alive. So they have done right by portraying Cloud the way they have. Cloud is also much stronger compared to Biggs Wedge and Jessie, and stronger than Barrett, which gives him the cocky attitude. Cloud will be an arse in the beginning, for sure.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-05 16:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Back in 1997, everyone was like "OMG LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS! SO REAL!" because we were used to typical 2D style Sonic games and Mario. This was a huge step forward in terms of a 3D world. Having a 3D World Map? Unbelievable. Sounds odd to say, but these "blocky and grainy graphics" were cutting edge in 1997. It's going to be really odd playing the remake and not having the blocky graphics, I cleared the game about 70 million times so it will take some time to get used to HD Cloud in HD Midgar. We didn't even have the internet back in 1997, and the game sold like hot cakes; everyone was talking about how great it was.
The late 90s is when I quit playing video games for a while because the graphics were so awful hahaha. Clearly defined images of a 16 bit system are far better than grainy 3d images. It wasn't until the ps2/xbox that the game systems were able to produce 3d images that didn't look like sandpaper... (N64 had a few gems though)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-05 16:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I'm first to be careful about spoilers about books, movies, and anything, but spoilers netiquette does not apply to something almost 20 years old. It's also referenced pretty much everywhere on internet.

It's because I went into intricate details about the underlying plot you don't find out about til later in the game .. or if you ever play Crisis Core. Obviously everyone knows about Aeris, but anyone who's not played FFVII in its entirety and tried to understand the back story, they might not want it spoiled. I know I wouldn't. Anyways, it's not about whether I posted it in a spoiler tag or not, that's not the focus here. The focus is the fact FFVII is being remade, and we obviously can't wait. And hopefully those who never played the original might share our enthusiasm for it in the future.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-12-05 16:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one who was like "meh" when Eirisu-neechan died? I had just started using her in the party (since the temple of the ancients), but didn't really get that intense emotional shock that everybody keeps talking about.

I only felt that about Lavitz in Legend of Dragoon (even though they replace the character with another that has the same stats, abilities, and exp progress).
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-12-05 16:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
i hope they keep turn based combat.. if they turn it into some always fighting *** it wont really feel like ff7.
LOOK AT ALL THIS INCREDIBLY IMPRESSIVE 3D MODELING WE DID FOR THE ENTIRE GAME WORLD!

Now lets remove you from that and put you in the old combat system with bland static arenas that have absolutely no effect on how a battle would play out.

Also you have a single attack animation for each character now do this for 60+ hours.

Yeah, no thanks. It was cool in the original because you got improved character models and animations to look at when you went into a battle. That isn't the case here.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25